Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Roots, reach and silliness

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Trevour, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trevour

Trevour Avatar

When I get webbed, shouldn't I be able to rotate. A single tiny wolf spider webbed me from the back and killed me because I could not rotate and fight back. Seems a bit silly that roots do not let you rotate.

Reach... I am holding a one handed long sword and spiders and wolves can bite me while out of range of my sword. How are their teeth longer then my long sword. I have arms and a sword and the sword has long in it's name. I should have the same reach as a wolf. I have to step forward and stand on their head to smack them with my sword. Seems a bit silly.

Anyone else think these things need just a minor tweak?

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  2. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

Trevour,

I believe that the reach thing is a current bug, likely introduced when they changed some AI features. Normally this is not the case, but it has happened in the past, I'm sure this will get fixed in the next release in the latest.

As far as the rotating; I definitely hear what you're saying. But I think it's suppose to be so that you can also root your foes and hit them in the back. The best way to handle rooting is to use their root escape feature which is jumping. If you jump while rooted you have a percent chance to break the root and free yourself (at the cost of focus). So if you get rooted just spam your jump key =)

~Woden

3. agra

agra Avatar

Mmhm! Nothing like burning through half your focus pool to get re-webbed immediately.

I had 80% CC immunity (4x the buff) on a spider fight, and the webbing/rooting was continuous. I mean, what's the point of the rising CC immunity buff if the NPC's ignore it? Silly.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.