rough piece - tentative "resurrection" feedback pls or help

Discussion in 'The Bards of Poets' Circle' started by mike11, Nov 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Hi all! I have managed to get another track underway but it is still all rough and much changes will follow including instrumentation to better fit the atmosphere. However melodies and rhythm patterns should be discernible and even more I am ready to hear any feedback or suggestion for the piece.

It is a drum heavy track with a guitar lead guitar rhythm, tuned percussion backing, strings and bass.

For the bards the tune is in G minor and chords are, A# G sus, F, C sus (roughly) then during the change there is some Gm - Gm - F - F the after that some breakdowns where I just play with the melodies a bit more.

thanks for any feedback and updates to come!

PS sorry I suck at making my demos short and to the point as it does loop a few times by time the track ends.

peace

update: some revisions and added some new choir samples.

update jan - added back some electric guitar parts for now

2. Athens

Athens Avatar

You might need to re-embed the track.

3. mike11

mike11 Avatar

ya, I kind of lost interest in doing this due to no feedback, no interest, no serious offers to collaborate after almost two years and over twenty demos offered of original pieces and recieved no interest from anyone to reinstumentalize them.

The devs seemingly made a about turn regarding contributors going from the opportunity to contribute shorts to only accepting finished pieces, mostly it seemed to appease those seeking affirmation of their "finished" works.

Other pieces that have been accepted seem to have foregone reinstrumentation. Other artists had been approved when frankly some pieces and their skills were not IMO that great.

I have been punked several times, though, insulted by mods, received some comments from the submission process which consisted of some words of approval and feedback in one sentance.

I had hoped that this community would be more open to creative collaboration but it seems to be mostly consumed by personal goals...

I dont think Ill find much real pro feedback here so... I will likely repost some things later when I get back to them another day.

Sent from my GT-S5690M using Tapatalk 2

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.