Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Roving Encounter Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 35 Feedback Forum' started by Poor game design, Oct 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

First off, good job with the 1st iteration.

Here's some feedback:

1. In the future, I think what should happen is there should be a quick check to see if the player has killed over 100 of the mobs in the scene. If they have, the mobs should just run away. They should literally be scared for their lives and run right out of the scene. This will help prevent players from farming these scenes, and make it more "realistic" and fun for most players (like me).

2. When making roving encounters in the future, I'd like to see more thought put into why the mobs are there. For example, there are red sash bandits on a road. Well that's fine and it makes some sense, but once you get into the scene it's hard to tell why they thought standing around spread out (not hiding) was a good idea. It's hard to tell how long they planned on staying there. It's hard to tell what their general plan was.

It seems like they should either have some sleeping bags and some kind of semi-viable strategy besides stand around and wait to get killed. ;)

3. Because bandits and skeletons appear to be guarding the same roads (at least in the hidden vale) this looks like an opportunity to have the two factions interact with each other. Maybe the bandits should be saying something like "I'm glad those skeletons aren't around. They give me the creeps." Or maybe when you find the bandit chest there should be skeleton bones inside of it. Anything that gives the player these events are not completely random and are at least aware of one another would probably help with immersion.

4. In the future, I'd really like to see some encounters where the player really only gets ONE shot at being successful. If they skip it, or they die (fail) then they don't get the prize - ever. I like the idea of having a challenge that pops up when you least expect it, and you're just kind of forced to deal with the hand you've been dealt (for example, if you're encumbered or out of regents). It would be really cool if there were some kind of special rare hidden away in the scene and players could only enter that scene one time.

2. Matt Black

Matt Black Avatar

I am at that early stage where I sort of appreciate the option of taking my time to farm the scenes. But I would also like to see some incentive to take part in the scenes such as improved resource quality and rares.

3. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I would like the option to sneak attack since they are not watching their backs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.