Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Roving Encounters Level

Discussion in 'Release 35 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Themo Lock, Oct 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

On the overworld map i saw a skele with 2k+ health and thought "nice!" and attacked it. In the actual encounter they were just baby skelies. Would be nice if those matched (i know, early days).

Lace, StevieD and Alexander like this.
  2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

These are going to annoy people i think heh. I think maybe the roving mobs should suffer the same offroad movement penalty that we do unless they are animals or flying creatures.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    Lace, lollie, Cally and 3 others like this.
  3. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I saw my first encounter today. It was nice to walk around them since I didn't want the unwanted distraction :D

Govenor Ruin likes this.
  4. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

In QA, I was on the north side of sanctus walking in North Paladis, just after passing Yew going SW I ran into a bandit encounter. These bandits were archer(359), thug(387), wizard(359). Lucky for me I am strong enough for that. When I got through with them, I immediately ran into a wolf encounter with lots of elder wolf(482).

Maybe since I was between sanctus and superstition it was rated higher. But, it was nice to see some encounters that arent 75 to 150 hit points.

I did not notice the hit points on the overworld bandit or wolf. Next time I will try to see that so I can tell if it relates to the strength of the mobs inside.

5. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Some of these encounters are fantastic!!! Two 5 skull encounters in a row. Wolves then skelletons... also gold veins and stuff in the rocks! That kicks butt!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    Lace likes this.
  6. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Why do skeletons and bandits wander on the roads? Shouldn't they be in the woods hiding, or near a cemetery? Can't lord British send out some patrols to police the roads?

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I think it would also be great to see a wandering elemental as well for a little bit of a surprise. I'm still wishing for a result for the Roving encounter, like a purpose or a reason, with some type of resolution, and some type of reward even if it is monetary saying you have saved the queen ;). Or Lord or Lady perhaps ;)

StevieD and Lace like this.
  8. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Remember the little wagons and flying dragon and stuff? I wouldn't be shocked to see regional wandering cooks.

Is cook short for cuckoo? that's what I mean I just don't know how to spell it, but it would be cuckoo to see cooks roaming in the forests and deserts etc

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes @StevieD that would be fantastic. I was having a blast on the overland map with the broken encounters. We were really joking around about it to anyone who passed by us. lol I almost liked them being broken better, people were saying oh no fair how does your pet get to show on the overland map, oh but course because I'm so very special lol and I was j/k perhaps ;) It was just fun to enjoy the broken stuff in a humorous way. Not taking it all so seriously. :) I am still cracking up by a comment someone said, it was 'watch out that dog is a sniffer' haha too funny and watch that nose buddy. ;) lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.