Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Roving Encounters (Patch 405)

Discussion in 'Release 35 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Kara Brae, Oct 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I just engaged two roving encounters in Patch 405 (Skeletons and Bandits, both plains road scene).

Positive:
    • The encounters went smoothly. The skeleton was facing the other way on the Overworld map, so I could easily have slinked away without triggering the encounter. As it was, I had to walk up behind him and tap him on the shoulder. I liked the fact that the skele had to rely on line of sight and didn't notice my presence using some secret radar.
    • Both scenes had a couple of gold nodes in them. I ended up with 5 gold ore and some copper. It is great that low level players have a chance to harvest rare ores without having to enter a mine.

Wish list:
    • I would like to see the mob stats on the overworld map reflect the level of mobs in the scene I will be pulled into. This would help me to decide whether or not to avoid the encounter In my two trials, the Bandit and Skeleton on the overworld map both had over 1,000 HP. Once I entered the encounter, the mobs were beginner level.
    • More varied encounters (not just the same scene with different mobs), but I think this is on your radar anyway.

lollie and Birne Gilmore like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If the mobs are green then they shouldn't be chasing you down on the world map either.

Pikegirl, lollie and moko like this.
  3. moko

moko Avatar

Yes, please let "green" encounters remain passive - so I can choose whether I want to engage with mobs below my level or not.

Pikegirl, lollie and Birne Gilmore like this.
  4. Birne Gilmore

Birne Gilmore Avatar

yes ... if the encounter is no danger at all just let them stay away from me/not rushing to attack ... it's annoying to get attacked by a band of one-hit-wonders ^^

Pikegirl, moko and lollie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.