ROW SIZED GARDENS

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Elrond, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I would love to create some row sized gardens in my POT .. I have areas in my town where village deeds dont fit but rows can fit ...unfortunately row deeds come with mandatory house , we're not allowed to have an empty lot . @DarkStarr im hoping youll help with this . I understand why this would not be a good idea as everyone will probably use them for farming giving the low rent cost vs space to plant....so maybe dont allow planting beds/pots on empty row lots ... id be happy with this compromise...if we can make smaller gardens ..everywhere :)

Here are some areas i could make a nice alley or garden.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

How about -- these would be "public" gardens - like a public cache chest?

Anyone can plant, water, harvest, etc?

Perhaps even requiring some "stealing" skill to take stuff that someone else planted -- or losing a little virtue

?

3. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I would appreciate this :)
    As I wrote here ...

4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

While it may be a good idea, row houses were added to the game so that they could cull areas for drawing. That purpose would be diminished with the proposal. Since they haven’t been eager in the past to remove this purpose for their design, I doubt that any changes would be coming soon.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  5. Net

Net Avatar

I am so confused, what is the point of garden when you would not be allowed to grow stuff there?

Would be neat to have row-sized open lots though, plenty of possibilities how to use them, I think there is tine graveyard in Ardoris instead of one row house it is nice area.

6. Eric White

Eric White Avatar

There are a number of ways they COULD implement this (like requiring taxes to be paid no matter what deed and make it higher than the current Row Lot tax)... personally I'd rather they just continue to fix broken things and march towards Episode 2. It seems to me that complicating the Row Lot with different implementations is just asking for more bugs: (1) out of the gate and (2) later on. Is that worth it? Could be, but I'd just err on the side of "not worth the dev time."

The point of the row lot is small, urban, entry level. It has a lower cost per area BECAUSE of it's restriction of requiring a building.

Urban "PoT" planning and use of village lots as needed ought to take care of the need for a garden. In Episode 2 we'll have the ability to move buildings around a non-row lot, right?

Obviously this is just my opinion. I would not be upset if they did it.

7. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Only if we pass it as a stretch goal if I remember.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.