1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Royal Britannian Mint

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Masa Llama, May 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Masa Llama

Masa Llama Avatar

I am a coin collector in RL, and in-game I would like to be able to swap a coto at each of the NPC town banks for a collector version with the year and the town.

For example an item would look like:
    1 Crown Coin (Yew 617)
    1 Crown Coin (Central Brittany 617)

Then every year I could go around each of the towns and buy a coin in each for my collection. Even Special events, could have special coins.

(also stacks of standard coto's for my treasure room, and even other displayable values 10, 50, 100 coto coins, 1000 coto bar etc)

[​IMG]
    (This is a British coin, from the Royal Mint not an example of artwork)

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Time Lord~ Likes this idea!'
    [​IMG]

3. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Love the idea. There's already game art from the old non-gold crowns that could be reused for this.

Would be great to have an option to craft a collectors frame for them that could be displayed on a wall or on a flat surface.

Wilfred, Sarek, Elgarion and 2 others like this.
  4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Maybe ways of creating a golden house decor?
    [​IMG]

(Please excuse the following comments, as I've recently been exploring the outer most reaches in gaudy-sota-deco designing) :D~TL~
    • mint condition
    • pitted condition
    • scuffed condition
    • pitted and scuffed condition
    I like that idea @that_shawn_guy , which would possibly add date of issue and origin (mint condition), and also could be displayed unframed able to be stacked on flat surfaces (pitted condition) or placed on walls without framing the same way shields can be placed (scuffed condition), or both mounted like a shield or stacked or placed on anything (pitted and scuffed).
    @Masa Llama may know better ways of describing such grade conditions. I'm just thinking of different ways they could be more widely used in decorating, which could cause them to "actually" look different due to the ways they've been used changed forever. 4 colorings could result providing 4 slightly different colors. If the COTO are different in size when issued in different denominations, then it would provide a wider variety in different decorating usage.

If they are shiny and coming in different sizes and slightly different colors (depending on usage somewhat described above), then this would open up ways of accenting wall color when enough are mounted on them or placed covering a table or even a floor's surface.

"Would they still be able to be spent?" I don't know :confused:!'
    But a 10,000 COTO gold piece should be a whopper!

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    Sarek likes this.
  5. Masa Llama

Masa Llama Avatar

@Time Lord
    Common grade terms used in the UK are Fine, Very Fine, Extremely Fine and Uncirculated.

Uncirculated (UNC)
    Uncirculated coins are in new condition as issued by the Mint, retaining their brilliance but possibly displaying some imperfections from the production or storage processes.

Extremely Fine (EF)
    Extremely fine coins show only minimal marks or faint evidence of circulation, apparent only on close examination.

Very Fine (VF)
    Very fine coins have limited evidence of wear on their raised surfaces but have experienced only minimal circulation.

Fine (F)
    Fine coins have entered circulation and display considerable wear to the raised surfaces of the design.

There are sub categories but that gets really complicated.

Time Lord and that_shawn_guy like this.
  6. that_shawn_guy

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I'm not in favor of that @that_shawn_guy . I'd hate to see class wars or "eat the rich" attitudes be wielded "against" anyone who backs our game, nor would I want personal attacks of any type become a part of our culture "through their items".

It's a slippery slope which appears innocent until it's pointed in an unfriendly way. Such ways as twitch, twitter and discord becomes the method of delivering such cheap shots which then harm their intended unaware target. Backers of our game should never become near to being targets. We have seen this before many times, when gangs of posting players decide that one or a group of players needs to be ridiculed for their gaming investment amounts. This truly harmed our development fund raising promotions early in our game's history. Some of those who couldn't afford a pledge waged personal attacks on those who had a pledge which influenced those looking at making/buying a pledge.

So I am not in favor of linking COTO (which totally and exclusively support our game) to any such innuendo or identifier.
    I would not wish this to become a tool of anyone's hidden enemies or gossip peddlers.
    We are talking about the funding of our game, which is nothing to be toying with.

It's been used in terrible ways at me before, which cost me thousands of dollars in sota gaming investment, so I'm against linking the "I am Rich" idea to this. It seems like a good idea when you are in a "click", but when you're not it can cause devastating consequence to an individual.

(and just an FYI for anyone's curiosity, I make an actual amount less than many homeless in the USA, which is why I don't live there. I just spend what I would going to pubs, instead on my at home gaming. So those few thousands of dollars I lost due to personal attacks here in our game were very valuable to me. That slander has gone a very long way and continues to haunt my sota life in the echoes it's caused from others).

[​IMG]

Masa Llama and that_shawn_guy like this.
  8. that_shawn_guy

Good points @Time Lord!
    Just to clarify, my "I am Rich" idea has nothing to do with COTOs and was all about in-game gold. But, I do see how RMT could be brought into it. But, it is meant to be a gold sink. We've kinda running short of those recently.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I totally understand @that_shawn_guy :) In-game gold is very different than coto, and we do need "deep" in-game gold sinks!
    It is what it is and was what it was and though it still echoes from some, it is well in the past for me, yet I would never wish that on anyone, which is why it needed adding to our discussion.

I do wonder what a Golden Ornate Greenhouse 4 story row house would look like with even more gold hung all over it. I think that would be the ultimate in gaudy-sota-deco :D
    [​IMG]

that_shawn_guy likes this.
  10. Masa Llama

Masa Llama Avatar

The idea for collecting coins is about getting people to visit all the NPC towns (39 locations) often (every 2 weeks).
    1 coto per coin (cheap and cheerful).

I would not do the grading of coins, or denominations.

Some people might want to collect only their home town coins. (Go Central B)

The UK Royal Mint pushed out too many coins too often that people could not afford to collect all the coins that they wanted to collect and they gave up.

The best way to avoid this is to have the basic coins known to be once per year per location (like UK Sovereigns, or US Eagles).

If the mint wants to make more coins they can do different series which does not effect the base collector.

The UK Royal Mint did the 'Queens Beasts' series, for us it could be Dragons or Castles or Wyverns or Unicorns etc. in different denominations as one offs with collector cases.

Idea. Have coins which are collected by completing different quests. Coin of Understanding, Coin of Grace, Coin of Undying Love etc. Similar to the banners.

Wilfred, Sarek and that_shawn_guy like this.
  11. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Visiting 39 locations every 2 weeks sounds like "what's possible" if collecting a great many are what's desired by the player. I just can't see desiring them at all, if they didn't have display desirability, which depends on their luster, lack of luster or differing hue.

What should 39 coins or one or more look like when displayed?
    In the end, it must be something to look at and display to others and possibly be able to be later sold, right or wrong?
    ~TL~

Masa Llama and that_shawn_guy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.