**Royal Warrant** Release 63 Parade|Carnivale|Dance Party with DJ Darkstarr on Avatars Radio

Discussion in 'Release 63 Events' started by Alleine Dragonfyre, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

**Royal Warrant**
    Release 63 and DJ @DarkStarr's Birthday!
    Parade|Carnivale|Dance Party
    on Avatars Radio

Hosted by @Minerva and Shimizu (@kaeshiva)
    in Ordinis Mortis
    Monday, March 4, 2019 2-6pm NBT/CST

Special thanks to Cambria Stormlin for all the help!

All Novians are invited to join the parade with floats or as a dancer/marcher!
    Organized groups must enter their floats by posting in this thread. Confirmation of your entry will be given by @Minerva

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  2. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

3. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Please enter our float: Dragomir Mori/Black Sails... One float.

CatherineRose

4. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

I might just barely be able to make this one. How are you going to get moving floats? Curious to see how you guys do this.

5. Lace

Lace Avatar

So after 50 iterations and me pestering POT members and Prism guild members, here is the Diamond Fields/Prism "float"
    (note that our wheels placed fine on a village lot on this bed but on the city lot of Minerva's they did not, other spatial things seemed amiss to in the rebuilding, I have no idea whey it could be built one way in one location and not in another ) I don't have enough info to create a bug report it is just odd.

Anyway Diamond Fields, for those that don't know is named after a Pat Benatar song of no renown that I thought was cool and the lyrics talk about 'Shall we go to the Diamond Field tonight, with the treasure buried in plain sight".. This line along with others in the song made it feel RP as a town name from my love of Pat.

Because a Diamond is prismatic the town became the home to the guild Prism which is an LGBT friendly guild. So our float for this year represents not only the town but one of the guilds where some members live.

[​IMG]

With the permissions of our non LGBT members, we got to freely use that prismatic cycling dye in designing our float. On it is a public cache, which you can visit now before the actual parade on Monday and get some various books we have published along with some thematic sheet music like .. oh ..YMCA .. which is the dress for our marching members with the float.

In addition some other themed songs will be sprinkled into the public cache like: Wham-Careless Whisper, Queen-I Want it All, Joan Jett-Do you Wanna Touch, Queen-Another One Bites the Dust, Joan Jett-I love rock and Roll, Village People-YMCA.. (Note most of this sheet music was specifically written for lute, other instrument quality may vary but hey its free)

If you want to march with us on Monday between 2-3 CST during the parade we would love to see Village People themed attire as below and better variations than we have for construction worker, leather person, and cop(aeronautic).... We would love to see better village people outfits than we have imagined... No promises but might be something in it for you with a good one.

Construction Worker

[​IMG]

Policeperson
    [​IMG]

And of course the leather dude modeled by Lace

[​IMG]
    I so need a cowboy hat to do a 4 some .

I think this is an amazing event idea with the floats and how @Minerva has organized it, and I am truly jealous of her creativity in this event. Even if you hate our submission, or if you have to work during the event times on Monday, come see the float staging area, and all the wonderful touches @Minerva has put into this event with the help of her comrades.

Its in ordinis mortis and here on the map (NW section of POT)
    [​IMG]

And thanks for asking me to do a float ... I had a blast in doing a theme etc!

6. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I don't often get to attend release parties because of work. So it is doubly awesome for me that I not only got to attend this release party, but I got to celebrate Darkstarr's birthday too! Thanks @DarkStarr for sharing time with us and playing "tight" music :)

A lot of love and care went into the deco and I have to thank @Minerva for all the hard work, as well as @kaeshiva and @Cambria Stormlin for their part in making it a memorable event. I had a lot of fun hanging out with the community and want to thank all of you for making Shroud of the Avatar more than a game - you make it an adventure!

7. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

@Fionwyn Wyldemane , thank you for your kind words. We had a lot of enjoyment making the venue and planning the adventure. @kaeshiva out did herself with the books she wrote and knowing the area. It was so much fun to watch the talents of so many join together. But our inspiration was @DarkStarr .

8. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

I really enjoyed the event, I can rarely make mid-day events (or any event) but glad I was there for that one. The floats were just quite a unique use of the deco system and I didn't expect to see 120 people at a mid-day event (at least mid-day for NA). So great job!

9. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

I loved being able to see what you guys were setting up before the event. I was unfortunately unable to attend; really bumming me out that I missed it.
    You guys did a fantastic job making something different and fun. This game has some wonderfully creative players that really make the things you can do here shine. Thank you so much for the effort you all put into this.

10. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Wish I could have been there, but I'm on a trip to get computer parts Sounds like it was great!

11. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

It was a great event!

Are there any video/livestream recordings and where?

12. Caernarvon

Caernarvon Avatar

What a fabulous event, clearly an extraordinary amount of effort and attention to detail put into it all. I'm still bewildered on how you got the floats moving. Mindboggling. Incredibly, I think it was also my first visit to O.M. - what an amazing place you have. As always nice to see so many people, out and about in their colourful finery and a lot of purple names in the house. And it has to be said Darkstarr... banging tunes... banging tunes!

13. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Outstanding job folks! Definitely raised the bar!

Winfield, kaeshiva, Minerva and 2 others like this.
  14. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/390382003 < Alleine Dragonfyre

Thats the only one I could find but I'm sure there are others.