1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

[RP-Event] Chapter 1: Nightmares of Novia

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Cerus, Oct 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

We elected to accept the meeting with the mysterious Maeva.
    She was a bit scary, and never showed her face.
    But really, it turned out that she just was desperately curious about desert horticulture and wanted our advice on the caring and nurturing of desert flora.
    Nothing whatsoever untoward happened.
    No dark alliances were made.
    No nefarious plans were hatched.

[​IMG]

Boris happened to wander in to the tavern during our meeting, but he left quite suddenly....

2. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

I think Someone fell asleep during said meeting...

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  3. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

We did indeed meet up with this mysterious Maeva and managed to learn a few things.
    Maeva is just a messenger and although they didn't elaborate it was quite clear they reported to *someone* and that the invasion will begin on December 1st as we had already concluded.
    We also learned that this attack was more of a distraction than an actual attempt to seize Ardoris. They mentioned a "town close to Brittany" would also be a target in a co-ordinated assault and that the forces were already on route and ready to "rise from beneath the town"
    Clearly they are looking for something. It does make me wonder if Kiln will be attacked at the same time since it has the cisterns under the town and I'm unsure if that is their real target.

4. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Boris, your seagulls message has been received. Snow, helped me ready The Misti Sea in order to meet you. We will be there within 2 days travel and will dock next to your ship, the Dragon which I am sure you will be keeping an eye on any obsidian ships that may be at the dock. We greatly look forward to seeing you once again.
    "Captain! send your First Mate to tell Boris that we have arrived and will look forward to the feast you and Razulah have prepared."
    Snow, go find Boris. He usually greets us upon our arrival. Oh, there you are Razulah. Where is Boris. "My Lady, Boris swam ashore not long ago"
    Razulah, if he per chance returns please request that he remain here for I have some very important information. In the meantime I will go to the Inn for that is the most likely place for him to go. The only time he misses greeting me is when he has something which he adores to do. He is truly Elegant who definitely has an eye and an appetite of a sensuous Pirate. His fondness for the milky skin and sweet smell of soft skin and the silkiness of her hair pulls his heart strings and there is an ever yearning desire calling him to her. This time we must warn him what he is about to face.
    It did not take long to go the distance to the Inn. We stepped into the Inn and observed patrons laughing and enjoying the evening with drink. Barmaid have you seen a very elegant, well dressed and well spoken Pirate this evening?
    The barmaid quickly pointed to the room at the top of the stairs which I hurriedly ascended.

There was soft laughter coming from the room. I recognized the male laughter and quickly opened the door. Boris and the banshee were laughing and talking as I approached them standing there at a table. The banshee was about to press herself against him but when she saw my face she backed up as if hit with a hot iron. My body quickly tensed as I realized that Boris was under some mysterious spell. At first I thought it was just Boris being his lustful pirate self but then I realized it was much worse. He did not even know he was under the spell of this evil being.

"BORIS!" "BORIS"
    Just as my voice raised he looked at the banshee standing there and saw the hatred of the ages in her face. He looked down and for the first time in this evil presents he saw the mark of the Obsidian Lord burned into the flesh of her upper arm.

Her evil grin widened even more when she realized the spell she had him under was broken and he knew who she was.

He caught his breath as he thought "the Obsidian Lord who nearly caused his death in the recent past." The Obsidian Lord who loved to eat his victims alive while their families watch in agony.

Boris lifted himself from the desire he was filled with into the majesty of the fierce and protective Pirate he is.
    At that moment knew she is the oldest daughter of the Obsidian Lord!

Duchess CatherineRose

5. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

The woman's scent was intoxicating beyond comprehension and the rum they drank had an effect he never knew existed. This rum must have been infused with some plant or chemical unknown to him or any other human yet the effect was pleasant and their faces grew closer and closer. He was lost in this woman's gaze until he heard a familiar voice walk into the tavern. It was Duchess Catherine, her voice broke the spell and the mysterious woman snarled at her plan being thwarted.

"Catherine, come and join us I want to introduce this lady to you". His words were cut short as this beautiful woman's face contorted into that of a dark and sinister beast. She drew two daggers that were glistening with what appeared to be some sort of poison and Boris reached back and brandished his longswords stepping in between the mysterious woman and Catherine. They were suddenly teleported to Paxlair were he found Scoffer, Shimizu and Griffler. There was something strange about Shimizu's eyes that put Boris on guard, they were being set up to be puppets for a dark source.

Another mysterious woman met them there who covered her face with a veil. Boris had a bad feeling about this meeting from the onset. Offers of gold and allegiance to someone seemed nefarious yet it seemed Scoffer, Shimizu and Griffler were sold on this offer in exchange for Ardoris' well-being. This was one of Boris' "business hubs" and he would have none of it. He walked out of the meeting hurriedly with a promise to all there to defend Ardoris to the death. He looked for Catherine who was enroute when again he was teleported against his will this time to his ship. something was amyss here and it included some chemicals unleashed into the rum and into the air. The Obsidian Lord had began to unleash the forbidden magic and this was but a sample of its power in the wrong hands. He stumbled out of his ship looking over to the Misti Sea to see if Catherine had suffered the same effect.

(We need more of you to join the cause so feel free to get involved either with the good side or the evil side)

6. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

[​IMG]
    And so, the first part of our story has concluded. Read, how it continues in Chapter II
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.