1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

[RP-Event] Chapter 2: The First Assault

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Cerus, Oct 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

November 26th
    I can't get that troubled face of Gaelis out of my had. We decided to meet today in the tavern where she saw Scoffer and Shimizu. She waits already outside. At her side sits Tolon, her bear, sniffing around. Her face is full of worry. I invite her for a drink and ask her to tell me again about those strange events. After she ends I'm not wiser than before. No new details come to light. And her worry is not only regarding those strange events in Pax, she is also very concerned about the upcoming mischief on dec 1st. She requests me to warn our friends, so they are prepared. I decline it, since I'm not sure what I should warn them about. She insists on it and I write down what she dictates. I end the letters with *be prepared for the worse*. To reduce her distress I leave her in the tavern and walk to the bank with the post office. So hopefully those letters will arrive before the doomed date.

On the way back I stumble over a pale woman. Another stranger in town. Since she could be just a customer of one of the stores in town I approach her to ask if she might need help. She introduce herself as @CatherineRose and that she is not feeling good. I invite her in the tavern to eat something to gain some energy.

I take her to our table and introduce her to Gaelis. After some polite smalltalk our conversation slips over to the rumors about dec 1st. Catherine tells us about her encounter in the tavern outside of PaxLair. That she saw Shimizu and Scoffer talking with a person who hid her face. That Shimizu was murdering her own Servant and that she fainted when she tried to stop Shimizu from further actions. She woke up on her ship and is now still recovering from those events.

We can't believe what she is telling us. A murderer here in Pax and noone, not even the guards noticed it. No dead body was found. Gaelis can't believe that Shimizu would do something this horrible. In my ears burns another small sentence she mentioned. They said "Minerva was going to be upset at them for ... " and than Catherine passed out. What has Minerva to do with this. Gaelis mentioned that Minerva is the guild leader of the "Order of Chivalry" to whom als Scoffer and Shimizu belong. Could it be Minerva is in danger. It is time act. Since we can't solve the riddle around dec 1st alone, we have to ask those that are very likely related to it. Scoffer and Shimizu.

November 27th
    I love sandy desert but not in heavy armor. Every joint is full of sand and makes horrible noise when I move. I hope we arrive soon in Rinzai, a little town outside of Desolis. Rinzai is the hometown of Shimizu and Scoffer. Gaelis visited them once and is leading our troup. We decided yesterday to first search for those two and talk to them before we look for Minerva.
    Since Shimizu was blamed for murdering I decided to look for them prepared. I regret this decision and envy Gaelis since she wears only her normal home outfit, short leather kilt and a white blouse. But she also has her weapon close to her. Catherine also decide for her armor.

As we finally arrive in Rinzai I'm surprised. This town is a beautiful oase in this desert. Small house in the style of Adoris. The streets are wide and curvy so you find always a shadowed place to cool down. Gaelis can't remember which of the houses belong to Scoffer or Shimizu, so we have to search. Every house has runic above the doors which would be a help if you can read runic. sadly in my 100 years in this world I never really learnt runic. Gaelis starts to shout out for Scoffer and Shim. We hope they will hear us and come to meet us. But no reply from anywhere we look. We found some nice museums for armor and weapons but not the persons we were looking for.

On the way out of the the town we finally found Shimizus home, but she was not home. A whole day wasted and no progress at all. Time for plan B. We visit Minerva, she must know where those two are to find or at least where else we can search. I hope we arrive in Ordinis Mortis early tomorrow. There is only one day left till dec 1st.

November 28th
    Sometimes you are out of luck and sometimes you are lucky. This time we are just extremly lucky. Minerva stands in front of the "Filthy Stag". She just returned from a long trip and is waiting for their guildmembers. There will be a meeting today and Scoffer and Shimizu should come. Since we still have some time till the meeting starts, we go into the Filthywd Stag for drink. We explain Minerva our situation as good as we could with the gathered informations. She can't believe what she is hearing. Shim and Scoffer should be murder and a big trouble approaching on dec 1st. She wants answers and knows how to get them.

Some of the guildmembers arrived early for the meeting. Minerva sends them out to bring Shimizu and Scoffer her. After only 5 minutes those two are standing in the Filthy Stag. Gaelis is relieved to see them in good health and greets them joyfully. The smalltalk lastest only a minute. Neither Gaelis nor Catherine could no longer hold back. They bombard Shimuzu and Scoofer with questions about their meeting in Pax. Then their is silence. I notice a bit of amusement in the face of Shimizu before she starts to explain.

Yes there was a meeting PaxLair with a mysterious woman. This woman is called Maeva, who approached them after they were confirming, that the scenes they witnessed in the orb were all located in Adoris. This meeting was to be kept secret but the servant of Shimizu told Boris about it. That's why Catherine and Boris showed up in the taverne in Pax without being officially invited. To keep the conversation secret they had to deal with Catherine and Boris. The servant was punished by Shimizu but didn't died. That was all. The tension in the room up til now vanishes and everyone relaxes.

After hearing this I am a bit disappointed. This is not as spectacular as I hoped it would be. But wait, they just gave us the last missing information. We have to be in Adoris tomorrow. I will be there but I will not take part in the fight. I stay quiet while Gaelis and Catherine agree that they have to defend Adoris. When Scoffer interrupts them with the question why they want defend Adoris. He states that Adoris is a selfish city full of coruption and anti-outlander-propaganda. They should burn so something new arise. Shimizu agrees with him. The only thing she would do would be evacuate the citiziens. The noble and corrupt elite should just die.

A dispute starts between Gaelis and Catherine versus Shim and Scoffer. Even Minerva is infuriated about the opinion off Scoffer and Shimizu. I don't pay really attention to the whole discussion since it is about acting virtues and who decide what is right and wrong. Those things do not interest me. My mind is wandering of to tomorrow. How can enjoy this spectactle the best? Looking from above should give me a good view over the city. I should ask @Net where the best spot is to get on the roofs. But what is with my original plan to create chaos. Adoris is to big to pull any kind of prank to distract those avatars all together. Will I even be needed to create chaos? I can't make up my mind with this discussion in front of me. They are standing on the opposite sides of a river and discuss which side is better without building a bridge to cross the water. Why do they even discuss? They will not change their point of view.

"We will discuss this matter further at the guild meeting and we will decide as a guild." says Minerva. She invites us to join the meeting and voice our opinions there. I don't want to discuss this matter any further. I already decided to be there. Gaelis agrees to join and Catherine is in a rush. She leaves with the words "I will defend Adoris.".

I'm glad I made it to Adoris before Dec 1st, but it is already night. I have not much time to prepare myself. The guild meeting was just to long. Net appeared during the meeting. He used his stealth magic to hide himself. I'm not sure since when he was really around. The guild of Minerva decided to join the fight to protect Adoris, but it looks like the fight within the guild is not over yet. Gaelis and Net will march with Minerva. I excused myself took the fasted way to Adoris, magic. Now that I'm here it is time to change my appearance. Since noone knows who or what will attack Adoris I can have a little bit fun in my disguise. I put on the nightmare mask and the demon wings. Together with my red outfit and the red wyvern I tamed following me slowly, I hope I can distract a few avatars till the real monsters appear. I sprint over the bridge to main entrance of Adoris. Only a few avatars are on the bridge. The town itself is empty. The citiziens are at home and prepare for a quiet night. They are not aware of what will happen soon. I follow the road behind the Peladjar Inn and run in a few avatars already waiting with unsheathed swords. Their swords only miss me because they miscalculated my running speed. I stop immediately and turn around to face those avatars. I don't want to miss the moment when they realize their mistake. They already prepared the second hit and are disturbed by my actions. It is so much fun to see their faces change. The pugnacity in their eyes
    is displaced by irritation followed by resignation. I have to surpress my laughing or else they would attack again even knowing that I'm not one of the awaited creatures. Hurting their pride would definitely end not good for me. So I turn around and run, leaving them behind puzzled. Those avatars are already so incited, they will attack everything that not looks like human. Seems like they don't need me to create chaos. Midnight is close and I should find a place to have a good view over this mess.

December 1st

Midnight. I sit on the roof of one rowhouse close to sequanna square and notice the big fail in my plan. These house are to high and the streets to narrow to see the avatars running around and hunting. I can hear them running, they are searching the creatures. I move to the next roof to have gaze into the sidestreet. Looks like they haven't seen anything abnormal so far. Even if I can't see their faces I can feel the tension raising. More and more avatars are on the streets, not knowing where to go. I can hear their voices echoing in the streets.
    "Have you seen anything?"
    Suddenly there is a movement in the mass of avatars.
    "Small wild boars in the garden. Already killed." They are facing the main entrance following the shout. Finally it starts. The avatars in the street below me are hesitant. Then another shout "Spiders." It comes from the south. Now the avatars start to move and the chaos starts. They don't speak with each other or form groups. No, nearly everyone moves on its own in different direction. That's what I hoped for, pure chaos. Time to have look at sequanna square. I spot Minerva and some of their guildmates down there. No sign of Net and Gaelis. I wonder where they went. Minerva and her group are heading to the marketplace. It seems there are first victims under the citiziens. I'm not interested in the dead bodies but I'm curious about the creatures that seems to spawn out of nowhere. I climb down in the streets. Avatars are rushing through the streets and ignore me. They focus only on wild beast from the forest. I face south to have a look at the docks. Nothing. I turn east and follow the docks. Not one beast only avatars. Do I look the same as them? Frustrated and disoriented because I haven't seen one those creatures. Stop, calm down. I want to enjoy this and not become like them. Think, think, think.

It is still dark. What did Scoffer and Shimizu told me? There is someone summoning all those animals. Someone really powerful and furious and he must have a reason to attack this specific city. Those few animals that spawned so far do not have the slightest chance against all those avatars in the city. They also only spawned in the central part and at the entrance of the city.
    Why?
    Distraction!! Yes, we all were waiting for those spawning and we were lured in this city. We are on a hunt and it is only important to find our next target, focusing on the here and now. Oh how perfidious. Kudos my friend, you nearly got me. Okay, you haven't revealed your final goal yet but this here is a mere demonstration of power. You want to destroy the city in front of the eyes of the avatars and show that the avatars are not able to prevent it. Could it be it be that ... .

A smile is on my face. That is even more fun than to watch the chaos here. Let's see if I can figure out your true motive behind this farce. Those citiziens are just pawns in this game but the noble heads of this city, those are worthy trophies. The closes palace is the Palace of Wind of priestess Khasi. I run to the bridge to the palace. A handful avatars stand guard so no monster can enter the palace over the bridge. Have they forgotten that those things just spawn everywhere, so why not also in the palace. I enter the garden through the gate. No avatar here but some redthorn flowers. Are they new or do they belong to spawning creatures. I'm more interested if anything spawned inside the palace yet. I hate those stairs but as long I can't fly I have to climb them. It is still quiet in the palace. I can't hear anything of tumult that just happens in the city. It seems like they still are not aware what is going. The priestess in not on her throne. I get up to her bedroom. I hear her humming a melody and so far I couldn't see any monster here. Did I misjudged the situation? I will have a look at those flowers, they can only grew in the shardfalls. No chance they are here for decoration. Down in the garden I'm surprised. In the shardfalls I was always immediately attacked when got close to them. But these flowers here show no activity. I approach on of the flowers. I'm now close enough to touch them and they still do not attack me. That is interesting.
    I leave the palace like I entered it and the sun is already over the horizon. From the bridge I take not the direct way to the palace of mountain since this would mean to cross Sequanna square. I choose the nothern street to avoid Sequanna square. I see bodies of underweller lying on the street. In the middle of the small gardening area with the pumpkin growing I see an Underweller. He seems lost and disoriented. I approach him slowly. Will he attack me. To my surprise he doesn't react. The same as the flowers. Before I have the chance to observe him further three avatars rush towards him. They slay him without mercy. He had not even time to turn towards them. Poor guy, you didn't decide to come here, you were forced.

On the way to the mountain palace I pass remains of obsidian golems and ice elementals. The spawning creatures become more and more powerful. Nice strategie. The gates of the mountain palace are wide open. A small group avatars is running upstairs and I follow them. This time the ruler is where he has to be. In the throne room. Dead right in front of its throne. Obsidian golems spawned here, he had no chance. The avatars have been just some seconds to late. In their faces I can see their indecision. They never had tasted defeat so far and now they fail with high consequencces. If the priestess also dies, the city will lose its will to live. It will be destroyed. How glad am I that I wear a mask. Seeing those high and mighty virtue avatars breaking apart is so delightful. I take my time to enjoy this scene. The sun is already up, soon it is noon and I haven't seen anything that gives me a hint regarding the mastermind behind all this. What is he thinking just now? I stare out of the window to sort my thoughts. All the creatures I faced so far were not aggresive and I think they also didn't understood why they are in this town. I haven't seen one portal so far, it is like they come out of nowhere. Great magic is used for this but you can't see the one casting it. It is like playing chess against without an opponent. The figures are already set on the board and you try to figure out the one way to win the game with the next move. So there is no need for me to search for the culprit. I'm really curious now and it angers me that I can't satisfy my curiosity.

I walk back in the city. There is no need to run anymore. At least not for me. I will wait and have a look which furher creatures will spawn. After fighting now more then 12 hours none of the avatars think of resting. They hurry through the streets still eager to protect what is left. It is late afternoon when I reach Sequanna square again. Minerva and her guild are here taking a small rest. A sream interrupts the short peaceful time. Nefarion, a high cabalist, appeared in the middle of Sequanna square. 20 or more avatars attack him. I take shelter behind the statue of Sequanna. The fight against Nefarion is onesided. Minerva is the tank but she doesn't even try to avoid his hits. He is down within some minutes. Really boring.
    As Nefarion hits the floor another Nefarion appears. This time he lasts longer. The avatars wasted their focus on the first one.
    A third one appears. The first avatars start to shout for healers. Minerva looks not that well. Even if I want to help, I can't. For healing I have Net or Gaelis, where are those two? I was running around the whole day in this town and haven't seen them once.
    The fourth Nefarion appears and I can hear more and more curses from the mouths of the avatars. The first healers are reaching the square, in between them I see Net. He looks exhausted. I change my position. I have no weapon with me, I can't defend myself if there spawns something even more evil than Nefarion. The fourth one is down and fifth appears.
    I leave this fight in direction of the wind palace. The sun is already setting. Each avatar I see in the streets is tired and moving slowly with hanging shoulders. Why those sad faces? Ohhh, I totally forgot the priestess. Did I miss something important? I was to absorbed to watch this never ending fight against Nefarion. I have to take a look. The day is nearly over. I wonder when will this attack stop. Nefarion was a real surprise. I never thought something this powerful would appear. What else could come?
    At the beginning of the bridge I find a dead dark unicorn foal. So even those powerful creature can this mastermind summon just for the fun to fight the avatars. As I step on the bridge I hear the first whispers: "The priestess is dead.". That explains why the healers had time to join the battle against Nefarion. Several avatars are standing in the throne room. I notice one is sitting on the throne joking around, now he is the new leader of Adoris. As I reach the bed room of the priestess I find Gaelis sitting on her bed. Behind her lays the priestess as if she would sleep. Dead spiders are surrounding the bed. Poison got her.
    I go over to Gaelis to have a talk. She looks up to me and says "We had everything under control and than one spider appeared directly on the bed.". She turns her head to look outside. I see a fresh wound on her head but she doesn't care about it. I leave her alone and walk to balcony which leads into the sky. I sit down at its end. What a day.

So the avatars won and lost at the same time. The city is not burning but it lost itsheart and soul. My pride is hurt. I couldn't find any clue regarding the one behind this attack and still this day was not wasted. Although I feel sorry for my friends that they lost I can't surpress the smile on my face. There was more chaos in this town than I ever hoped for and this chaos will stay when the sun rise again. And even more chaos will come. I am sure, this was only the beginning. This is not over yet.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  2. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

EVENT DESCRIPTION:
    • This is a non-competitive event that will take place in the forum as well as ingame throughout the next weeks.
    • During this time, a story will be told in the forum and the Community will have the chance to participate in some key-events of this story ingame, and by doing so, influence the story as it's being told.
    • To find out where, when and how the story continues, the participants have to pay attention on the details of the story or riddles that may come up as the story progresses.
    • The event begins with chapter 1 (see above). Several posts will follow continuing the story, but it will not be disclosed when the next post will come.
      • Hint: The crystal orb of the elven mage may actually disclose more hints about the first event location in the following days.
    • This event includes RP-, PvE- as well as PvP.
    ( I don't know how to quote from the other post because it is closed, so I copied it)

Cerus stated the event included also PVP, anyway I can understand your point of view, but I can help you to be safe and enjoy the event also if it is hosted in a PVP zone.
    Maybe Cerus wants to do it in a PVP zone for RP reasons, indeed PVP zones are part of the lore of the game, they are zones where the Obsidian Crystals prevent the Oracle to protect us, so there are differents kinds of mobs and differents mechanics. Ok, it's true, we don't earn anything for attending the event, but if you don't lose anything too, why bother?

Just suggesting to don't ruin your fun for it, enjoy the event and have fun, nothing will bother you

3. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

[​IMG]
    The first hour of December the horror unleashed in Ardoris. Horrible creatures seemed to appear everywhere and began to slay the terrified citizens. But not all hope was lost. By that time, Avatars from all over the world have formed squads and positioned tactically in the city. With courage, they fought together until the next dawn. Many citizens lost their life this day. But not only the citizens fell victim to this terrible attack...

Despite all protection, the Shogun and the Priestess were no more.

[​IMG]

"It was horrible! The Priestess was poisoned by a toxic spider and the Shogun was crushed by an Obsidian Golem. Despite our best efforts, we could not save them in time", an Avatar reported to the surviving guards.

When Darius, one of the Elite Guards heard those words, he screamed in rage. For he was secretly in love with the Priestess... And seeing her dead body now filled him with anger and hate. "This anger shall give me the stregth to find the one responsible for this. And do with him the same he did to my Khasi", he swore to himself, and rushed away...

Only a few days later, Avatars found out the location from which the dark portal was opened. But this discovery brought no joy, but rather dispute upon them ...

"Dysborg Ruins! A place where the Oracle has no power!" ,one Avatar said.

"It was obvious that the Obsidians would choose such place!", another one shouted.

But a third Avatar had his doubts: "How can you be so sure the Obsidians are behind this?"

And a guard interfered: "I DO know, because I still feel the wounds of Nefarios blade on my body!"

"There is no way we can go to a place where the Oracle cannot protect us!"
    , several Avatars shouted now!

"But then who will protect Novia from further evil?! Something or somebody is spawning portals from this location!", others answered back angrily.

And as they were debating, some of the Avatars, those who did not show that much courage during the invasion, quitely disappeared in the shadows unnoticed...

[​IMG]

4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Arkah and Evee storm recieve intel from a squad battling in Ardoris that Dysborg Ruins may be the source of the attack. After scouting Dysborg, Arkah returns Evee to saftey before heading back to more thoroughly observe the area.

Recieving intel from both @Sol Stormlin and @kaeshiva That they are msot certain the attack came from Dysborg, Arkah returned alone to watch any movment in the area.

The Kobolds were scavenging the area for resources like normal, accompanied by one of their most elite platoons of mechanical Monkies lead by the devestating K'kong Model.

Arkah turns his attnetion to the Ebon Dawn performing their rituals among the obsidian shards. He has broken up these rituals before only to be assulted by powerful maelific liches.

If this truely is the place, then soemthing else unusual must be going on. The lack of protectionf or the oracle tends to bring out the absolute worst in many avatars, drunk on immortality.

"I'll observe, but it would be suicide to attempt to break up any rituals alone. Who knows how many are hiding in wait here like i am."

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  5. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

"Captain, awaken, tis been two days since you appeared on deck unconscious" Razulah was concerned about the nearly comatose state of his Captain. no scent of rum nor sign of battle yet the man he and his crew followed seemed lifeless.

"Men, bring me my bag of herbs, I will infuse a tea and pray to the Sea Goddess to bring him back from this slumber". Razulah prepared the concoction and moistened a small towel with it placing it on Boris' forehead. He stepped onto the main decks where the drummers were assembled and began the chants. He know how to "pull" these entities when needed in times of chaos and uncertainty.

Seven bolts of lightning appeared in the night sky a short distance from the Ardoris coast as the "Dragon" and the "Misti Sea" were anchored. The music rose to a fever pitch and a soft voice was heard from the water.

"Bring him to me, I will cure him from the poison the obsidian servant breathed on him during that meeting. It was a plan to keep him from the defense of the Shogun and the Priestess. "

Razulah stepped into the Captain's quarters and picked up Boris in his unconscious state. He brought him to the main deck, slumg him over his shoulder and lowered himself onto the longboat next to the apparition.

This apparition known to many of her followers as the "Sea Goddess" inched closer to the longboat until she was next to them. Many sailors had seen her before and called her a "Sirene". Many had laughed at her in their drunken state with some bold enough to dive overboard with the plans to capture her and bring her on board for their own wicked pleasures. the "Sea Goddess" was neither good nor evil, she was an entity left here on this realm along with other "entities" to help maintain the balance and to assist those that wanted guidance on how to complete the mission they were assigned on this an other realms upon their birth. That mission assigned to Boris was unique and she and the other so called "Gods" would battle on this Novian realm.

She gently placed her hand on his forehead putting pressure on the towel Razulah had placed. "Boris my son, awaken. It is time to bring the battle to the Obsidians and their cronies. It is time for a spiritual insurrection to free us from the Obsidians once and for all. This new continent and others to come to be out of the sea will be my proof to all Novians of my blessing",

She breathed unto him and slowly Boris' eyes opened. He looked at Razulah, his crew looking down upon him from the main deck and slowly raised himself holding his head. "Razulah, what happened". He then felt her presence and a smile formed across his lips.

The Sea Goddess faded away slowly until she disappeared and Boris looked over to Razulah. "Well what are you waiting for, hoist this damn boat back onto the ship, we have work to do. Where is Lady Catherine, I was supposed to meet her in Pax Lair but never saw her".

"Captain you were under the influence of an unknown poisonous chemical and landed with a thud on our deck. Strange use of the Primal Magic by some Obsidian wench whose advances you must have turned down" He grinned as his Captain was back.

(OOC; To all of you friends that expected me to be there for the actual event I extend a humble apology. My son surprised me with tickets to the American Football game between our "Chicago Bears" and the "Miami Dolphins".. First time I see a live football game and one of the most memorable days of my life. I hope to be there for the next event and hope to be there in time and not CST or as we Cubans say Cuban Standard Time (fashionably late). R/Boris/El Pirata

6. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

... MEANWHILE ...

Jude stood infront of the beautiful Lady Khasi and her man Siranto, tears running down his cheeks. Their faces seemed so pale ...

'Oh no! This can't be true! All those Outlanders, so-called Avatars around and not one could prevent this? What are they good for? Beside drinking all that Ale and Wine?'

He left quickly and a few minutes later he rushed inside the Peladjar Inn, shouting: 'She is dead! Both are dead! Siranto and... Khasi...'

He looked to Fiona, feeling her compassion, than he confronted both spirit speaker:
    'Not one of you can resurrect her?'

Kardan looked sad to the ground.
    Samael stood up. 'Take a seat, my friend.'
    'Take a seat? I am sitting around the whole day, healer! Tell me, why nobody could resurrect her?', Jude said whining...
    Samael shaked his head. 'Unfortunately it isn't possible, Jude.'
    'Why not? Look at those Outlanders! Have you seen them dying? Have you?'
    Samael sighed. 'Yes, I have.'
    And have you seen also, how they come back a few minutes later, like nothing ever happened?'
    Samael nodded.
    'Why can they resurrect each other again and again and our best healers can do nothin?'
    Samael took a deep breath, while his eyes filled with tears: 'You know - I even couldn' t save Muriel's life, do you?'

Jude was frozen. What did he say to this man? This brave soul, who lost his wife a few weeks before!
    Again tears were running over his face. 'Forgive me, Samael, please, I didn't want to hurt you... I forgot...'
    Samael put his hand on Jude's shoulder, smiling. 'Don't be sorry about, all of us are very sad about what happened. Believe me, if I would have the Power over death and life, I would resurrect them!'
    'Why can't it happen? And why can't one of those Avatars resurrect them? Some of them can do it!', Jude asked desperately...

'Well, Jude, the reason is that: they are coming from another World. They are not bringing their body into our realm, only their mind and soul, and somehow they receive a kind of body. It's just a vehicle for them. And that's the reason they can resurrect all the time. They feel pain and with each death their physical health mirrors the weakness of their weakened mind and soul... They also need time to be strong again. But, yes, I think, they can't die forever in our realm ...'
    'Is it that easy? They just receive a new body?', Jude sad very calm.
    'Yes, it is.', Samael confirmed, 'for an outlander ..."
    'So why in Sequanna's name and for the sake of Love can't we give them also a new body?'
    Samael shook his head. 'That's...', he started to speak.
    'Impossible?', Fiona asked, perking her brows?

'Indeed for us', Kardan Marbane said, 'but...'
    'What?!', Jude shouted, 'speak it out!'
    'I've heard from a kind of procedure, to give a body.'
    'Another one of your fairy tales, Karban?', Samael asked, looking sad.
    Kardan shook his head. 'You know and I know: I often tell you a lot of tales, well I like it, but not - really not - in this case!'
    'Go on Karban!', Jude said excited.
    'All I know is about a secret procedere, the Obsidians used to reshape bodies and also to create new bodies for people. They were very mightful, you know!'
    'Well that's not new, Kardan, how shall it help us? Their knowledge is lost and all of us know how dangerous it was, at least they failed to reshape a new Order by chaos!'

'That's all true, Samael. Listen: there is someone who could help us with this information. I heard it from him!'
    'Who is it? Tell us!', Jude asked impatiently.
    Kardan looked into the faces of Fiona, Samael, Peladjar and the wide opened eyes of Jude.
    'All of you know him! He is the Master of...'
    'His name, Kardan, no other word, no other story yet!', Fiona told with a sharp tongue.

'The Master of death magic ...'

'It's him?", Jude whispered and than the next moment shouted out, smiling: 'For sure! Who could resurrect from death, if not THE Master of death magic himself! I will visit him now!'
    'I will escort you, Jude!', Fiona said. 'Let's go - that's our task. Siranto and Khasi are our leaders! If there's anything we can do, we must try!'

So Jude and Fiona immediately left Ardoris, following the West Perennial Trail to meet Davropos, the Master of death magic ...

... to be continued ...

7. Net

Net Avatar

November 20th
    Hidden in the shadows I tracked down all three foretold locations of the Ardoris attack. I had learned that the people of Ordinis Mortis were there before me though. I was late and questioning the inhabitants left me with very few clues.

November 21st
    I followed their trail north, but I lost it in the Grunvald region when I was attacked by a group of Atavists.
    I consulted the Oracle in Brittany for clues but the Oracle did not seem to know about their current position, instead I was reminded I have not find out the truth about the Dirae Prophecy yet, so I occupied myself with getting the long lost pages instead until I learn more about the Ordinis Mortis folks who were the first to Ardoris.

November 28th
    After clearing my mind by solving new runic riddle in my hexagonal box hiding seemingly endless supply of coal I suddenly noticed that my Fyndoro's tablet is finally operational and that is when I learned that my friends @Sindariya and @Gaelis are in Ordinis Mortis. I sneaked up on the roof of nearby building and listened to their chat with @Minerva. I have learned about the upcoming guild meeting and sneaked in the guild hall in the crowd to learn more about what is going on. Minerva have seen me, but she did not mind, she knew me from before and seem to think highly about my healing skills and after the meeting was concluded, she invited me to join her on the way to Ardoris. I saw Sindariya use magic to get in the city in time, so instead of wasting my time on the long walk to the city, I have resorted to magic as well, so I could be ready...

December 1st
    The Day of attack has come. There are rumours all around the city about the monsters attacking. Underdwellers, Ice elementals, Brown spiders, Grey wolves and more.. Darcy of PaxLair lies unmoving. I gave him one of my healing potions and applied some bandages to his wounds. With the help of Gaelis I move his body to the nearby row house where he can safely recover. Then I remember about the leader of the city being the most likely target of the attack. Since I am closer to the Palace of Wind I immediately set off there. There are Redthorn flowers in the garden. And there is dead spider, wounded guards and the fallen priestess lying unconscious in the palace. I administer my strongest antivenom potion to her, but it may be too late. My healing magic works much better on outlanders and is not very efficient for the inhabitants of the Novia. Nevertheless, I hope the potion eventually helps so I ask Gaelis to help me guard the unconscious priestess and soon we are joined by more Avatars. I think more about the attacking creatures and I am reminded of the Dysborg Ruins, where I just recently found one page of the long lost prophecy. Is it possible that it is the place from which the attack originated? Many letters are still missing, but as the day moves on there are more creatures attacking, stronger ones. Red spiders, Ghosts, Dark Unicorns, Nefario.

December 2nd
    Most avatars are exhausted, the last wave of attacks was too strong. I hear cries for help. Healer is needed in the middle of the city, so I leave Gaelis and priestess with several other avatars and head to help Sindariya, Minerva and others when the Yellow Dragon arrives. The fight is tough and reckless, yet eventually the sheer number of avatars defending the city is the deciding factor and the beast falls to its death. The attack took a high price, but all is not lost. And it is now clear where it came from.

December 20th
    After travelling across all of Novia I have seen the prophecy finally. And I got my own Shroud of the Avatar. I am still not sure how the prophecy could have been so accurate. And the future is disturbing. Yet I cannot leave for another continent yet, not now when Novia is under mysterious attack. I need to make some preparations as the Dysborg is not under Oracle protection and I am not willing to take unnecessary risks.

January 17th
    I have arrived to Dysborg ruins to scout the area. Knowing the place where the future fight might take place will be a huge advantage. Yet I am not strong enough to take on the terrible Daemon decimating the Kobold population there. Is he part of the mysterious army that attacked Ardoris? What other monsters are there to come?

[​IMG]

I think the Daemon saw through my camouflage. He is coming for me, so I need to tactically withdraw myself and find a safe location...
    [​IMG]

Finally, at night I have found a place which gives me perfect overview of the whole area without being at risk myself. I will wait here for the upcoming battle. I should be save here, that is unless there is another dragon...
    [​IMG]

- an excerpt from Net's diary

8. Paladin Michael

... MEANWHILE ...

After defeating a few Skeleton Mages and Elder Timber Wolves, Fiona FitzOwen, the bard, and Jude, the beggar, found Davropos, the Master of death magic at his wellknown place infront of his tent.
    'Jude, Fiona! What a nice surprise! What is leading you to me, someone so close to death?'

Jude started straightforwardly: 'Davropos, no time for laughing about your humor, I think, I am closer to death as you. However, listen: Lord Siranto and Lady Khasi have been murdered by an assault of negative creatures. Even Obsidian Cabalist Nefario appeared! So it is clear who is responsible! We are here asking for your help!'

Davropos nodded. 'This was told by the death creatures to me. That's very sad for the lands. But how could I help you? The creatures are defeated ...'
    'We need to resurrect Lord Siranto and Lady Khasi! How shall the Virtue of Love succeed, if their keeper are dead? This cowardly assault was an attack against the Virtue of Love!'

Davropos sat down at his fireplace and invited them to sit down, too.
    'As you know, a resurrection isn't possible. What we can do as a necromancer, is to awake bodies - but not their soul! A part of the necromancers energy floods the body and steers their behavior. Undead creatures are always a part of an energy spent by the Master of this creature. So, unfortunately, you can't get their dead body back to life, if the soul and mind is gone ...'

Jude replied: 'Yes, but Kardan Marbane told us, there is a secret procedure to build a body!"
    Davropos laughed and waved aside. 'Kardan?! Ah, you know, he tells a lot of fairy tales! Don't listen to his childish stories ...'

Fiona started to play a nice melody on her Lute. A song about the softly whisper of lovely truth!

Jude smiled and added: 'Kardan told, he heard it from YOU. So don't tell us, you don't know about it!"
    Davropos cleared his throat.
    'Okay. I won't deny, what he heard while we sat together with a bottle of Elven Wine! But listen, and listen careful! That, what you're talking about is extreme dangerous!"

Jude looked very deep in the eyes of Davropos, while telling him: 'A man who is living at such a place seems not to fear anything ...'

Davropos made a face as he would eat a lemon.
    'Not even that I knew where to find the description of how it works! But what I heard about: not only a Master of death magic is needed! How will I force death material to come back to life with no knowledge of life magic?'

'So we need Parker, too!', Jude said, while Fiona sung softly: 'She is so lovely lively, to get her help shouldn't mean trouble!'

'But, look, this is a kind of tale. Nobody really knows, if it works - even if the parchment which is containing the procedure is still - alive ...', Davropos said, getting up on his feeds.
    'NO guaranty at all! It's'

'Impossible?', Fiona sung with a very high voice... and smiled.

Jude asked a last question: 'If Parker's willing to help, too AND we can find that parchment, if it exists, would you help us?'
    Davropos closed his eyes and after a few seconds, he opened them and smiled, telling: 'THIS would be the last experience I wanted to make in my death mastery life. It would be a pleasure!'
    He bowed before Jude and Fiona. 'This tale, if it comes true, would be one of the greatest adventures, ever made after the fall!'

'So it'll be!', Jude said, turning to Fiona, 'let's hurry back to Ardoris talking to Parker!'

... to be continued ...

9. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris headed towards the top deck and asked for a longboat in order to visit Lady Catherine at the "Misty Sea". As he lowered himself onto the longboat something caught his eye. It was a bottle floating against his ship. He noticed a message within it yet it was written in runic and the parchment was wet making it difficult to read. He was able to decipher a few words and this message spoke of a woman trapped in the Fall by cultists. She was asking for help and to be freed on February 20. The name Zaleena was scribbled on the parchment.

His first impulse was to prepare for this mission yet his inner voice told him it was a trap set by the Obsidians. Maybe it was the same Obsidian Princess who tried to lure him back in the Ardoris Inn seeking retribution. He took the bottle with the message over to the Misti Sea and looked for Catherine. The fires that engulfed Ardoris were still present and the need of the many far outweighed the needs of one. As he met Catherine they clasped hands and glad both of them and their ships were safe.

"Lady Catherine; I have a strange message found inside a bottle next to my ship. I believe its a trap but want you to see it anyway. For now I think we need to open up the plans to this city and prepare for supplies, fortifications, and medical assistance for the wounded. I believe Ardoris will be attacked again. The death of Khasi and Siranto have left the town without leadership and a takeover could be imminent by the Obsidian cronies. Boris set the bottle down next to Catherine and opened up the plans to the City of Love preparing contingency plans. He sent a message to Serenite on a black seagull hoping reinforcements would be sent soon.

Royou, Sindariya, Jaesun and 4 others like this.
  10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

"How are those bruised ribs healing, Anzha?" Shimizu asks, with genuine concern, as she brings the serving girl a bowl of soup, in a literal and symbolic role reversal.

"I'm doing just fine mistress. Did it work?"

"There were a few...complications....." Shimizu begins to explain events that have unfolded.

----------------------------
    (to Anzha)

It began when we found the locations in Ardoris shown in the mage's crystal ...shortly thereafter, the three of us, Scoffer, Griffler, and myself, received strange letters from a source known as "Maeva." This much you already know, as you brought me the letter. Maeva offered the three of us gold coins in exchange for staying out of the city during the invasion. We seized upon this opportunity to learn more about what they had planned, so met with Maeva as agreed. But, it had to be convincing. Our ruse, with you running in to the tavern and me striking you "dead", worked brilliantly - my brazen and apparent "murder" earned our trust in Maeva's eyes exactly as we thought it would. Catherine and Boris played their roles perfectly as well, though they were not aware at the time that this was all an elaborate subterfuge, their honest reactions worked perfectly in the grand scheme of things. Oh, remind me to send that fruit basket to Catherine as an apology for the stone-fist in the face, I really was feeling guilty about that.

For our plan to work, Maeva had to absolutely trust that we were on her side. But she proved stubborn, and was unwilling to give us any information. We were given an assignment to try and convince folks to stay out of Ardoris during the planned attack. We made some efforts in this direction, it had to look like we were cooperating. Scoffer even picked a fight with the guild leadership which had even me convinced.

After the invasion we heard nothing for a day. Then last night, we received a letter from Maeva asking to meet in Xenos, where she was to give us the information/answers we had been promised. We met in one of the travellers tents, and were careful to stay out of sight. Maeva gave us the other half of the promised gold payment for our cooperation, and was just about to tell us who her master was, when we heard footsteps outside the tent.

[​IMG]

A man named Darius the Furious was seen outside the tent. Without a word, he charged in and felled Maeva in a single blow. He then thanked us for "finding her".

His timing was very suspect however. He arrived just as Maeva was to tell us the truth of who put her up to all of this - at a secret meeting. We questioned him about this. His answers were evasive and unconvincing. He claimed to be one of the Ardoris guards who acted out of love for Khasi, but something about his story felt wrong. When we pushed the issue, he vanished into thin air, after saying we asked too many questions.

After he disappeared, a demon appeared in his place, for a few seconds, then it shimmered and vanished. We followed his trail to the exit of Xenos.

There was a letter on Maeva's body. Here, Anzha, read it yourself....

[​IMG]

Royou, Sindariya, Jaesun and 8 others like this.
  11. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

We went to Ardoris to ask around the guard barracks if anyone had heard of this Darius. We explained what we had seen, with the demon. Riya was in town and advised that a demon had been spotted in Dysborg ruins earlier that day. Scoffer, Griffler and myself went to Dysborg and, while we did find a strange ebon cult ritual and a malefic lich lord, we saw no sign of Darius or the previously sighted demon.

I fear the answers may lie in The Fall, which Maeva's letter indicates is where her masters threw her sister because she "knew too much."
    There was also a prisoner's mask among Maeva's things.
    It seems Maeva too, was just a pawn in a larger game, but any knowledge she had of the greater plot died with her with the swing of Darius' sword.

The letter Maeva received was written by someone named "Aeddon".
    A new shifty character enters the stage....

Shimizu ends the tale there and, after checking to make sure that Anzha is comfortable, returns to her pavilion.
    Now for the next task, apologizing to the order of chivalry and friends for the necessary subterfuge....
    This is going to take a very large fruit basket.

Royou, Sindariya, Jaesun and 8 others like this.
  12. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

"Zatar! bring me my papers and a quill, I have messages that need sending at once"
    "Of course my Lord, happy to serve" replied Zatar as he brought the writing implements over to Scoffer writing desk. It always amazed him how people could understand these silly looking squiggles and lines that were scratched across the parchment but such things were beyond him.
    It took a several minutes and Zatar's mind began to wonder a little but eventually Scoffer threw the quill down and handed over 2 scrolls.
    "Do not mess it up this time. This one is for Minerva, this one is for Shim" he said tapping each scroll separately. "I can't believe I have to apologise to that woman..." he mutters to himself
    Zatar glanced at both scrolls and wondered which woman he was referring to. Of course it was not his place to question such things He was just the errand boy as always and he had other duties to attend after these messages were delivered.

"I could have had it all Zat. They wouldn't have suspected a thing"

"Of course you could my Lord. There is still time and there is still that plan B you mentioned......now if there is nothing else I shall go attend my duties.

Scoffer waved him away absentmindedly. He needed to think and the best place to do that was the mines. Grabbing his pick axe and a few days rations he left Rinzai behind. Maybe hitting a few rocks would clear his head and help him finalise his plans, time was running out.....

Royou, Jaesun, Gaelis and 8 others like this.
  13. Paladin Michael

... MEANWHILE ...

Back in Ardoris, Jude and Fiona entered the House of the Ardoris Master Trainer, right beside the Guilld Registrar.
    On the 2nd floor, Parker welcomed them friendly.
    'How may I serve you?'
    Fiona started: 'As you know, our leaders and representatives of the Virtue of Love are dead ...'
    Parker nodded. 'That's a hard truth we have to deal with ...'
    'We don't. We just spoke to Davropos. And he told us, there would be a parchment, telling how to resurrect or making a body for a death person. He also told us, beside a master of death magic"
    Parker nodded and said: 'a Master of life magic is needed - I know this tale!'
    'So do you know, where to find the parchment?', Jude asked quickly.
    Parker shook her head. 'Unfortunately, not.'

'So is there anything you know about?', Jude tried to get another piece of information.
    Parker looked out of the window. It was a beautiful view on a beautiful day. The shafts of sunlight warming her skin ...
    'Yes, there is one thing I heard about.'
    'So tell us, please.', Fiona said.

'If a Master of death magic and a Master of live magic are confronting their energy, one tries to pull something back, another pushs something to stay, how shouldn't it end in a chaotic mess? So I assume, ...'
    'I got it!", Jude shouted. 'Only a Master of chaos magic can beat chaos into order!'
    'That's a good theory!', Parker responded.
    'That's our only theory we can work with ...', Fiona said
    'Parker, are you willing to help us, if we could find the parchment?'
    Parker nodded. 'There is no question about that! To resurrect the keeper of Love is the greatest wish of my heart ...'
    "We hope to see you soon!", they bid farewell ...

Leaving and crossing the Sequanna Square, they chatted.
    'Jude, let's have a drink and something to eat, before we take a horse to Etceter!"
    'As you know: horses are not allowed to ride, until the law is changed again! It was promised to never eat them and never ride them, until ...'
    Opening the door to Peladjar's Inn Fiona told Jude over her shoulder: 'Jude, I know this story and I know the law! You're sounding like Kardan!'
    'Oh my gosh! Don't tell me, we all are like Kardan.'
    'I heard that!', Kardan said. 'AND I take this as a chorus of praise!'
    Fiona laughed. 'Well, Kardan. I think it was exactly that.'

They took place at the table in the corner and explained to Kardan and Samael what happened.
    'I couldn't believe something is true about!', Samael said.
    'As I always told and having deep knowledge of the mysteries of this land, you know,'
    Fiona interrupted him. 'Kardan, not yet, please, darling. We have to eat and drink and meanwhile we would be pleased not to hear further tales. We have to concentrate on what we know and what to do next!"
    'I see ...' Kardan replied, having a good slug of his beloved wine ...
    Peladjar came by and put a fine Ardoris coleslaw with fresh bread, apple pie and water on their table.
    Samael smiled, twinkled to Fiona and said: 'Kardan, would you please tell our friends about the rumors?"
    Kardan started immediately :'Oh, for sure, I will. You have to know two interesting things! First: Outlanders are asking about Guard Darius.
    He seems to be vanished. And a few others were asking about someone named Maeva. Mysterious things happen around. Keep care, when leaving to Etceter! This are dangerous times ..."

... to be continued ...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    Royou, Sindariya, Jaesun and 3 others like this.
  14. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

Sorry it took so long to finish my part, but if you read it now you have the whole story.

Now I have time to talk @Applerust

15. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris and Catherine had agreed on the resupply ships for Ardoris and the plans were laid down with every detail, this had become a military rescue and rebuilding effort. He bid his leave and went back to his longboat enroute to the "Dragon". As he walked onto the main deck a guard saluted and handed him a letter from Shimizu.

He read it slowly, set it down and paced back and forth deep in thought. Though her story of subterfuge made sense there had been a vibe in the air when Scoffer, Griffler and himself looked at each other. The more he thought about it and how Catherine had been wounded while in their company began to knaw at his very soul and as he paced towards the main deck he slammed the letter against the table and broke both in one motion. "They want war, the will have war".

He stepped to the prow of the ship where he had an elegant throne and looked at the sea then summoned for Razulah.

Lieutenant Razulah stepped to where Boris was with a look of concern. "Captain, what ails ye, I have never seen that look on your face".

"Razulah; I am going on a journey very soon and need to leave my affairs in order. You will be "Captain" of the "Dragon" in my absence. If I do not return and you find my corpse then prepare it and send it across the Vortex. The way I came in will be the way I go out my friend. You must answer your own calling. If the message we sent to Serenite is returned let them know we only need resupply ships. nobody must know where I am heading alone."

Razulah could not contain himself and lost his composure. "Brother; I cannot let you go alone to the Fall. You have never been there nor know what awaits you in that retched place."

"Razulah, if the gods smile on us I will find this Zeleena and hopefully she has information that will be very valuable, if not well then it was a trap from the ones I suspect and you will have but one order, Set Rinzai on fire".

The tall dark man went pale at those words. He had never seen Boris on a path of vengeance before nor appear so calm about the entire event that was inevitable. It was as if this man knew he was going to his death and did not give a rat's ass about it. He went downstairs quickly to their cauldrons of Primal Magic and implored the entities in there to sidetrack Boris somehow but felt the same vibe from the cauldrons. He did hear the voice from beyond. "He walks between light and dark and this is what he trained for his entire life. Something will kill him in there so make the preparations he asked and let destiny take its course".

The sun rose and Boris stood there from the night before unmoving and deep in thought. He donned his chainmail and sharpened both longswords. He grinned as he applied the devastating poison to each one. He listened to the words the sirens said in song. "Open your heart, let reason go, let your feelings and knowledge guide you son of the Sea".

Boris lowered himself onto the longboat heading towards shore. He knew a scout there who would guide him to the appointed place at the appointed time.

16. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Arkah parted a section of canopy blocking his view of below. A vine writhed slowly feeling for prey beneath him. Silently, he dropped down and severed its root before it had a chance to detect him. Peeking out from behind the large plant cautiously, he scraped some pollen off the flower and placed the purple substance into his bag.

"Ooo" he quietly gasped quickly catching himself and regaining silence. A humanoid form appeared near the shore only a hundred meters or so away. Arkah inched closer to find it was a man! A human man! and he was fast asleep?!

"....psst...Sean! Wake up! This Isn't a good place for a nap!" he wispered nervously into @Sean Silverfoot ear. He sleeplessly swatted Arkah away as arkah siged. Arkah made one more quick patrol of the area for saftey's sake then proceeded to drag Sean away from the area to protect him. "You're lucky it was ME" he said, leaving sean in a peacful field before returning to his patrol. "Ooo" he exclaomed as he grasped a beetle and shoved it into a jar in his backpack. " @Crazy Teeka will like this"

-------

"urg!"
    Arkah grunted as he slung a heavy backpack over his shoulder. Staying low behind a crumbling wall he peeks his head out to observe a nearby kobold examining something scavenged from the rubble. Uncomfortably adjsuting the strap on his backpack, he looked longingly as the kobold dropped whatever it was looking at and began to engage a nearby Redthorn Flower, only to quickly meet its end. Staying low, Arkah crawled to the pile of rubble the kobold had been rummaging through and found a slightly worn ancient crossbow! "No sense leaving thigns lying around!" He thought to himself and he crammed it into his bulging backpack.

"Cant continue to watch this area if i cant move, no way I'm abandoning this stuff either" he thought as he began to make his way out of the city and back down the long road to Ordinis Mortis. "I could use the rest anyways"

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  17. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Looks like Ebon Dawn Mage needs to learn the proper use of "too instead of to"... but otherwise, an interesting read.

18. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

[​IMG]

With the death of the two leaders, Ardoris suffered a heavy blow and its citizens were weakened and discouraged. However, Jude and his companions were unwilling to accept this fate. And so they went on a journey to revert the irreversable. To do the undoable. Is there really a way to resurrect the fallen leaders? Will they succeed?

For them, just like for many other Avatars, this incident was only the beginning of a long adventure. But not all of them were heroes, fighting on the side of the virtues. There were also those who seemed to have enjoyed this chaos and the suffering. They too set off, but most likely with different intentions in mind.

Scoffer, Shimizu and Griffler, from the Chivalry Order who seemingly abandoned the path of virtue, met with Maeva to claim the reward for following her orders... Or was their loyalty towards Maeva just a farce to gain information about the true enemy? We might never know, for the moment Maeva took breath to speak out her knowledge, Darius the furious guard appeared. He seemed to identify Maeva as the person responsible for the Priestess death and salyed her with a powerfull strike. The 3 Avatars, shoked by the surprising attack confronted Darius immediately. But he suddenly vanished, leaving behind no more than a mysterious after-image of a Demon, which too vanished after a few moments.
    The 3 companions looted a rusty prisoner's mask from Maeva's dead body... How strange. But there was even more... a letter, written by an unknown man called "Aeddon". It seems he ordered her to proceed the way she did and if she failed to comply, she would be bannished somewhere in Blood Bay, like her sister. But judge for yourself...

Meanwhile, Net, the recently ascended Avatar traveled to Dysborg. Covered by the shadows, he sneaked through the remainings of the city and saw a Demon slaughtering Kobolds.
    Truly, strange things are happening between the old walls of those ruins. Might this Demon have something to do with the Demon that was briefly seen right after Darius disappeared?

Also, the Avatar Arkah traveled to the ruins of Dysborg to search for the source of the dark portals, and discovered Ebon ritualists performing their dark practices. Does the Ebon Cult have something to do with this? What else may he discover?

Boris, the Pirate and Lady Catherine have recovered from the poison that was clouding their mind. A short time after his awakening, Boris found a bottle floating against his ship. It was a call for help from an unknown "Zaleena", supposedly trapped in the depths of a Dungeon in Blood Bay. Eventually, the pirate has decided to turn over the command of his ship to his loyal Lieutenant Razulah and set off to find this Zaleena, hoping to return with new valuable information, but also, knowing that he might be heading to nothing more but his doom.

All of them - and many other heroes (and villains) were on their way. All of them pursued a dangerous mission and none of them knew, where this mission would end. How will this story continue? We shall see soon...

[​IMG]

19. Net

Net Avatar

February 14th
    I have returned to Dysborg ruins for a more thorough search of the area. Not sure if Novians have something akin to outlander Valentine day, but what a better way to spend a day of love than looking for clues about who is behind Ardoris attack. The city of love nearly destroyed, many of its inhabitants seriously wounded or dead.
    Also I have heard rumours of the Daemon disappearing and huge K'kong supporting Kobolds. Is it possible that Kobolds build a mechanical monster to push the Daemon away? And if so when it went? On my search of the area I saw an avatar I did not recognize who slayed monsters left and right, but no signs of Daemon nor K'kong. She did look dangerous so I kept my distance. Later Sean appeared and the avatar did not attack him, rather offered him help with his quest of locating the Dysborg vaults. The encounter was friendly so I did not interfere, and rather observed Kobolds fighting the flora and fauna living only outside of Oracle's protection.

[​IMG]

The Kobold archer died of poison infection, unfortunately I was unable to help him, because unlike many other Kobolds I encounter before, this one was hostile and have preferred to die than to accept help of a human and outlander. The Red thorn flower was killed by Kobold mechanical monkey who is resistant to its poisonous attacks. And then I spotted him. Or it. The rumours were true. The daemon was not present but Kobolds were accompanied by huge mechanical monkey, the mighty K'kong, stronger than Daemon and thanks to its mechanical brain totally impervious to confusion attack that is the doom of many avatars. It is not a thinker, but it is strong and reliable and unstoppable when its programming kicks in. I have decided that staying hidden is the best course of action...

[​IMG]

Are the Kobolds our enemy? Or were they attacked by the same enemy that nearly caused the fall of Ardoris? Were Dysborg ruins used by the mysterious attacker or attackers to cover their traces as they were hoping avatars will not venture there to look for clues, not wanting to lose the protection of the Oracle? Maybe they were hiding their actions from Oracle, but I saw several little watchers monitoring parts of the scene, what if they saw something? Though that seemed unlikely the attackers probably disabled all watchers in the area well before commencing their attack. I have decided to wait until I know more...

- an excerpt from Net's diary

20. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Snow, take this message quickly to Boris.

Boris, Razulah told me that you are on your way to The Fall. Disturbing news came to me by way of a letter today from Shimizu. She said she wanted to apologize for the behavior in Paxlair but had to make Maeva convinced of the side they were on. She said she was sorry that she hit me so hard and has now sent a basket of fruit as way of sealing her apology. Shim is requesting that I believe her intentions are good and that I join forces with she and the others to take on and overcome the evil that threatens us. I have not replied to her as of yet for my suspicions of wrong intentions are quite high still.

Boris, I am very worried about all of these happenings and of the deaths of so many in Ardoris. My heart will not feel rest for there seems to be deception. I fear the fruit basket and words of apology may be a trap.

I am still not well from the pain Shimizu caused. Although my mind is clear of the effects of the black magic we endured. I was not able to find strength to go from my bed these past few days. Please, my friend, I entreat you to wait at the entrance of The Fall until the sun begins to disappear behind the land so that I and my swordsmen can accompany you into this treacherous place especially since I remember something Scoffers said when I was in Paxlair with them.

Right after you left he said "We should kill Boris".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.