RPOTA.COM -- Role-Players of the Avatar

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Elgarion, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Another contest month is upon us, and with the coming of Augus brings the second run of the new contest format!
    Head on over to RPOTA.COM to participate!

[​IMG]

Winners from the Augus Creation Contest will be announced shortly!

2. Elgarion

Augus Creation Contest Winners... congratulations and thank you to the following writers! This was a very special month for me because I got to read a new storyline chapters added to previous winners and an entire 5 chapter storyline that I had somehow missed!
    • 1st Place Prize ($50 Add-on Credit) is awarded to Erik O'Connor (@enderandrew ) his amazing story, "The Diary of Bob the Wizard!"
      • This most most assuredly fits the theme for Augus of Betrayal of another. The Bob the Wizard betrayed his guest, stealing from him... then again through trickery of an illusion, never intending to make peace or barter, always intending to rid himself of his pursuers! I'm not sure how, but I never read this one! It was a great treat to be surprised by something "new" from Erik O'Connor / EnderAndrew! I hope we get to hear more tales of Bob the Wizard in the future!
    • 2nd Place Prize ($25 Add-on Credit) is awarded to @Ulf Berht for the latest chapter of the storyline, "Virtues's Forge!"
      • Though the motives are not yet clear, I think Merlin and Ulf are starting to develop a kinship of sorts -- more might be revealed that proves to me otherwise, but for now -- it most certainly appears this storyline fits one of the Augus' Themes of 'Commitment Towards Another'. I certainly enjoyed the new chapters in the storyline, and I believe this might be the first storyline which has garnered two prizes! I don't even have a mechanic built yet to track such a thing! (I got work to do!) Congrats Ulf! And thank you so much for your continued story sharing!
    • 3rd Place Prize ($10 Add-on Credit) is awarded to @Cianna for the wonderful new chapter to "They Call Her Lady Warrior!"
      • I highly recommend this story; in regards to the banter and companionship between Cianna and Nick, there is an obvious commitment to each other... AND there was a sort of betrayal (though Nick claims it was merely to protect her). Funny how this latest chapter plays into BOTH themes for the Augus Creation contest, 'Commitment Towards or Betrayal of Another...' Just wonderful! This most assuredly matches the monthly theme most closely, therefor wins the Grand Prize for the month! Loving your work - keep it up!
    • Grand Prize (Art Commission from Tortoise & Hare Creations, $70 Value) is awarded to @Cianna for the wonderful new chapter to "They Call Her Lady Warrior!" which fit BOTH monthly creation themes for Augus exceptionally well!
    Good luck to the contributors for the month of Septembre!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  3. Cianna

Cianna Avatar

Oh, bravo @enderandrew and @Ulf Berht! I am honored to be among such esteemed company. Your stories are wonderful! And thank @Elgarion, once again, for this honor. I'm so delighted that Cianna's story is being enjoyed.

4. Ulf Berht

Ulf Berht Avatar

Thanks again for all the work put in by Elgarion, I hope the Developers are taking heed of his commitment. Cianna congrats to you. It is great fun to see the commissioned art develop as T&H Creations evolve into the final piece.

5. Elgarion

Thanks Ulf! And thanks for using RPOTA ;)

Cianna -- thank you -- my pleasure and this is truly my passion. You work out your art prize with Indi yet? Can't wait to see it!

Update:

I'll get the Septembre contest processed and new ad posted by the end of Sunday, 9 October! Expect some dark and mysterious Halloween themes coming our way!!! (Of note, if anyone submits some Halloween / Horror Role-Playing Themes, I'll very likely make those the contest themes for October! Great way to stack the contest in your favor by creating the actual bonus credit items! :p

http://www.rpota.com/#role-playingthemes
    http://www.rpota.com/#addedittheme

Time Lord likes this.
  6. moko

moko Avatar

Since I do not know where to post it... I tried to edit a chapter I just added but it prompts me to input a NBBN and won't take my edit until I do so - am I using it wrong or is it borked? :D

Acred, Time Lord and Elgarion like this.
  7. Elgarion

Hmmmmm. I was working in the NBBN integration this weekend but I thought I made those optional fields. I'll look it over tonight when I get home--thanks for the heads up and welcome to RPOTA!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    Acred and Time Lord like this.
  8. Elgarion

Hello again @moko -- I think its all fixed. I just needed to add a conditional to consider blank entries! A side effect of me adding validation requirements IF someone chose to add a NBBN ;)

This error was in 7 other modules, so thanks for the heads up! Now, to add them to the Add forms for new content. And this time I'll do it properly! Hahah.

Love your contributions to the site, by the way moko -- reading through them now!

Acred, Time Lord and moko like this.
  9. Elgarion

Another contest month is upon us, comes another RPOTA Creation Contest!

[​IMG]

Winners from the Septembre Creation Contest will be announced shortly!

And here are the Featured Writing / RP Themes for this Month!
    (Using these themes garners extra credit for the contest!!!)

Featured Short Adventure:
    The Satyr, to Fray or Not to Fray?
    Obsidian Empire Theme by Elgarion De'Kahli
    The evening in the tavern has grown long and stale. Even the barkeep seems no longer interested in coin, and hopes the festivities will soon come to a close. All seem tired from a night of revelry, and the barmaids work diligently to clean before retiring. Only the most dedicated of rebel rousers remain, but even they slur and stagger in their attempts to rekindle the night's former humor and excitement.

With a deep sigh of annoyance, the barkeep turns his head towards the door whilst drying a somewhat clean mug with a filthy rag. Someone has opened it, allowing a chilled night wind to flutter into the tavern, several candles extinguish, and the fire flickers low. A shadowed figure steps inside, unrecognizable at first which initially prompts the proprietor to extend a formulaic greeting, "Welcome to the Inn of..." but the barkeep quickly chokes on his words as the entity comes into full view.

"I seek lodging." The Satyr bellows in a guttural and deep tenor. "Do you accept my kind here, humans?" The goat man's speech was as surprising as his visage. Educated, eloquent even. Several of the patrons draw their weapons. Another, very drunk and likely not understanding what he sees, begins to laugh hysterically until his companion elbows him in the kidney, stirring him to awkward action as well. The innkeeper simply stares, mouth agape, mug in mid clean and slightly shaking with unsure hands. The Satyr speaks with chilling enunciations, "Ahhh. I see that is not the case. I shall depart then. Please forgive me the disturbance."

Your party is not unlike any other in the tavern. Tired from a night of celebration, some of you already feel the ebbing pain and regret which will be tenfold in the morn. With blurred vision, slow minds and unsure bellies, you all deeply ponder the possibilities. Do you try to stop the Satyr from departing, offer apologies on behalf of the other patrons, and provide him your room for the evening? Do you invite him to drink and recant stories of old? Or do you also grab your weapons in hopes to rid this world of yet another abomination from the Obsidian Era? So many choices flitter through your drunken mind, oh wobbly one -- what choice will you make? Will the Oracle be pleased? For surely, her Watchers are watching!

Featured Lengthy Adventure:
    The Artifacts of Avatars
    Avatar Theme by Elgarion De'Kahli
    So many years have come and gone since the great Fall which wiped away thousands of years of history from New Britannia. Remnants remain. Ruins. Within those ruins, even to this day, those most industrious have engaged in painstaking excavations of the once great temples, castles, and cities of yesteryear. And sometimes, one such excavation reaps something wondrous--an artifact of power, once belonging to an Avatar of old.

During your recent travels, and in the light of the moon, you and your party have stumbled across such a work site. Deep within the woods, the clamor of hammer upon chisel pinches your ears, nearly causing you to wince with each strike as you grow nearer. Upon the clearing of the woods, a somewhat meager looking band of kobolds work diligently at a dig site, barely paying you any mind as you peer towards them. One, bearing spectacles upon the bridge of his rather short, draconic snout, holds plans in his hands, repeatedly studies them, then barks orders to his laboring minions, "Deeg fasterz! The alignment nearz! Hurriez!"

What do you do, oh brave one? Do you dare approach and question their progress on the dig? Certainly they've found something by now for they work so fervently in a state of excitement. Do you offer your aid? Or perhaps you wish to steal from these hard working souls. But whatever you decide, my friend. Let this be known. Something is there. You are not sure how. You are not sure why, but you can sense it! And the sensation grows as the stars drift into new patterns above you.

Featured Holiday:
    The Spirit Festival
    Holiday: Month 10 (Octobre) Theme by @Bowen Bloodgood
    The Spirit Festival varies from province to province. Citizens living near rivers commonly set floating lanterns adrift in the river to guide spirits to the ‘next life’. A variation of this practice occurs in windy towns by using paper balloon type lanterns that float into the sky. Sometimes, the lanterns might be aided in their flight by an air mage's spell.

The spirit festival honors those who have past on. Particular reverence is given to one’s ancestors. Every region has their own traditions but often families will come together to remember the recently deceased with stories and merriment. Families often erect shrines to their ancestors or visit their graves to leave offerings of food and flowers.

Other aspects of the Spirit Festival includes following a general ‘spirit’ theme but otherwise engaging light hearted fun. Magic shows, cotton candy--you name it, all with a theme of ghosts, specters, spirits and phantasms...

Amongst the more devout of citizens, common practices include attention to self-improvement and meditation. Traditional foods for this festivity have only become common in recent years, such as indulging in sweet foods like candied apples and confections which have become common at food stands during the festival.

Time Lord and moko like this.
  10. moko

moko Avatar

Works like a charm now! And thanks, I hope I'll get an entry for your competition done in time :D

Time Lord and Elgarion like this.
  11. Elgarion

Septembre Contest... congratulations! For Septembre, new additions were a little slow, but no worries, I easily found wonderful works of art from previous monthly submissions -- remember, ALL content is eligible at RPOTA.COM that was posted in time for the contest!
    • 1st Place Prize ($50 Add-on Credit) is awarded to @Womby (and @Vyrin ) -- their amusing and whimsical storyline, "The Unreliable Travel Guide, R29 Edition!"
      • If you haven't already checked out their work, please do so. Complete with images to help depict the story, how can you not help yourself to smile upon reading a chapter titled, "The Curious Town of Itchy Bottom"?!
    • 2nd Place Prize ($25 Add-on Credit) is awarded to @enderandrew for the storyline , "The Four Eras!"
      • Ender is one of the favorites at RPOTA and never fails to impress. Thank you EnderAndrew for being such a talented and prolific Shroud writer!
    • 3rd Place Prize ($10 Add-on Credit) is awarded to @royalsexy for a fantastic Journal Entry titled, "The Bravery of Bearbane!"
      • If its action you want? Is it adventure? Then this is the tale for you! This short journal entry is a fantastic example lore any mythos being infused into the game through the community. RP'ing knowledge of the fable of Bearbane could easily take an evening of role-playing while gathered around the hearth.
    • Grand Prize (Art Commission from Tortoise & Hare Creations, $70 Value) is awarded to... me! Hahaha. Alas, with the new format for the Grand Prize using 3 specific RPOTA story/RP themes, there were no entries that matched these specific themes. SO, I'll still be making certain that Indi Martin receives a monthly art commission from RPOTA, but it'll instead be used to enhance the website (perhaps a new logo?) instead of being awarded to a writer. So be sure to keep an eye on what the themes are each month and create something that fits ;)
    Thanks so much for all the interest in RPOTA folks! Be sure to check it out -- once Octobre hit, tons of new entries have rolled in from talented writers such as @Olthadir , @Cassyr Dubois and Lilian Federkiel! Their entries will be hot during Octobre's contest :)

12. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

As long as I haven't been getting in much time to game I might as well further my development out of game. When are the entries due? I'll do my best to get a few submissions in (thankfully work is slow, so I can hopefully knock out a few entries).

13. Elgarion

The end of day, last day of each month ;) Even if you don't win this month -- your material is eligible for future months (currently) as well. Also, don't forget about the three featured Themes on the Themes page -- that makes those entries also eligible for the Grand Prize award (an art commission from Indi Martin of Tortoise & Hare Creations.)

Good Luck, Avatar!

14. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Thanks for the super quick response. I'll register and start writing. 8^)

Time Lord, Olthadir and Elgarion like this.
  15. Olthadir

Olthadir Avatar

I didn't know that all entries are eligible for future months (currently)!
    I'm super glad I added my entire corpus last night!

Now, I'm even more inspired to write even more!

Also, @Moiseyev Trueden, I'd say about 85% of my time with this game is writing and only 15% is playing (also known as researching for books). It's hard to play with a full-time job and two kids (pre-school and toddler) so I just day-dream all day and when the kids are asleep, write. I feel you, bro.

16. Elgarion

You bet! This way, if people dump their libraries in all at once, you're not penalized contest-wise, AND if you ever go back and edit and improve content, the chances that submission wins will increase ;) I think eventually I may need to rethink this concept, but I don't see it ending any time soon.

17. Elgarion

[​IMG]

Winners from the Octobre Creation Contest will be announced shortly!

(Using these themes makes your entries eligible for the Grand Prize!!!)

The Wondrous Sightings of Lord British
    Character: Portalarium Theme by Elgarion De'Kahli
    Heralding a new dawn upon New Britannia, the virtuous Lord British has stepped through the Rift once again and become known to the world. Countless Avatars have encountered our lord and benefactor, yet so few have accounted for these meetings in story, song or play. Take to quill and ink, my friends, and share with all your wondrous (or perhaps fearful) experiences within the presence of his greatness. Surely there be tales to tell of epic proportion, or perhaps they just be tall tales, rumor or speculation? Even a jester's comical recollections or a playwright's manuscript would be suitable to our audience's ears. Or by chance there is a song in your heart which could best display your affections for this memory?

The Path of the Alchemist
    Crafting: Alchemy Theme by Elgarion De'Kahli
    An alchemist's life is one of intense study, relentless material acquisition and endless experimentation. Deep within caverns, castles, basements or catacombs, usually hidden well from view oft for the safety of others should various mixings go awry, laboratories oftentimes go unnoticed by the passerby. The trade of the apothecary is not glamorous. There is no fame to be had except for those most flamboyant in their practice. There is no fortune to be had but for a very select few--those most talented in their craft. But what should one do to succeed? So many claim to know the ways of chemicals and minerals. Surely there is a way one could set themselves apart from the flock.

Could advertising be required to ensure your mixes go more noticed than those of your peers? Perhaps sabotaging the work of another could elevate your status within this competitive field? Or does your product speak for itself and need merely a single beneficiary, for surely word would then spread of their miraculous recovery? Maybe the sale of your wares is of little concern, and you merely cherish the discovery of a new formula? And surely there are those with discoveries to steal, if ye be so bold and lacking of virtue. What path shall you choose, oh clever concoctor of concoctions? Do you choose truth or deceit? Courage or Cowardice? Sacrifice or Shame? The Watchers are watching.

Featured Holiday:

Harvest Festival
    Holiday: Month 11 (Novembre) Theme by Erik O'Connor ( @enderandrew )
    The long work of Octobre's harvest behind them, Novembre is spent milling flour, fermenting wine, brewing beer and preparing for a great feast in Novembre. You'll find cornucopias on display to show off the harvest. Families gather for a traditional turkey dinner. If turkey is not available then duck, chicken or roast pork may be substituted. But the feast always features a variety of hearty dishes and fresh autumn vegetables.

It is said that everyone chips in and works extra hard during the harvest. These large meals shared with family and friends carry on the community focus that made the harvest possible. In some circles it is customary to express gratitude for the contributions made by your fellow community members you are sharing a meal with.

But for many the true highlight of the Harvest Festival is a brewing competition where the year's best beer is selected (both locally and across all of Novia). The winner takes home a golden stein trophy, which is passed onto the new winner each year. The stein is said to bring good luck (and bragging rights) and thirsty citizens have been known to travel to visit whatever tavern serves the award winning beer that year (as if they needed an excuse). Some say this tradition started with the fabled Mug of Balldrick in ages past, but who knows for sure?

Time Lord, moko, Olthadir and 2 others like this.
  18. Elgarion

Octobre Contest... so the month of Octobre brought a nice batch of new entries from new members to the site, and their work was so wonderful, all 3 winners for Octobre are first-time winners! I graded the entries and awarded the prizes a week ago, and I'm very very late in making the announcement. But here it is! Please take the time to congratulate our winners -- they did a wonderful job and their talent is worthy of MUCH praise! And if you didn't win the Octobre contest, no worries -- all content at RPOTA which has not won yet is eligible to win, so keep those entries edited, refined, reworked and perfected so each month their chances to compete increased against the ever increasing array of talented creators!
    • 1st Place Prize ($50 Add-on Credit) is awarded to @Olthadir -- for this captivating adventure story, "The Darkness in the Forest!"
      • This one was a rare treat for me since it was the first time someone actually wrote an entry specifically for one of the 3 specific RPOTA story/RP themes that I had written (featured last month), "The Artifacts of Avatars" theme. I was so super impressed and excited to see it! In fact, it inspired me so much, I got Olthadir's permission to do a tie-in story one day with Elgarion. A particular concept in Olthadir's work is going to work PERFECTLY for a plot development in Elgarion's storyline, so I can't wait to dive into that ;) Olthadir even featured a cool little tie-in to @Vyrin and @Womby 's bookstore! I was like, "I've been there!" Haha. Olthadir, thank you sire! You bring great credit to our community!
    • 2nd Place Prize ($25 Add-on Credit) is awarded to @Kobold Skrek’Kex for the storyline , "The Kobold Skrek'Kex - A Tale of Misadventures"
      • So... you guys simply simply have to read this tale of misadventure. I found myself laughing out loud several times -- the adventures of Skrek'kex are not only charming, but interesting as an insight into the Kobold race. And comon! How can you not want to read a story that features a DEMON TURKEY! Comon! I hope you all enjoy it as much as I -- be sure to congratulate Skrek'Kex on his fantastic work! (And if you meets hims in gamez, Skrek'Kex likes the fishes!)
    • 3rd Place Prize ($10 Add-on Credit) is awarded to @Cassyr Dubois for a fantastic Journal Entry titled, "The Noble Duty of Man"
      • Okay -- this is NOT the first time I've extended praise to this wonderful writer (and obvious lover of the law). Any and ALL libraries players keep in the game simply MUST acquire the works of Cassyr Dubois. I feel there are many of us who will utilize these great legal essays and treatises to formulate our legal enterprises in-game, and I'm certainly one of them. Expect many more pieces of his work to top the charts at RPOTA. And I'm not sure if you folks know, but @Astor Cerberus opened a courthouse in Beran's Reach! Be sure to check it out! It is my understanding that legal minded folks such as Cassyr are taking interest in locations such as these, so you might now have a place to resolve any legal disputes troubling your Avatars!
    • Grand Prize (Art Commission from Indi Marin Art, $70 Value) is awarded to... @Olthadir for his storyline, "The Darkness in the Forest!" With the new format for the Grand Prize using 3 specific RPOTA story/RP themes, Othadir took to the task and created a storyline to match one of the themes from Octobre! Olthadir, you are the winner of the art commission from Indi Martin Art, the artist of the Shroud of the Avatar: New Beginnings comic book! So many of her art pieces have been featured at RPOTA.COM since this contest started over a year ago. I'm guessing we're up to about 15-16 pieces of her artwork already! (Do I sense a gallery might be in the works?!?)
    Thanks so much for all the interest in RPOTA folks! And coming up next month? So many other new entries to consider -- look at the RPOTA.COM Activity Feed to see that there are SO many other works yet to be praised for their hard work and talent :)

19. Elgarion

[​IMG]

Winners from the Novembre Creation Contest will be announced shortly!

(Using one of these themes makes your entries eligible for the Grand Prize!!!)

An Audience With The Oracle
    Oracle Theme by Elgarion De'Kahli

Ever since the dawn of the Age of the Oracular Enlightenment, New Britannians and Avatars alike have flocked to The Oracle's presence, in hopes of a deeper insight into their lives or the unpredictable world about them. Far into your psyche The Oracle reaches and her knowledge is vast, for her Watchers are everywhere, scanning unsuspecting passerby's during their daily activities. Some show signs of the returning Virtues; others yet cling to humanity's darker tendencies. Tell your tale, oh Avatar! Speak to us of your last encounter with The Oracle and let it be known to the world how she has helped or hindered your journies. Does she bring you revelations of Virtuous deeds or does she scorn you for your shortcomings. Or perhaps... there are other thoughts or reasons your visits to The Oracle bring entirely different outcomes? Stoke the fire, order the ale, and let your tales take us through this chilled and gloomy night.

The Grand Tourney
    Competition Theme by Elgarion De'Kahli

'Here ye! Here ye! Your lord and benefactor has an announcement to the peoples of New Britannia! A Grand Tourney is scheduled to take place in this region's capital city! Bring your best and test your skills versus other combatants for surely you desire the prize, fame and fortune that will come to the victors!' the town crier barks proudly. 'And for the onlookers, much food, ale and revelry will liven the evening -- come one, come all, for this is the event of the century!"The eloquent advertisement rings softly in your ears like a distant echo even minutes after the town crier's departure. Your mind is tickled at the possibilities abounding. Could you compete in such a tourney? Surely as an Avatar, there are abilities you posses which could sway the outcome of the event. Or perhaps you merely look forward to the festivities and desire the ale and the candied apples and the roast mutton and leg of turkey. The ladies and gentlemen, all dressed pridefully in regal gowns of all color and cloth shall be in attendance, and you could rub elbows with such royalty if you so desire. Or dare I suggest there be pockets to pick? Could there be opportunity here, oh Avatar? Something beyond what one would expect? For surely, in a crowd of this size, there are countless outcomes which could unfold before the eyes of The Watchers.

Featured Holiday:

Day of Compassion
    Holiday: Month 12 (Decembre) Theme by @Bowen Bloodgood

The Festival of Compassion is just as its name implies, a month long celebration of compassion and neighborly love. Fund raisers for charities are very common during this holiday, especially for the poor and sick. One might see charity collectors, dressed up in finery, upon many street corners, collecting coins for the poor.Also, certain merchants may have a sales on basic goods, such as food and cloths. A great time to purchase such items as gifts for the poor. It is also a wonderful time to host dinners for the poor or bring food and medicine to the sick if they cannot attend the feasts.There are also some cultures who take this time at years end, this time of compassion, to forgive offenses or even debts.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  20. Elgarion

Novembre Contest... Novembre was an exciting month for me. Not only was I awarded an ONBE which I shall truly treasure for many years to come and most certainly could not have earned it without the community's continued support during the past 2 years, but I completely fell in love with new content at RPOTA.COM. I hope each of you takes the time to peruse the site to see what's new. You might notice as you click between pages, that items load much faster. There are 3, maybe 4 pages out of the many that still haven't been integrated into this site map, but soon! And don't forget, the new Rumors Module will be coming to an RPOTA near you!
    • 1st Place Prize ($50 Add-on Credit) is awarded to @Andartianna -- for the storyline "Harvest of the Shattered Moon - Chapters 1-3!"
      • Here are some thoughts I shared with Andartianna (Dr. Zazeriz) upon awarding the prize: "Congrats, Dr! Your work is simply fantastic -- this was a complete journey from beginning to end and woven beautifully into the Harvest Festival RP Theme ( by @enderandrew ). Even though I'm only capturing the first 3 chapters for this contest, so that chapters 4-10 still are eligible for future contests, I did read through the entire story. Chapters 1-3 have garnered the First Place Prize for RPOTA's Novembre Creation Contest, a $50 add-on store credit voucher is coming your way! A grand adventure indeed! Not only did Harvest of the Shattered Moon add wonderfully to the lore of The Tower of the Shuttered Eye, the story featured a wonderful cast; perhaps they are actual guild mates from an actual guild called Organized Chaos? And I must say, using healing potions and Healing Rain to improve the brewing process for beer? Stellar! I must now convince my girl-friend that beer has healing properties!"
    • 2nd Place Prize ($25 Add-on Credit) is awarded to @Ulf Berht for the epic storyline , "Virtues' Forge - Chapter 8"
      • Okay. Here it is -- what we've all been waiting for, yet another chapter in the VIrtues' Forge saga, by Ulf Behrt! I actually was remiss to learn I had never even read Chapter 8 yet when processing this month's contest. So excited I was to realize this, I started over from Chapter 1 to ensure my mind had fully remembered the details of the story before progressing. Here's some of the things I had to say to Ulf during my review of his fine work: "Chapter 8 -- so utterly awesome (I actually felt I learned something about the lore of the game... you provide such a great depiction of the Cabalists and the Obsidians this chapter) that it also garners the 2nd Place Prize for Novembre's contest!"
    • 3rd Place Prize ($10 Add-on Credit) is awarded to @Cassyr Dubois for his wonderful legal treatise in the Journals Module, "General Ideas on Legal Theory"
      • I had MUCH to say about this work, and PLEASE -- if you haven't considered incorporating the legal thoughts and essays of Cassyr Dubois into your legal role-playing ventures, give them a long gander -- they're simply marvelous: "Cassyr! I'm very happy to notify you that this is the 3rd place winner for the RPOTA creation contest for Novembre! What a fantastic starter document for role-players of New Britannia to read to formulate initial thoughts on the law of the land. Of all your work of the law related documents/journals, this one lays the foundation. (I kinda wish I read this one first lol). Again, Cassyr, I cannot stress how important your work will be to role-players in New Britannia -- each and every journal you've added are likely to eventually garner a prize at RPOTA, and rightfully so!"
    • Grand Prize (Art Commission from Indi Marin Art, $70 Value) is awarded to... @Andartianna for the storyline, "Harvest of the Shattered Moon - Chapters 1-3!" No doubt you might have guessed that this story has also won the Grand Prize for Novembre, since it tied directly into one of the 3 featured RP themes. Congratulations Andartianna! I'll put you in touch with Indi Martin of Tortoise & Hare Creations immediately! Tortoise & Hare Creations is the creative force behind the Shroud of the Avatar: New Beginnings comic book!
    Thanks so much for all the interest in RPOTA folks! And coming up next month? So many other new entries to consider -- look at the RPOTA.COM Activity Feed to see that there are SO many other works yet to be praised for their hard work and talent :)

Time Lord, Cassyr Dubois and moko like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.