RPOTA.COM -- Role-Players of the Avatar

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Elgarion, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Alrighty folks! I got a little behind so here's THREE prizes given out all at once for very recent and VERY excellent work! PLEASE PLEASE take the time to congratulate Malice (not sure if the author wishes to be known on forums) AND @Olthadir ! And thanks again Olthadir for giving the new Journal module a whirl. I still have some polish to do on it, BUT I did finally get the interface working so it communicates with my contest module now, as of today. Huzzah!

[​IMG]
    Malice Lanart
    Awarded $10 Add-On Store Credit on March 22, 2018 5:45pm
    Not much is known about this new avatar...

[​IMG]
    The Pilgrimage of Virtue, Chapter 8
    Awarded $10 Add-On Store Credit on March 22, 2018 5:41pm
    A group of Novians decide to wander the continent of Novia to learn about the Virtues brought to them by the Outlander Lord British. Along the way the members of the group decide to tell stories to each other to pass the time.

[​IMG]
    Olthadir's Journal, Janus, 536 P.C.
    Awarded $10 Add-On Store Credit on March 22, 2018 5:38pm
    This entry is written neatly, calculated and thoughtfully. it flows onto a number of pages, discussing the large rock that hangs in the sky of Novia.​

2. Elgarion

Congrats to Azaran Valis for his wonderful character bio at RPOTA.COM -- please check out this fantastic work. Some serious effort was put into this. Many thanks Azaran aka @Dargalin for sharing your tale!

[​IMG]
    Azaran Valis
    Awarded $10 Add-On Store Credit on April 08, 2018 5:44pm
    Wise old soldier.​

3. Elgarion

Folks, with a heavy heart I've decided to end the writing contests.

I've done these contests every month (and lately, weekly) since October of 2015. http://www.rpota.com/#contests/

It's possible I'll bring them back in the future, but in the meantime, it'll allow me to refocus time, money and effort on other SotA projects. As a result, I'll be giving away more prizes on my stream and routinely promote people's fine work at RPOTA on the stream, to show off what a fantastic and creative community we have here. Thanks so much for all the participants these past years.

I'll be canceling my Patreon page as well. Very recently I had tried to raise money for writing contests, and I'm super thankful for the donations that were provided, but without the contests, I can no longer, in good conscience, take ANY donations for my work there. I'll continue to develop the site (as always, for its my baby), but I'll just continue to cover the expenses on my own. Again -- thank you all!

4. Dargalin

Dargalin Avatar

Many thanks Elgarion. I look forward to writing more stories in our adventures in New Britannia!

Darg

5. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Thank you for everything you are doing for us RPers, Elgarion. RPOTA.com is an awesome ressource, and it is great to see so many new additions to our small community of RPers as of late. Still some that I haven't even met yet...

I'll try to get back to writing as well, as I get more RP and more interesting stories to tell.

6. Elgarion

You bet, Darg! My pleasure and your work was very deserving of recognition.

Thanks Helvig. I truly hope you do get some more stories and journals written for the community. If you folks haven’t checked out her work yet, you should!

Fei Akhart likes this.
  7. Elgarion

RPOTA.COM 's security has been updated. The site now features SSL protections. Password protections have been greatly increased to include tracking of failed login attempts, account freezes, and instructions for account reset.

I thank @Stryker Sparhawk for getting my butt in gear to make some security changes here and at SotAHelp.org ;)

.dao. and Fei Akhart like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.