Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ruins of Ravensmoor Changes, I hate them all.

Discussion in 'Release 54 QA Feedback Forum' started by Jarikith, May 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarikith

Jarikith Avatar

Ah.. where to start.. let's start with how comical the entire area now looks with the oversized scaling that's stretched everything. Giant Sarcophagi that one needs a ring of jumping in order to climb? Spikes that would obliterate a person rather than impale them? It does not look epic and grand, it looks ridiculous. The scale of the area is just plain awful, if it's intended.

The change of level...

You've taken what was essentially the one starter/introductory dungeon boss and done completely away with it. I, the Legendary Bowlord Jarikith Rivison, am much renowned for the times I would spend playing Smack-Lich in Ravensmoore, mainly because I, unlike my various godlike allies and compatriots, refuse to invest in magic and heavy armors. I am the Bowlord. I cannot solo dragons and trolls, and rooms of monkeys, but one thing I could do with my practically purely archer build is take on the Lich of the Ruins of Ravensmoore, it provided a fun non static challenge with at least fairly adequate rewards for the time spent. That's now gone, what replaces? Nothing, just another area that requires a group or to go the route of taking all the skills ever. Disappointing and depressing. I shall greatly miss my old friend Mister Smack-A-Lich, and when I log on and see none of my usual friends online, I'm far more likely now to find some other game to play instead of going, 'I haven't smacked-a-lich in awhile. I shall do that until other folks log on!'

Seriously, reconsider, give us, the non-godlike players, back our intro boss, if you really must put in some super tier Lich someplace.. find someplace else to add it. Thank you.

P.S. really really fix the scale of the map. Even if you don't give me back Smack-A-Lich the oversized everything there at the moment is an utter joke.

2. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

The reason this introductory boss is no longer needed, is because by the time you leave the outskirts areas and get to Hidden Vale, all this stuff with the exception of DRW is a cake walk to new players. Most people have no reason not come to the vale as it's not a part of any of the main story lines... so starting all the areas here at Tier4 and going upwards is essentially going to turn the whole of Hidden Vale into an end-game area.... and THAT is needed badly!

Since it is already disjointed from the main story-line(s) This makes a heavily under utilized area into the perfect place to do this.

Now you can easily tell this is just a first pass on the zone. Let them play!

Anvar, Daigoji Gai and Oyjord Hansen like this.
  3. Jarikith

Jarikith Avatar

And it leaves nothing like it for intermediary players that cannot just go around and solo every boss or high tier area in the game. It's catering to those who complain they have nothing to do because they have thirty eight gajalillion masteries decks of doom and will do so at the expense of those who don't. The game is already constantly being balanced in their favor, consistently pushing out those who have little to no interest in playing the game of min-maxing optimization. Of which I am one, I am forever unwilling to give up my entirely suboptimal character build that is the Legendary Bowlord and suffer through the fact that the there are large swaths of the game that are just not for me outside of a duo or group. I can accept that because there is at least a singular fun activity that somewhat mimics what the optimizers can do, and now that goes away in favor of... yep those guys again. I am, fortunately, also not inclined to remain unvocal. So I speak now to say that there is still definitely a need for such an area and activity of which I am absolute proof or I wouldn't have made this post.

Kind regards, Lt Gov of Rift's End, Legendary Bowlord Jarikith Rivinson, High Bowmancer of Bowmancery, Chief CrafLab Creationeer.

4. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

I am with the OP here. These areas in the Hidden Vale are great for the casual players. There is plenty of unused room in Hidden Vale to make harder tier areas. It isn't necessary to wreck the fun for those who enjoy it. Make one undoable solo and the other much harder to do solo. It's good the way it is! Leave it alone @Chris Please!

Kara Brae, Salix, Chatele and 3 others like this.
  5. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Indeed, @Dinsoo! That is precisely why I placed my first home in the Hidden Vale all those years ago. I can barely survive in Tier 5 areas as it is (and I do spend most of my time adventuring solo...) :eek: and now you are saying I will have to avoid my favorite hunting grounds from now on (i.e. Ruins of Ravensmoor AND Deep Ravenswood)?! I am very upset with this decision :(

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  6. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Pretty sure the scale is wrong (reported) in our avatars and some npcs, not the map ;)

About the map, there are too many issues atm, I guess they are fixing them all this week.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Daigoji Gai likes this.
  7. Almar

Almar Avatar

I'd like older content left as it is in some occasions, this is one of them. By all means redevelop the zone, but maybe have the old named lich dude there as an aside, in an off-shoot area. Where is the harm in that???

Win/win.

Kara Brae likes this.
  8. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

No place for intermediate players? You mean like the underutilized seldom explored Tier 3s and 4s all over Novia that have mini bosses etc. Yeeaaaaahhhh okay.

Daigoji Gai and eli like this.
  9. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Nothing wrong with those places and nothing wrong with wanting to save these places. Yeeeeaaahhh, I want to eat you :)

Almar likes this.
  10. Jarikith

Jarikith Avatar

Now now @Dinsoo you mustn't want to eat people just because they disagree with you. You must want to eat people because they are tasty and delicious.. and they disagree with you.

11. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I love the new level of the dungeon but the mobs pathing is badly broken! Also my pet keeps getting stuck. I think pathing in general is broken in the dungeon. I'm excited to see some higher outdoor areas added where pathing seem to be less of an issue.

12. Jarikith

Jarikith Avatar

@Rada Torment
    Ahem. From the early release draft: We have increased the scale of this scene to make the rooms and corridors more spacious to give more room for combat.

So... the scale is not 'wrong' in the sense that it's some sort of odd bug. All the actual bugs are most likely resulting from this intentional upscaling of the scene to proportions that are aesthetically wrong unless these ruins were populated by giants. Which is clearly not the case at the moment as the undead still lingering within are not giant, though of course the skeletons inside the oversized sarcophagi are. @Chris that does not mean you should make the undead giant too!

Rada Torment likes this.
  13. Jarikith

Jarikith Avatar

I am including here a copy of a missive I have just sent within game, both on the live server and the QA to Atos. Excuse me for one moment while I slip into old timey letter narrating voice.

My Dearest Atos,
    It has come to my attention that you are intent on altering an Iconic and Historic Landmark, The Ruins of Ravensmoore, to such an extent that it will no longer be a place enjoyable by a broad spectrum of Avatars throughout Novia. Though this falls outside my jurisdiction as President of the Department of Historical Landmarks of Rift's End I must deliver the following message. 'Knock it the hellith off'. Please find some other place to turn into a playground for the privileged few who find soloing dragons to now be tedium for them. Though I do sorrow for the ennui that they feel, I feel much more for the desecration in progress of this Iconic scene which holds such precious memories for since my first foray there as a place in which lower level groups could learn what it is to challenge a boss and come together as a true team.
    Sincerely, Jarikith Rivinson

14. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Oh I see, then they should increase just only the dungeon (walls, corridors..) and not ALL, making items/props bigger looks terrible bad.

Chatele likes this.
  15. Obsidian Tempest

Obsidian Tempest Avatar

We still have a use for areas like this for solo boss training and low level group boss killing. Rather than destroy the current dungeon leave it the way it is and add a few levels below the current Ruins of Ravensmoore with increasing difficulty? I know it's more work but it will make going to the ruins much more satisfying.

Almar, Kara Brae, Nikko and 4 others like this.
  16. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Sounds good to me :) After you defeat the lich, a secret passageway is revealed underneath the throne which leads to the new, tougher levels... o_O

17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

LOL, it's way to tough for me at level 90. I wish there was more content for my level that wasn't either a walk in the park or instant death.

Almar, Kara Brae, Kaffien and 5 others like this.
  18. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Why not just have two doors and two dungeons. I mean, the time spent to create the original can't be reclaimed so where is the harm in leaving it in game?

Obsidian Tempest and Rentier like this.
  19. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I could see that making Ravensmoor more imposing is a quick way to add higher-level content for players that had already passed this place by. But I'd rather see the team working on incomplete stuff like deck combos, summoned elemental tweaking, static POT designs, pledge rewards, and quests that make Episode 1 feel more complete. Time for a new quarterly feature road map, me thinks.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    Obsidian Tempest and Chatele like this.
  20. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

tower of shuttering eye still have a lich... ruins scenes have also several of them. I totally aprove the difficulty changes in tier 1/2/3 scenes in hidden vale.

My guild mates that just have started in realese are advl level 90+...Sota need more end game content!!

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    Anvar and Chrystoph Reis like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.