Sabras Rosé Theatre in Rifts End, Now Open (Pic Heavy)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vallin Tregres, Jun 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

I've always enjoyed RP in MMOs. It's a means to interact with others under the veil of a mask within the context of a grand story. While I prefer events that involve all those who participate there are some who merely wish for spectators. To tell a live action story and know there is an audience to witness the events unfold. As RPers we tend to use our surroundings, venturing to a setting that better fits the theme, yet remain unrestricted by that locations narrative importance. With such things in mind I decided "Why not make it a play?" By doing such even those whom are spectators remain in-character due to the fact they are the audience. Whether the play be part of an ongoing, evolving story based on the input of those whom participate or a scripted event intended for those to witness, yet not directly impact, a stage might be the location which you desire.

The Sabras Rosé Theatre features several venues which offer variety for whichever event might be hosted here. Something for those looking for a theatre experience to find what they might need to better fulfill a setting. After months of planning and a creative hiatus the Sabras Rosé Theatre (Bladed Rose) is now open in Rifts End.

From the outside the theatre is intended to look menacing. Well fortified with stone and steel. However, upon entering the establishment you find yourself within an indoor rose garden. On the first floor the walkway to the crypt (theatre entrance) was designed with weddings in mind with ample room to add marble benches for seating. Following the walkway to the back you will find a dining hall with room for a band or bards tale before the fireplace and seating for the guests of honor.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The second floor features an art gallery, a side room with a stage setting, my office and personal chambers.
    [​IMG]

The third floor features a dance hall, smoke room, tavern, library and a balcony overlooking the Central Promenade.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The fourth floor features a section of the tavern, Café Tragōidia, privacy seating, meeting rooms and Loft Jacuzzi.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Should you enter the crypt on the first floor you will travel downstairs into the Grand Theatre. You are taken around a hallway which leads to either bleacher or boxed seating areas. The bleachers (6 in total) were designed with a castle theme in mind with upper and lower portions. Care has been taken to prevent accidentally falling into the pit, though should such a thing happen the hallways below are designed to lead you to the stairs heading up. Upon the stage is a dark castle built to either be used for castle or town themes while also serving as a dark backdrop when not in use. The castle is three stories tall with stairways leading to the top. I've designed access to the bleachers and castle in such ways that jumping is not required. The stage itself has entrances from the pit below to both the left and right as well as a hidden entrance to the stage castle.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've added myself to the pics to show the scale and seating of such a construct.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Theatre is located in Rifts End alongside the Evil Eye Tavern.
    [​IMG]

The theatre itself tells a story of it's own. Can you find the underlying theme and the secrets held within? Why is this theatre owned and operated by an automaton (48-119) "Vallin"? Was it designed to act the way it does (eccentric, practiced field surgeon that specializes in prosthetic limbs, enjoys life and theatre, dislikes Avatars) or has something happened to it's programming?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

wow - great place (and a theme and story) <3

3. Obsidian Tempest

Obsidian Tempest Avatar

It is an amazing place and we are proud to have him in Rift's End.

Vallin Tregres likes this.
  4. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

The Kobald Great Hall is a big, open building with concrete floors that is 'slightly' uneven on each floor. It was a challenge to work with, but an enjoyable hobby. There are still a few things which can be done to housing, as I still feel the best MMO housing plan was set in Star Wars Galaxies, but a robust system of creative options none the less. The stackable Dark Stone Blocks closely match the walls of the house, so I used those to expand upon the base design. Cutting some rooms in half (giving the secret door a purpose) as well as building rooms, such as the Smoke Room. I opted for a stone keep basement because I didn't like the idea of theatre goers having to use a ladder and used the crypt to simulate "going downstairs".

Though finished, the smaller things I still need to do would be designing a proper garden in the back, finding a use for the clocktowers in the back (would turn them into tennant buildings if it weren't for the restriction that tenants cannot place objects on floors they'd not placed themselves) and turning the empty rooms behind the boxed seating area in the theatre into minibars. *hint hint, nudge nudge Devs... Or has this changed in my absence?* :p

[​IMG]

Obsidian Tempest and Rentier like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.