Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Sacred Orb of Obliteration not obtainable from NPC

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Hemswal The Descended, Mar 28, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

"Arch Lapin: Rumors abound of the return of this nasty foul creature who can only be slain by the fabled Sacred Orb of Obliteration. Note that avatars who have vanquished the Arch-Lapin in years past are now free to do so again, though they may find it even MORE perilous!"

Timothy no longer gives out the orbs in conjunction with the quest to slay the Arch Lupin.

3/28/2018 4:22 AM
    Reproduction Rate: Unknown but 4/4 guildies had the same result.
    Blocker? Yes, I want my orbs.
    Details: See above
    Steps to Reproduce: Talk to the NPC and don't get the orbs.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 16348
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.750.Date.03.27.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Insulam de Nocte
    Area Display Name: Insulam de Nocte
    Loc: (81.3, 39.2, 227.3)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxJbnN1bGFtIGRlIE5vY3RlfCg4MS4zNDIsIDM5LjE2NCwgMjI3LjMzMSl8KDAsIC0wLjY2LCAwLCAtMC43NTEpfDgxMy44ODg5fDM4LjgxOTE5fDEyLjAzNDk1

Nightshade likes this.
  2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yes, he does. When you get the quest to kill the Arch-Lapin, you receive a book and a holy hand grenade sacred orb. Note that the sacred orb is not required to finish the quest despite what our release notes would have you think, it's just as an assist.

3. Hemswal The Descended

No, he doesn't. 4 of us did the quest yesterday and got no such thing. However, we did get the Lupis Servitor Mask and XP from completing it.

4. Hemswal The Descended

I did get the orbs last year but not this year. This is a legit bug.

@Lum the Mad
    Edit: Unless it's not repeatable if you did it last year? However, 2 of the people in my group have never done the quest before and they also did not get the orbs.

Nightshade likes this.
  5. Nightshade

Nightshade Avatar

i didnt get any orbs, just Experience and the mask. first time doing the quest in general aswell.

6. Lum the Mad

Not able to reproduce this. I just hopped on live and got 3 orbs and the book of mighty weapons when I accepted the quest.

Note that you have to accept the quest BEFORE killing the Arch-Lapin. He's not just going to hand you grenades when you've already slain the beast!

7. Hemswal The Descended

Should he not give the items to you retroactively? Maybe the monologue should be something like this from him:

"Ohh, what's that?! You slew the beast WITHOUT the orbs I have for you?! Amazing!! Utterly amazing! Stupendously amazing! Here, have this book and these sacred orbs that I was hiding in this shrubbery. What a relief this is for me! Thank you so much!"

Not allowing new players to get their quest items which ultimately add up to quest rewards (even if given before the quest) is kind of lame and cruel, in my humble opinion. How were they suppose to know that it was vital to have the quest before slaying the death bunny? For that matter, how was I suppose to know?

8. Razarix86

Razarix86 Avatar

I only got the mask and xp too. what quest are you talking about?

9. Lum the Mad

I would be very impressed if a new player was able to kill what is most likely the most difficult creature in the game currently, without being told about the existence of said creature by an NPC beforehand.

Regardless, we'll add some unexploded Sacred Oracle Orbs to the Arch Lapin's drop next build so that if you short-circuited the original quest you can still obtain some.

10. Hemswal The Descended

@Lum the Mad Thanks Lum. I think that's a good solution. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.