Salvage Warning

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by RedEyeZz, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedEyeZz

RedEyeZz Avatar

Alright so a problem I just ran into, I was salvaging my wands/staffs from a Mine run when I look down and see I accidentally salvaged my +8 Necro wand. Now it was the crappiest wand I was using between the 4 BUT, I still accidentally salvaged it nonetheless and there went 11k gold. Maybe we can get a warning on salvaging if there is an enchant or masterwork on the item? I mean it was 100% my fault but either way you look at it, would be a nice addition / touch to the salvaging. Thanks and keep up the good work!

Fei Akhart, Bankee, Stundorn and 8 others like this.
  2. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

It is a common request, you are far from the only one to make this mistake. I believe they are working on this but no promises, they are aware atleast :)

Nelzie likes this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Please @Berek this has happened to many of us. Will you check on this for us if there are plans to let us lock items in our inventory to not salvage or sell accidentally?

Nelzie, Retro, amarious and 3 others like this.
  4. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

I will add a wish to this. If/when we get some sort of lock function could the locked items please be sorted at the bottom like tools, so it will be easier to mark all for sale or salvage, thanks.

5. Numa

Numa Avatar

Triple yes to these suggestions. I made the mistake once of mass selecting some rusty/shoddy weapons in my inventory to sell to a NPC vendor - only to find afterwards that my Shard of Night was sandwiched between the rusty swords and the shoddy bows :(

Nelzie and Paladin Michael like this.
  6. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I mentioned this before and will do so again. If they add a toggle in the context menu of items we could just designate items that we choose as unmodifiable(can't be sold, can't be scrapped, can't be enchanted/mw'ed,etc) The item would remain in a locked state until the player chose to undo the toggle.

Nelzie, Net, Daxxe Diggler and 3 others like this.
  7. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

That also drives me mad.....Its already been socketed so whey even bring it up in the enchanting/socketing recipe window...My last 25 enchants have been boots...why drag that darn chest piece of +12 into the me/enchanting window......again....aaarrrrghhhh

8. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Accidentally salvaged my cutlass of the swashbuckler today, yay :D

9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

LoL I salvaged a 2017 Scyth - at least it was the one I had set to salvage and not the box with the others in it :-(

10. Net

Net Avatar

I nearly salvaged valuable item once, luckily I noticed it in the list and stopped just in time, but I also wish there wwas easy way to protect some items from accidental salvaging... (and hand in hand goes request to be ablee to mass salvage all 150 items, and not having to salvage 15 items at time and each time risk bringing some valuable item to the station by accident.

11. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

On this game, talk to a dev, sometime they can help and replace, this is the only game I have played where they did that for people. All the rest were like no, screw you.

Nelzie likes this.
  12. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

There was another topic where you can simply lock items in your inventory and this for example wouldn't happen.

13. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Yeah, locking items that one has no interest in accidentally selling or salvaging is a HUGE thing, common across many, many, many MMOs.

I think the first time that I really saw that was... WAY back in Dungeons and Dragons Online, over 10 years ago? It's grown to be a common option in many other MMOs and even single players CRPGs.

I look forward to that being available in SOTA. Until then... I am SUPER careful, like selecting individual pieces to load into the salvage or sale window.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.