Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Samael disappears in Malice and no whistle

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by WildMayhem, Sep 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WildMayhem

WildMayhem Avatar

1. Title: Love quest Malice Samael disappears and no summon
    2. Reproduction Rate:always
    3. Blocker? Yes

I was working on love quest and found Samael in Malice. After convincing him to move on, he agreed to join me. I was supposed to receive a summon whistle for him, but instead received nothing.
    He did stay with me until I was killed, but disappeared after I found an ankh.
    Without summon whistle, I can't bring him back. I've cleared the whole dungeon up until he is required at that one forcefield.
    I've left and gone back in the dungeon a couple of times through the docks in Spite, and even though every time I enter it states Samael may be deeper in, I can't find him anywhere and end up at the same halt point.
    I've now had to go back to the Pub in Spite to find him there and hope he follows me yet again, but am not holding my breath.
    update: and nope, he isn't here.

Win 10, release 69 build 1041

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Hmmmm, I dont know if you tried this yet but, stay out of malice for like 20 minutes then go back in. Hopefully he will be back by where muriel was and you had to talk to him to get him to follow the first time.

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Also make sure you have multiplayer setting set to Private (options >multiplayer).

4. WildMayhem

WildMayhem Avatar

Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow, though had left character out of game for a night and was on docks in Spite. I'll go finish one of my other tasks before returning, and will be sure I also have multiplayer set to private, though that shouldn't matter.
    Still doesn't explain why I didn't get the Summon Samael whistle, come to think of it, don't think I received one when he was with me in Necropolis either.

Jaesun likes this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

quest items may be hidden in your inventory. if they're showing, the text is gold at the bottom of the list. if they're not, hit the gear in the upper right of the inventory window to show them.

WildMayhem likes this.
  6. WildMayhem

WildMayhem Avatar

AHA! Guess I didn't notice one of the summer updates likely hid quest items by default. Unhid them, summoned him and now that's another one down.
    Digital whiskey all around!

Barugon, Alley Oop and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.