Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Samael's Ring Sidequest Is All Cockamamie

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Jaanelle DeJure, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

6/13/2018 12:10 AM
    Title: Samael's Ring Sidequest Is All Cockamamie
    Reproduction Rate: ?
    Blocker? no
    Details: After getting Samael's ring repaired, the Avatar is specifically instructed to go see Samael in Spite. However the Samael in Spite has nothing to say to the Avatar. In fact, the Avatar must return to Brookside in order to return the ring to Samael. Following which, he tells the Avatar to meet him in Spite, even though they haven't been to Midras yet (the quest branches off from Necropolis.)

Also, there are several typos in the dialogue.

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16274
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.Win.64.791.Date.06.06.18
    Area: Novia_R5_City_Brookside
    Area Display Name: Brookside
    Loc: (142.7, 50.3, -229.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjVfQ2l0eV9Ccm9va3NpZGV8fCgxNDIuNjgzLCA1MC4yNTUsIC0yMjkuNzQzKXwoMCwgMC45NDksIDAsIC0wLjMxNil8MjM5LjI2MDd8MjguMDg0ODd8Mi4yNjQ1NzE=

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i did not return to brookside. i was able to give him the repaired ring in spite, just this monday

[6/11/2018 5:36:55 AM] Spite Town Crier: Good tidings, outlander!
    [6/11/2018 5:36:55 AM]
    [6/11/2018 5:37:07 AM] You gained 15000 experience needed for skill development!
    [6/11/2018 5:37:07 AM] You gave an item (Samael's Restored Ring of Remembrance) to Samael
    [6/11/2018 5:37:07 AM] Samael: ...thank you. You have done me a great kindness. We will need help if we are to enter Malice. Spirit talking alone will not be enough. There is a problem with entering the dead city.

edit: wait, you hadn't done midras yet? that's where you get the quest to meet him in brookside. maybe you shouldn't be able to get the ring repair quest from him in brookside unless he's told you to met him there in midras.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  3. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Continued weirdness- When I go back to Midras and talk to Miles Shephard I receive conflicting instructions.. one sends the Avatar to Brookside, and the other to Spite.

I now have both tasks in the Journal.

4. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Now cannot clear task "Meet Samael in Brookside" he has nothing more to say to me here in Brookside.

5. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

well the ring quest never showed up for me and brookside samael doesn't want to speak to me after doing the midras....

6. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

UPDATE: The extraneous tasks have all cleared after completing the questline for the Heart of Sorrows.

Alley Oop likes this.
  7. DeadSpider

DeadSpider Avatar

Same issue. Also, I am able to go to overland and directly to Malice by clicking on boat even though the popup message says I can not until I complete Love. Still can not get ferry guy to cross me over because I am not dead from within Spite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.