Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Save the game? PVP?

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Gatsu., Sep 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

Just 3 words...

COPY ULTIMA ONLINE

this mean:

FULL LOOT
    ALL ZONES WITHOUT GUARDS ARE PVP
    ALL ZONES WITHOUT GUARDS MUST BE ONLY MULTIPLAYER

and now a preview of future replies to my post:

1° MULTIPLAYER IS LAG (or crash)
    2° I WANT TO PLAY ONLY ON SINGLE PLAYER I HATE OTHER PERSON.
    3° I WANT MAXIMUM RESOURCES FOR ME (AND ONLY ME)

and this is what i can reply to these 3 questions:

NO MULTIPLAYER --> GAME IS DEAD... let's jump on next MMORPG
    players that LOVE multiplayer.. are playing IN SINGLE MODE to increase skills and money faster..
    solution? : ONLY MULTIPLAYER ... ( SINGLE MODE / FRIEND-ONLY only on SCENES with a lot PLAYERS HOUSES if the player want )

SCENES ARE LAGGING? --> this is an issue with players houses and property... in NO-GUARDS scenes ( for now :( ) there is no private propertiers.... and there is no lag and crashes.

ok, yeah, Garriot says .. ULTIMA successor... NOT ULTIMA ONLINE successor... well... maybe i need to wait for another game from Garriot... or maybe only from Darkstarr... that can be annunced like " THE SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR OF ULTIMA ONLINE " but for now.... i played a lot SOTA .. and everything seems to be made for a MULTIPLAYER experience... .. the SINGLE PLAYER mode seems just an adaptation of the game for POOR PC (or the issue is related to the poor hardware of MAC computer?) and POOR internet connections.
    SUMMARIZING: SOTA is a NICE ULTIMA ONLINE SUCCESSOR... WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER GAME... for an ONLY SINGLE PLAYER EXPERIENCE THERE ARE A LOT OF OTHER GREAT GAMES TO PLAY...

3° THIS IS VERY SIMPLE TO SOLVE... every player can have full resources..... full MINING resources.. full harvest resources.. lets make every player see different things... make the same MANDRAKE plant harvestable from 10 (or more) different players... OK trees have animations .. this is the very issue... on UO there are not animations like that and everything works fine... time to remove this animations.. and replace with wood pieces falling from tree.. (sometimes it's necessary to da a step back to fix something..)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  2. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Just 1 Word

No

3. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Well this ship has sailed. They cashed in on that nostalgia though and we will see more PVP, as it is the only thing you can do in the game (game mechanic wise and without cashing) after you grinded up and played the story... But we haven't heard what their plan is yet.

Ravicus Domdred and Gatsu. like this.
  4. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Eh, my UO experience was post Felucca\Trammel split. Full PvP game would send me packing. More PvP zones? Cool! More rare, better drops in PvP zones to be worth the risk? Awesome! Eventual mechanics with guild vs. guild warfare and contention points that bring nice benefits for the victors? Bring it on!

Roving packs of murder-hobos farming the tears and coin of weaker players? PASS!

Plenty of other games boasting full loot pvp these days. Very few with the current mix we have here.

5. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

If you want PvP, you need to architect for it. You can't just slap it on the side like guacamole and expect it to work. UO is an example of what not to do.

Perhaps once you complete all three paths, you choose a faction and there will be a world better suited for PvP opened up in ep2.

6. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Ahhh, bad Lord_Darkmoon gets flamed for talking about SP, Story and quests again and again but because this is PvP it is ok it seems...

7. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

I spent hours crafting my response to this :No ;):)

8. Gix

Gix Avatar

What are you talking about?

The OP not only writes posts in a meticulously painful way (which I avoid like the plague, but I accidentally clicked here), but offers no tangible arguments. You'll find plenty of people (including myself) that utterly disagrees with the OP's train of thought and goal. Most would avoid posts like these.

The difference between you and him is that you tend to derail the conversation into an MMO-vs-SinglePlayer ordeal (and I applaud you for not doing it here) when all you want is meaningful and intelligent content... something we ALL want.

Mac2 likes this.
  9. sdbaynham

sdbaynham Avatar

oh good another one of these

10. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

*Sigh* another call for sheeps PvP-Thread :confused:

11. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Not gonna happen. That goes directly against their stated plans for the game and promise to players that PvP is consensual. They won't be changing the whole game like that.

They could however maybe add another game mode called "Multiplayer Online - PVP" as an option when logging in. This mode would be exactly what you're asking for. I highly doubt they would add that though as it may further split up the game's currently small population.

12. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

A game does not need PvPcentric to be successful. I totally understand that people do like this form of gameplay, which is fine. But let's not forget the original Ultimas, (of which SotA is also supposed to be a spiritual successor). they were single player gives with party options and provided the basis for UO. I don't need to explain that the original Ultima series worked and was able to provide hours of play time, created a modern day mythology in and of itself and provided tons of entertainment. All of this was done without needing to kill other players. I don't mind playing multiplayer games as long as the story is compelling and I don't need to be forced into situations. I'm hoping that SotA still materializes to be that game. And so what, the storyline portion of the game may end but there are plans for 5 chapters of the story. I'm sure content can be added into the game to bolster the main story while we wait for new chapters to start, but the one thing I didn't mind about the original Ultimas is that I knew the story would eventually end! All stories do and it makes for a much more gratifying experience if that story is well told from beginning to end. If there is no end, sure you get a perpetual world, but of watered down content that drifts further and further away from the original vision. If PvP perpetuates activity for some that's fine but don't force it on me or make it seem that the success of a game hinges on expanding PvP to the general game content. The benefits of PvPing should be that you get to do what you want, which is PvP. There shouldn't be special drops / materials / content in areas that allow for PvP as that would seem to make PvE areas less important (when for a lot of people those areas will be where they spend their playing time). The focus should be on hoping the game content / story hashes out well enough for us to worry less about the "spiritual" ties SotA has to the previous games and allows it to stand proudly on its own. And also, allowing it to end gracefully when it should end isn't such a bad thing! (learn the lessons of the Scooby-Doo / Scrappy-Doo phenomenon!)

13. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

The kickstarter clearly said "meaningful pvp"

14. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Oh the Kickstarter said so many things...

Nhili Dragon, Baalice, Gix and 5 others like this.
  15. Tibs

Tibs Avatar

There are many possible meanings to 'meaningful PvP'.

DancingShade, Mac2 and Time Lord like this.
  16. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

The Game doesn't need saving, why does everyone think that?

17. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

In a word.........
    NO

18. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

You want to play the same game... again... it's still available you know...
    [​IMG]

19. uhop

uhop Avatar

If we are to copy successful and popular games, I have my own favorite: Digger. It is a classic creature-filled resource-mining dungeon-crawling fantasy-based magical RPG enjoyed back then by millions with a captivating storyline. But we are not going to copy it mindlessly, no! We will implement a multiplayer version, so we can do PvP Digger-style! I know it goes against stated principles and promises, but who cares? Let's change everything --- it is that easy. The success is guaranteed! People will come to see it in droves!

PS: If you don't like this idea, I have a thrilling backup: Tetris. It is a classic shooter based on savage killing of enemy squares (squires?) by rows until that enemy overwhelms you, and gets real close for a critical hit. Again, we need a multiplayer PvP version, which is trivial to do.

20. Blackheath

Blackheath Avatar

You do remember how well that worked, right? Do you remember the mass exodus of gank-weary players when EQ came along? Do you remember why Trammel was created?

Save the game? Seems to be doing fine to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.