Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Scenery changes - Flower bushes disappeared from outside my house

Discussion in 'Release 34 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Tanglewood, Oct 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tanglewood

Tanglewood Avatar

Hi all,

has anyone else noticed scenery changes this release? My house is in Brittany orchards (located in the Brittany fields) and one of the reasons I chose my lot was because of the flower bushes and apple trees around it. The flower bushes have now disappeared out the front of the house and some of the apple trees around it have disappeared too. Will these bushes and trees be reinstated in a later release? I thought that only polishes would be getting done to Brittany Fields rather than have scenery removed :(

Has anyone else had similar issues this release?

If these are permanent changes (rather than a temporary issue/bug) I feel a little ripped off since I upgraded to Lord Marshall from Lord 2 days before my lot selection to specifically get my lot :(. I'm starting to get a little disheartened.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  2. Deisos

Deisos Avatar

Hello,

indeed, i had a beautiful apple tree near my house, and it's gone ! i'm in britanny field too. These little flowers bush and apple trees gave a nice touch and atmosphere, a shame we don't have more in the area.

Tanglewood likes this.
  3. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Yes, it seems some evil cult came through with chainsaws,, mysteriously bent on a mission of de-beautification.

4. Tanglewood

Tanglewood Avatar

Yes I just went for a run around the place - the person who took my second choice for lot selection (if i didn't get my first preference) has now lost a big tree from out the front of their place also. Turns out a fair bit of scenery is now missing in Brittany fields - Hopefully this is bug that will get fixed in time. I (along with a number of other people too) will not be happy if this is permanent.

Balec Fares deCani likes this.
  5. Thxforthememories

Thxforthememories Avatar

I suspect this has to do with an item from the R34 release notes, so it looks to be intended -
    • Tree Clearing Increased: The range around a lot in which trees and other flora are cleared when a lot is claimed was increased. This should hopefully greatly reduce the number of tree branches poking into houses. NOTE: Currently this is only applied in NPC and PRT scenes. In R35 we will implement it as an option for POT owners.

NRaas, Balec Fares deCani and Retlaw like this.
  6. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

This is an atrocity and an outrage! An insult not only to the homeowners who clearly selected locations based on the scenery, but to the world-builders who made such a beautiful place only to have it reduced to concrete housing foundations.

Half the island ready for housing...
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.