Screen Loading Time

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software, Tech' started by Sarvadi, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarvadi

Sarvadi Avatar

This game has a lot of appeal for me, perhaps because it hearkens back to old time play. A while back I gave it a whirl but the screen loading time was something I could not deal with. I came back to it thinking this would be fixed, but alas, it has not. Literally, I can sit for almost a minute waiting for a screen to load. Several times while waiting I would be disconnected to server because of "overcrowding"?

So I decide to try playing it Offline. To my disappointment Visitors cannot do so. Oh well.:(

Berek likes this.
  2. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hi @Sarvadi, welcome to Shroud of the Avatar!

We may be able to help tweak your settings. What graphics card do you have? Are you running on an SSD storage drive?

Sator Faryn likes this.
  3. Koss

Koss Avatar

SSD FOR THE WIN.

Sator Faryn likes this.
  4. Sator Faryn

Sator Faryn Avatar

Many of the times I've heard people say the loading time takes over a minute they installed the game on a non solid state drive.
    I tried it out on my Alienware Aurora with a Nvidia GTX 1070. Sure enough loading times went from 10-18 sec on my SSD
    to 45 sec to 1 min 15 on my HDD drive depending on the size of the scene being loaded.

5. Koss

Koss Avatar

A SSD is like night and day. I went for years without one... I finally bought one a year ago and they are unreal as far as speed. Unfortunately, many new computers do not come with them as a standard component..

My computer booting up in 3 seconds...
    Ya.. Ill take that... :)

6. TheRavenkiller

TheRavenkiller Avatar

I feel pretty safe saying that a majority of machines out there are not SSD. load times are somewhat ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.