Scribe's skill tree

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by redfish, Jun 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

I never did understand posts like this one. Isn't it a universal consensus that the Dev team is capable of prioritizing and scheduling the implementation of good ideas?

Do we really need to reply to threads on behalf of the dev team and say, "sorry, they are too busy" or is this simply one players opinion that other things should take presidence?

Kind of reminds me of the old posts when players who had no experience coding would shoot down an idea because they thought it would cost to much...

2. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

I do look at the post as a refresher of things past that had been brought up, and the timeliness of it is such that it's not presented as a 'OMGgottahaveitnao!' - but as a comment of how it fits in as we see things have developed in the skill tree, how the community gauges it as a priority of a post-persistance development for the devs to consider and the breadth and depth we favor it to become.

And yes, if we have to raise a few well crafted posts by Bowen Bloodgod from the past, it adds even more depth.

Time Lord and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Just for the record.. @redfish is one of my favorite posters. We don't always agree on the details but he posts these fabulous well thought out and detailed ideas. (complete with pictures!) Always an interesting read. :)

4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Yep, I certainly agree!
    I like reading all his posts, that's for sure! Next to @Baron Drocis Fondorlatos , redfish is the second most liked player forums member around here and "he's sure made the most favorable contributions to the rest of everyone's ideas here as well"!
    And Bowen's not too bad either, I like his posts allot also!
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Just use the printing press! No scribe skill needed.

Nice ideas!

| Grave | and Time Lord like this.
  6. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

There could also be forgery mechanics, or even skill vs. skill for forgery detection

Time Lord likes this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

The printing press is supposed to be used in the future to "magically" publish books to the world, so your books appear in NPC libraries; the copying function was never intended -- just temporary from what I understand.

Besides, not everyone will have a printing press, and copying should be a simple function you could do at a scribe's desk. For example, if you want to copy newsletters for a guild mail-out, once mailboxes are in.

Bowen Bloodgood and Time Lord like this.
  8. redfish

redfish Avatar

I'm thinking now that a lot of recipes won't be discoverable through trial-and-error, and will have to be obtained or taught, that it might be a good idea for there to be a way for someone to also transcribe a recipe to paper.

I'm assuming that teaching recipes will work like teaching emotes, where you would drag it to trade. So, how about then being able to drag the recipe to a crafting table (Scribe's Desk in this instance) with the paper and ink and create a paper recipe?

9. Metalocalypze

Metalocalypze Avatar

Well thought out ideas here. I like it

10. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.