Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Search Function Suggestion

Discussion in 'Release 74 Feedback' started by Memoriam, Jan 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Memoriam

Memoriam Avatar

Greetings,

I have but a simple request about the search option for recipes while using the crafting tables. Could you please make them a little bigger. They are so tiny and a little bit of a pain to click on. If they were a bit bigger it would help immensely.

Also, if you would consider adding a search function to the recipe book itself. It would make things much faster to know if we have a recipe and would save a trip to the crafting tables. It would be handy as well that if you are out harvesting materials for crafting you can simply look up what you need right there out in the world if you aren't near an area with crafting tables.

Thank you for your time and attention!

2. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Good comments.

What is interesting, I think, is that the game design considered the book an important part of game play to begin with. It appears the design intent was not just to show up, hit a button, and craft. But to actually have to open up 'ye olde recip' book' and thumb through it. Maybe it was thought be immersive game play, hunting through old tomes. But its not the kind of game play most players seem to want.

Honestly I think it is cumbersome too. But I also think we might miss it when its gone. Some of us see spreadsheets, that the community likes to boil data into, every day. The book is … unique. The improved search features you recommend may be solution that keeps the book but makes it more friendly.

that_shawn_guy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.