Searing Ray and the Lich Ring

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Fruck, May 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

Why does banish undead do more damage to players wearing the lich ring but searing ray does not? Searing Ray is also supposed to do enhanced damage to undead....

margaritte, curt and Baratan like this.
  2. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

Mainly because life is the exact opposite of death in the skill tree

Diab Blackbow likes this.
  3. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

I thought it was because the ring made you "undead", which following that logic Searing Ray should do more damage as well.
    If it was due to being in the opposing tree that opens up a lot more... Why doesnt ice arrow damage people who have immolation on more? Why does celestial blessing give sun resist?

4. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

All I know is vs undead my banish hits for on average 200 criting into the 300s and searing ray is around 80 in the Rise Lich room. That being said if you wear the ring you are attuneing death +75 and by contrast weak to the opposite school life -150, or at least that was my understanding. I get your point on ice arrow, as that should do more to someone with fire....logically, but I can only speak for life.

Fruck likes this.
  5. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

Maybe searing ray is just broke in general.....

6. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

I just noticed this is a PvP thread...so you raise a good question but I think this is more of a Dev to answer as to their reasoning for why and how ...imho banish is a more powerfully spell than searing ray and when you wear the ring you are undead so it comes with the territory. But if you have done tests that show it does the same damage when a ring is worn and when not I would suggest a bug report.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.