Second character slot ETA?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oyjord Hansen, Apr 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Dear Portalarium,

Hi my name is Oyjord, and I'm an altaholic.

I will gladly pay a few bucks to open a second character slot so I can experiment with a wider range of playstyles without diluting my main's skill tree.

Alts=more time spent in game=more money for the devs. It seems like a wise business move to add another character slot to the add-on store postehaste. I can do without "Statues of Gigantor Which Don't Fit in my Rowhouse Anyway" or "Ornate Doodad of Coolness" I'll never buy in a million years. But another character slot? I'd be on that like white on rice.

Thanks for listening,
    Oy.

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I do not really understand how you would Dilute a Main Char buy training other skills? You only would have to possibly have more decks wanted that you can use? But any time spent training a new char with new skills would actually be less productive than just turning on new skill trees and training those skills up? + you already have a char who can get exp easily in other ways if you get bogged down? There is no real negative to training other skill trees accept possibly for mage trees and attunement which really is not all that much.

But hey if you want to spend money on another char you can easily just sped the money on a basic bundle with another email and get another account.

Then you can double your rewards on telethons and such for very little money?

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

What Weins says is correct.
    However, given our punitive death decay system, some might opt to put more xp's into skills on an alt - rather than suffer a growing death penalty on their main moving forward.

4. Mishra

Mishra Avatar

I've been able to create up to 3 alts on the same account.

Nelzie and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the extra slots that came with early pledges are not available to everyone.

6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I have 2 accounts with alts that came with my early pledges, so I haven't really kept track of the conversations around alts.
    Having said that, it seems to me that I've heard talk about them coming soon...... I'll ask around tomorrow and see if anyone knows.
    It would have to be fairly cheap, I would assume, since another $45 (or whatever accounts are selling for) gives you the same result.
    And they wouldn't share karma.......

7. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Thanks!

Roycestein Kaelstrom and FrostII like this.
  8. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

think i rember that they are going to add more slots to the game but might be wrong would sort make sense for them to do so just cause people are asking for it i have two char slots on my current account buy still mostly just playing my main is sort kool having a second char slot but to be honest at the moment i'm only using the second char to run around with a kool name The Porkanator :) now i just need a leather archers outfit and boars headdress :)

Roycestein Kaelstrom and FrostII like this.
  9. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

I like playing different looking toons with different gear but the way SotA is made doesn’t make that play style easy since we have the option to level any skill at any time. Essentially playing two toons severely gimps both of them. I suppose you could dual or multi box and get around some of the gimp but it would be tough.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  10. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

It was due to be in R53 (eg live now) but didnt make it - I did ask on the release notes post

11. rpgmaniac82

rpgmaniac82 Avatar

I was hoping for this release also:(

12. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yes, they are going to do it. the original post is asking when.

Oyjord Hansen likes this.
  13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You have my money as soon as this option is available! Hopefully during a telethon.

I have a beautiful hand crafted Agumented Leather Armor +1 set I can’t wait to give my new character. :D

14. Nellie

Nellie Avatar

+Me too.

Waiting patiently for something that apparently a subset of early adopters have. Hope it comes sooner rather than later. Different players, different play-style preferences.

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well I didn't want another character and probably won't use it. I'm usually a one character player except in class games where you have to switch to be something else.

In this game there are no caps and you can be anything .I have a bludgeon fighter build and a healing build with no damage skills since you heal less if you do damage spells.

Also your reputation stays the same on both character slots so no having an evil character and a good character unless you get a character on another account. When switching decks whatever equipment saved on that deck Will switch as long you have them in your inventory.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  16. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

The whole shared karma across chars doesn't make sense to me as you can just get an alt account for like $20 without issue.

Edit: even cheaper now that I just checked, $12

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I know. There was a long battle about it but RG said no to requests to change that rule. ;)

18. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Mind my asking where I can buy in for $12? I'd rather just buy a second slot directly from Portal, so maybe all my account purchases would also work with my alt, but since they're taking too long, maybe I'll go this $12 route.

19. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

It's a steam key reseller which I won't advocate, I only checked it to see lowest I could find quickly.

20. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

This was basically my exact line of thinking before mastery skills were added. The mastery skills are pretty nifty and definitely make having an alt a worthwhile thing.

Barugon and Oyjord Hansen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.