Seed Vendor / Agriculture Vendor Locations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vas Corp Por, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vas Corp Por

Vas Corp Por Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I've been looking into locations of agriculture vendors and it seems that we've made a lot of changes since the related forum threads were last updated. There maybe be more than I list here.

Confirmed Seed Vendors:

Aerie -

Merchant - Alicia Jordan - carrot, cotton, garlic, grape, lettuce, pepper, tea leaf

Ardoris -

Farmer - Samuel Redstone - carrot, garlic, lemon, lettuce, orange rose, pink rose, potato, red rose, small apple tree, tomato, yellow rose

Tailor - Andranus Silk - cotton bush

Etceter -

Vegetable Merchant - Rowan Norfolk - carrot, cotton, garlic, grape, lettuce, pepper, tea leaf

Vegetable Merchant - Kathryn Stapledun - banana, cotton, garlic, lettuce, mandrake, orange rose, pepper, pink rose, red rose, small apply tree, wheat, yellow rose

Graff (Port) -

Merchant (nameless, northwest side of wood docks ) - cotton

Kiln -

Merchant - Judy Gurtner - carrot, garlic, lemon, lettuce, orange rose, pink rose, potato, red rose, small apple tree, tomato, yellow rose

Kingsport -

Farmer - Nache - corn, garlic, lemon, lettuce, nightshade, onion, orange rose, pink rose, pumpkin, red rose, small apple tree, yellow rose

Owl's Head -

Farmer - Myra - carrot, corn, nightshade, onion, potato, pumpkin, tomato

Farmer - Randall - carrot, corn, nightshade, onion, potato, pumpkin, tomato

Resolute -

Merchant - Avery Hall - banana, corn, cotton, lemon, onion, pepper, potato, tea leaf, wheat

Vertas -

Merchant - Rorium - coconut, corn, cotton, grape, lemon, mandrake, nightshade, pepper, tomato, wheat

Yew -

Farmer (nameless) - banana, coconut, grape, mandrake, nightshade, potato, tea leaf, tomato

If you find any more in these scenes or scenes I missed vendors that sell seeds in, please msg me and I'll edit this post. Thank you!

Time Lord, Elgarion, Patchup and 8 others like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@Vas Corp Por, There's some in Brittany Estates (3 for sure).

4. Vas Corp Por

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I don't get it. Why can't you just query the dev databases and know exactly where all the seed vendors are?

Bink likes this.
  6. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

Central Brittany as soon as you walk in from the main map. Just walk up the hill to the first merchant you see. I buy most of my seeds from there.

7. Vas Corp Por

I'll ask the database guy tomorrow, requested a tool for the rest of us to easily do it on our own (there may be a way already I just don't know it?)

8. Drocis the Devious

I don't think there's an easy way for us to do it, in part because the idea is to get people to explore and search for recipes and seeds, etc...

There's a way to query various data points, but you have to be technical savvy or use someone else's application.

I was just surprised that you were asking for community help/input when it seemed like you would have the ability to do this internally.

CrandalltheFoole likes this.
  9. Vas Corp Por

I was doing my own probe into agriculture on my own, and the most complete post on seed vendor locations was kind of out of date, so ran around and found some myself to help the people from that thread. I think it'd be a good feature of SotAMap someday, since we have to label and pin the locations of vendors with their appropriate icon (so that data will be already represented somewhere anyways).

10. Drocis the Devious

Yeah, I can see that being helpful.

What I always worry about though, is the idea that so much information makes it on to the hover over, that towns (particularly player owned towns) become nothing more than a stat sheet, and no one visits the towns that have the least amount of "seeds" being sold.

There are a lot of people that won't care, they'll just want the convenience of being able to avoid going into a new scene that doesn't have exactly what they're looking for. But there are other people that enjoy the exploration and the discovery of things unseen. It's a tough balance, but posting stats over a town seems to move too far in one direction, imo.

Anyway, good luck!

11. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

@Vas Corp Por all the food and seed merchants are at the North Gate of Spite.

Vas Corp Por and Disgruntled like this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Spending all my gaming time searching for the location of the merchant/vendor that has the item I want is actually not fun.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  13. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

@Vas Corp Por Ella the vegetable merchant in Jannaford has: Coconut, corn, cotton, grapes, lemon, mandrake, nightshade, pepper, tomato and wheat seeds...

I hope you start a thread for metal recipe drops, I need Halbert blades in all the exotic metals...

Vas Corp Por likes this.
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well when I first saw the request I thought it would be easy from the standpoint of a person from each location to comment. It didn't have to be everyone running everywhere. *sighs*

Vas Corp Por likes this.
  15. autodeath

autodeath Avatar

Well I know I'm minority, probably even marginal, residual. But I love searching and exploring on my own using game world mechanics. If such tool like ingame map have current information and even increasing by such information like in this thread and those are not configurable not to be displayed, the map will continue to be useless for me as is spoiling just everything and ruining what I thought I would have from the game. And I will just have to be without map like now. If I won't be out of the game searching for some having all the mechanics I, maybe by my mistake, expected from this game: exploring, searching, questing, RP, doing local little tiny crafting and selling (without being swallowed by global sharks). It's all about 'convenience' and 'time is money' and be 'quick on the top' and 'economics is our brain and eyes' with all the COTO's, quest markers (sic!), teleporting, map spoiling everything. And hard to opt out while being part of Novia world. Looks like we almost don't need overland map. The gaming seems to be too rushy to me in a modern era, where's all the fun doing riddles, puzzles, exploring, immersing into a virtual world and character... I don't know, it's wierd ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.