1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

SeedInvest Campaign - Discussions with Richard Garriott / Lord British

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lord British, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sator Faryn

Sator Faryn Avatar

I'm trying to understand the reservation side to the investing side.

Let's say I have $11,000 to spend.
    If I put down $10,000 for my reservation I would then only have $1,000 left to invest. Or I could put down a $1,000 reservation and then have $10,000 to invest.

So my question is are the reservation funds available to be used to invest? So should I put down $11,000 in my reservation if I plan to invest $11,000?

If you can't answere here can you point me to which section on seed invest to read more closely?

Thanks,
    Sator Faryn
    Owner of Sator's Stinky Sewer Shop

I may have found my answer here "
    A reservation is not an investment. A reservation is non-binding and you will need to confirm your reservation when Portalarium's offering is live to invest.

If you are a new user, making a reservation will also create a SeedInvest account in order to let you complete your investment or make edits to your reservation. "

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    Time Lord and Lord British like this.
  2. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Shameless request: During the final hours of the Summer Telethon 2017 I thought you mentioned that you would include the amount of monies raised through Seed Invest that night with the totals raised for the telethon, for purposes of hitting the targets for getting the player rewards (for those that spend $5 or more). In other words, since we only got to $115K raised during the Summer Telethon 2017, I was hoping you guys raised enough on Seed Invest that might to put us over the $120K mark - if it was the case you were including those numbers. This would, potentially, mean we could get the flame armor reward which was originally listed. Did I mishear that?

Again, I am not talking about actual funds raised through Seed Invest that night and commingling with the telethon amounts raised. Just for purposes of hitting the targets to release player rewards.

Time Lord, Vrunk Hrrk, Arc and 2 others like this.
  3. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Also, if the investment announcement was made AFTER the telethon we would have most likely hit the goal. Bad timing.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I also want to know if "reserve" funds are also considered "invest" funds?

Time Lord and Sator Faryn like this.
  5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Alas, SI is only accepting US bank accounts and that's it. No CC, no paypal (though i can come up with 199th of reasons why no paypal ^^), nothing. Just US bank accounts.
    Thanks for taking care of it.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Lord British the only thing I think is important to note on your communications that (very disappointingly) this is only available to US residents.. This is NOT a global thing. (Having asked seed earlier) I cannot believe this would impact the legalities if you were to be making it clear that many of us cannot participlate

Numa and Time Lord like this.
  7. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

@Lord British If this is an honest attempt to find investors, why are in game rewards being offered that aren't out of line with pledges typically offered with crowdfunding efforts?

Ice Queen, Time Lord and Lord British like this.
  8. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

So, say that I want to put in $1000, but I don't have that money immediately available.

Can someone nutshell the way this works?

9. Lord British

Lord British Lord British SOTA Developer

"Conquering towns" we may need to rephrase. That was meant to refer to the Control Points, Town Sieges and PVP towns as a catch all. But I can see it may read like a "new feature"... it is not! Keep in mind these docs were made for outsiders not for players! Y'all can parse this WAY tighter than they can.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  10. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

11. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

That's a shame it isn't. What has upset most i think is not just the incorrect wording for it but the fact that we CANT do this.. Especially for factions/guilds/PvP, its what the game NEEDS to be releasing as a 'new feature'.

Time Lord, CrazyPhil, Spinok and 6 others like this.
  12. redfish

redfish Avatar

If guilds could take over control points, that would be a good start ;) That could be extended to things like keeps. Conquering towns sounds like it would need to be more of an elaborate thing :D

13. Lord British

"Perks" are a common aspect of the SeedInvest offering structure. Why would we NOT offer digital perks for people willing to invest money? If it helps get people over the line to invest, its a win-win!

14. Lord British

You can "reserve" your shares now, and pay before the end of the campaign.

15. Lord British

"Assassination" refers to a quest line in development.

16. Lord British

The "long term plan" remains Guilds ability to "own" Control Points. We just don't have it on the schedule yet, so it may not make Ep1 Release. I hope it does... but "Don't lawyer us bro." as we often say.

17. Lord British

I agree! But we must balance getting in new and polishing existing. We will get there... eventually!

18. Lord British

My understanding is that a "Reservation" is just registering your intent to buy, and so they will hold those for you. You will then LATER be asked to make the payment for the reserved stock.

19. Calem

Calem Avatar

Could you, on whatever channel/platform, clarify the deal already hammered out with Black Sun? What rights were given away? It obviously goes past translation, so what exactly did they pay for?

Time Lord and Sator Faryn like this.
  20. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I would hope that the message on either side is the same to avoid confusion. I've said from the very beginning that communication and dissemination of information can and has been a weak point of Portalarium in the past.

Yes, players as a group look at every grain with a microscope, however, an investor should be familiar with what they are investing in, and they should understand basic video game concepts like Control Points and such.

Time Lord, Autumn Willow and Mykll like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.