1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

SeedInvest Campaign - Discussions with Richard Garriott / Lord British

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lord British, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

It is kind of screwed up that the seed vest site has been updating every time I look at it. They are dealing with millions in crowdfunded dollars and it does not build much confidence when their site sucks so bad. Further, I have not heard anything for Port either.

@Lord British Any updates for our sanity?

Hornpipe, Time Lord and StarLord like this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I agree about the website. But I think there's some "closing" activity going on and we'll hear all about it after it's complete. Be patient and it should pay off. :)

3. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I just want to hear that Port is not getting screwed over and everything is in order. I don't trust seed vest at all.

Time Lord and Ronan like this.
  4. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

Patience! Port would never deal with someone that would do the proverbial "take the money and run".

I'm glad to have moved most of my retirement savings to invest in Portalarium - I think this has a chance to make it big when they release later this year. Sure, I took a bit of a hit taking it out "early" due to it being taxed, but I have no doubt it'll be made back quickly. You have to spend money to make money, after all.

Seedinvest better give this money over to Portalarium!

5. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

Please tell me this was a joke. I don't think anyone, Portalarium included, would advocate doing such a thing. But either way, what's done is done at this point!

Tiina Onir, Mykll, StarLord and 6 others like this.
  6. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and encouragement, BDF. :)

Not that I would sincerely expect anybody to care *too much* but I stopped playing UO somewhere around 2001 because I could no longer afford to make the hardware upgrades necessary to play the expansions. I basically went on a 15 year hiatus of playing any MMORPG because I felt that it was not a particularly good use of my temporal and financial resources, considering the amount of debt I was living on at the time while in school. One exception was several years ago where I played LOTRO for a while- on an HP Mini which I purchased for $300.

Not more than 3 years ago, our income was barely above the poverty level. My gaming was limited to "Words with Friends" and others that I hemmed/hawed over spending $2.99 on.

Now that the blood, sweat, tears- and severe belt tightening- that went into making our business be a success, and that I can truly afford to spend a fair amount of time and money playing computer games, I thought to myself what a wonderful opportunity to at least contribute directly to the developers making this game. I really and truly want to support the process of making this game, whether or not it ever becomes everything it ever could have been, or that was (supposedly) promised in the Kickstarter.

I just turned 40 years old. And I will be damned if am going to be bullied online because I am financially backing a ****crowdfunded**** game. By certain members of its own community, of all things. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  7. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

What's to ponder? The heck with the naysayers. Thanks to all of you who help this game company keep advancing.

Show it off proudly!

8. Apollo31

Apollo31 Avatar

Seed Invest took more money from my account yesterday. It was very little ($1.26), but still very concerning. They already had my investment and the associated fee.

Anyone know why this happened?

9. Illiaro

Illiaro Avatar

I can't wait to see it!

3devious and Jaanelle DeJure like this.
  10. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

Did you ask SeedInvest?

Jaanelle DeJure and Time Lord like this.
  11. Rat2

Rat2 Avatar

Is there an ETA for investor rewards?

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I don't think one has been announced. I would guess that R45 would have them though.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Early in the process - they did a couple of micro-deposits into your account to get the account verified (You had to check your account and enter the exact deposit amounts into their system as verification that it was your account). Most likely - the amount taken back is the same amount deposited earlier so they are reclaiming their funds used for the account verification. If the amount does not match the two earlier micro-deposits, I'd get with SeedInvest ASAP.

14. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I got a couple emails from Seed Vest last night saying they got my money from the escrow and all that remains is for port to close the funding round.

15. Stephalan

Stephalan Avatar

And I was hoping for a link from SeedInvest. Got one?

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We are still in the process of the SeedInvest campaign 'closing', which means everything on the back-end has to complete legally wise before we can award those perks. Expect it to be at least another release or two before we can do so, so unfortunately it's not going to be in R45 (sorry) and we're not sure about R46 yet. Thanks for your patience here as well!

With the above, the system is still closing out the process with those accounts that are in the investment funnel. This could take several days yet, so it's possible you will see some account changes, depending on where you are at in the funnel.

I can confirm that we've successfully completed the round and are happy to be able to move forward!

17. 3devious

3devious Avatar

It would probably end badly for them if they did something untoward to Portalarium. Richard is doing all he can to keep nerds like us off the streets. It would probably behoove anyone to stay out of the way of our game's launch. Otherwise those of us with too much time on our hands are going to need an outlet. :eek:

18. Apollo31

Apollo31 Avatar

Thanks! That's what it was. I was mistaken because they tested the account by depositing into my account and not withdrawing.... When I saw the later withdrawal, I was concerned :)

19. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

So what's the timeframe on this? I get that y'all couldn't discuss this in certain places previously due to SEC junk but it's closed. What are the final tallies?

This is my 1st time investing in this type of offering but given the way SEC reg's impact my other stock purchases (they have a 3 day settlement rule) I can't imagine what would be preventing giving us a firm timeline now.

The fact that I've invested indicated I have faith in the future of Port but as a player and now an investor I will say that one area Port needs to improve is in the way you communicate. Over time I've seen this previously and it really shouldn't be this way.

Also, while I understand (per a Starr answer to one of my questions on the SI site) that the "perks" will not be deliverable immediately but how about the account access?

Thanks in advance

-sol

@DarkStarr

MacGaellen, Jens_T and Astor Cerberus like this.
  20. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Avatar

Hello Everyone,
    Just an FYI friendly memo.
    I went to check my investments to see the current status and for the past few weeks it was either "Awaiting Close" or "Initiated Close" and today when I checked 1 of them was needing further information... When I checked it, it was a simple box I forget to check during the checkout process.
    Was a simple thing to overlook and was not flagged until I checked today.

In Short... Take a brief moment to ensure that no follow-ups are required as some might have changed status.

-Mad Hatter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.