1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

SeedInvest Campaign - Discussions with Richard Garriott / Lord British

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lord British, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Seems people have for 4+ years and they are still in the black. Why don't u come back in '9 weeks ', if then the game is bankrupt you can shout as much as you like how right u were!!.. I'm sure you would as well, but i doubt very much we hear from you in 3 months from now saying, 'Ok, i cant add up, i was wrong'

2. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Oh and BTW, there are two guarantees in life - death and taxes.

Sometimes you have to take a chance and let the chips fall where they may. Anyone who has ever been in love, anyone who has ever moved across the world for a new job, anyone who has ever become a parent knows that there is a risk. If you bungee jump off a bridge, there is a risk. If you race a car, there is a risk. If you wash windows of a skyscraper strapped in a seat, there is a risk.

If you decide to invest money in something - there is a risk. It is up to each person to decide if the risk is worth taking. I mean, come on, this is a no-brainer and just the way life works. So anyone who finds this proposal *too risky* - don't do eet! It is just that simple.

3. Stephalan

Stephalan Avatar

See you in nine weeks.

Time Lord, Sir_Hemlock and Ice Queen like this.
  4. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

@Stephalan why would they be making profit when the product hasn't been released for sale? All income at the moment will of course go to development and running the business..........profits come way down the line. You also seem to have missed the whole principle of crowdfunding.

But anyway, you don't like it and that's perfectly fine.........but please do everyone a favour, stop spouting the nonsense......life would be better that way.

5. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Bye

6. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

thank goodness... best thing I've read in this last few pages... :) doom and gloom guys kinda depresses me... LOL... now I can go back mining with a smile :D

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  7. Vox Aquila

Vox Aquila Avatar

My golden row house will be placed on the docks of Serenite and have the guild vendor outside. Given the pool of talent at Port, the sky is the limit.

Chocs away old boy!

8. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

That explains it. Life just seems to short to have a vendetta against a video game which they spend SOOOO much time attacking over there.

9. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

[​IMG]
    thank you. Don't feel forced to come back if you don't want to.

10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I'm with you @King Robert ! :D "I got mine reserved!"
    Some may never be calmed and I understand that, truly I do. But after having followed these developers "all my life!" (and I am really old now) Even without having ever seen them, so many of our development team have been like family to me and my family because of all the gaming worlds they have provided, with each one having been a "great success". SOTA is proving to the world, "allot right now", by standing on it's own merits through it's devoted player base, the player base that has forever been with them, through many a successful journey in gaming. Almost each and every video game anyone will ever play has been touched in some way by the trends these long time pioneers of the gaming industry have made. Lord British would have to get a restraining order from me cutting his lawn for free if I still lived there in Austin... well... maybe only once a month because I'm getting really old now. But if he asked me, I'd be there and I'm no millionaire. I'm just a retired from hard physical work kind of guy, just a normal man.

Confidence is something that's learned through time and practice, and our development team has proven themselves to have my confidence in them.

I am extremely surprised, humbled and appreciative that Portalarium has made this offer to it's fans! They could go seek funding from any number of EA, Origin or venture capitalist types, or even funded it themselves, yet our SOTA is proving to stand on it's own merits, on top of it's own dedicated fan base and that's something I can very much admire! There's extremely little difference between our Add-On Store and what is being offered, yet with an added lingering value. The virtual value alone in digital perk is of the same actual value in my opinion.

I may not help you to have confidence, but I think I've explained my own confidence in Portalarium which is self evident if you knew how many games of these developers my family and I have enjoyed through decades of time spent playing them.

[​IMG] ~Time Lord~;)

Numa, CatherineRose, Hornpipe and 6 others like this.
  11. Stephalan

Stephalan Avatar

@Envy You think games in early access don't make profit? Where exactly then does their money come from? Most developers that go the early access route do so because they need the money.

@Fionwyn If speaking the truth makes me a troll so be it.

This communities responses to my comments is the exact reason this game is in the condition it is in. It is fine for you to like the game. It should be fine for me to dislike it. But apparently if you voice your opinion that you dislike it that is not allowed. Keep following this development team blindly. Look how far it has gotten you.

Time Lord, Sir_Hemlock and Ice Queen like this.
  12. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I actually have a question for @Lord British:

I notice the perk tiers jump from 1k to 10k. Is this written in stone or will there be intermediary tiers such as 2.5k and 5k added? *I'm looking for you 2.5k* :p

13. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Ah yes, the truth does come out! You dislike the game and have an ax to grind. You aren't here to discuss SeedInvest you are here to bash the game and the community. LOL! Whatever. I'm done with you. *washes hands and shakes off feet*

14. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I think you need too get a better grasp of what "profit" actually is.

EDIT: And i'm not having a dig at you here, but seriously if you don't understand then ask the question rather than posting stuff like that.

Sentinel2, Womby, Hornpipe and 5 others like this.
  15. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

@Stephalan

You really should withdraw all your comments in this thread as your logic and math is grossly incompetent and completely inaccurate.

Womby, Gregg247, Bow Vale and 5 others like this.
  16. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Hmm. I thought you were leaving...

If the game is going away in 9 weeks that means NONE of your stuff will be worth anything.
    Here is an offer to see if you really think this or are just posting to stir the pot.

Can I have your stuff?

I will offer to buy your stuff Today for 50% of what you paid for it.
    At least you will get something rather than lose it all.
    If you REALLY believe what you say...

PM me your Paypal address and a list of everything you have and what you paid.

Deal?

17. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

crap... is nine weeks over already? lies... lies... lies I tell you... :mad::confused::mad:

they claim to speak the truth but in the end they're just another LIER... :mad: arrgghhhhh....

Time Lord and amarious like this.
  18. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We see that there are still many questions here, particularly right now around the financial situation of the company. I hope that the recent responses by Lord British have helped to clarify some of these uncertainties. We apologies for the initial confusion, and are grateful for the rest of the community to step up and try and help others out in understanding what we are trying to do here.

To clarify one point quick, the above 230k~ or so is correct on the expenses per month. As was mentioned before, we typically take in about that same amount per month as well. Then we have our telethons and other fundraising events.

All of these efforts are not only to keep the company moving forward so that we can bring you a great game at completion, but also to grow the company as well. This SeedInvest opportunity is just that, an opportunity for more of our community to become involved in having a stake at the eventual success of the game. Yes, it will help our bottom line as well in the meantime.

We want this to be something everyone can partake in, that benefits everyone in return. Please see this as a unique opportunity for you. I encourage everyone to take a good look at the official SeedInvest website, and ask their questions here on anything you are still uncertain about. We will be adding answers to questions on that site in the coming days.

For any discussions outside of the official SeedInvest page, we ask that you please not mention Tombstone information though, per the legal rules in place on discussing such information.

I also encourage everyone to read the following site. It has some excellent information on how these investment opportunities work, and why they are so restrictive:

https://www.inc.com/ryan-feit/the-10-golden-rules-of-equity-crowdfunding-advertising.html

Thanks all for your patients on us getting the right communications out there!

Numa, Rentier, Alexander and 17 others like this.
  19. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

Kobold agreez wit thiz hooman and make planz to share in hooman buzinezz

CatherineRose, Womby, Vyrin and 7 others like this.
  20. Godra

Godra Avatar

Ok, so I am not the brightest bulb on the Christmas Tree, but I know any investment is never guaranteed. What I am confused about is what I am possibly getting in my investment return? Digital in game items only in game like the Duke pledge I purchased and/or some type of stock with value or dividend return? That is what I need, just some basic info. Sorry if I sound dumb here, but am asking community for some help. I am not asking for advice in investing or not investing in Portalarium.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.