1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

SeedInvest Next Steps - Awarding of Perks

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Aug 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The question, "What's the timeframe to get the investor rewards?" was asked on the recent R44 Postmortem livestream. Several community members have asked similar questions here in the forums since then.

@DarkStarr's answer:

"I believe you are talking about the SeedInvest rewards? The first round of items are already built and awaiting delivery. We hope to have the second round built next release (R46). However we cannot deliver them until we have secured the funds from SeedInvest and gotten everyone's account information from SeedInvest and then followed up to find out which Shroud account they want their rewards delivered to (all of which will of course take time). We estimate at least 2-3 months to complete all of this." - @DarkStarr
    We will update everyone as progress is made on the above!

2. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

By Tor, Sonja, Time Lord and 5 others like this.
  3. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Please add information about Consolidation of Investments into a larger investment. E.g., if I made a $1000 investment, then later a $4000 investment. I may want to get the $5000 investment package Perks, not two lower level Perks ($1000 and $2500 perk levels).

4. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Done!

5. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

can't wait

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Sara Dreygon and Time Lord like this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I'm invested at $1500.00, so I'd like to make sure I get double the $500 level and single the $1000 lvl...
    I hope that's not a problem and all on the single account if that's possible.
    ~TL~:D

Astor Cerberus likes this.
  7. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

boy.. me an math.. lol ya

at first I didn't get it :p

Edit: now a question doth arrive. Would that give you 2 basic access accounts?

@Serafina

the question never pop'd in me head before.. but how would that work? Cuz. hey you could gift the access off and make extra accts to let friends try things or w/e

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Time Lord likes this.
  8. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Not according to the FAQ:

Which is the opposite of what I recall RG saying during the campaign, though I don't have a reference to hand.

Time Lord and Solazur like this.
  9. dayero

dayero Avatar

It's my understanding that single investments provide each perk level exactly once. That my interpretation of the SeedInvest Investor Perks text. Anything else wouldn't make any sense anyway, since at $2000 and above it gets ambiguous as you can split the investments in multiple ways. For example 2x $1000 or 1x $1000 and 3x $500. That only gets worse at higher levels. Also, frankly, I wouldn't be ok with any extra perks packages handed out as gestures of goodwill, since it lowers the value of the digital items for me and everyone else. The digitial items did play a role in my investment decision and it might have been different - possibly higher or zero - if the items valued differently. I am pretty sure I am not alone in that regard.

Time Lord and Rentier like this.
  10. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Ya,, late nights me and math. I meant 2. I seem to recall hearing or reading the same.

11. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Therin lies the problem with multiple investments...it would seem to me like if somebody made 5x $500 they should be able to either combine that for the 2500 lvl or take 5 x 500... but that's just me. I just picked a lvl and stuck with it

Edit. ofc if one was splitting awards in any way, they'd have to be on dif accounts no?

12. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Solazur
    I did multiple investments with one E-Mail account and got for each investments it's corresponding Perk in the same account i gave the link to connect with.

e.g. 3x 500$ => 3 Perk Tier1 Packs

as long as you don't consolidate them inot higher perk lvls you are stuck with the Tier you invested in

CatherineRose and Solazur like this.
  13. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Now that makes sense

14. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Well...

If my investment in Portalarium's "stock", needed to be made in separate investments (which no stock I know of does), this was not what was indicated by the SeedInvest broker, "AnMaree Williams".

"Sad Me Hu?" @Berek
    I guess Portalarium should enjoy my extra $500.00
    I also guess this falls under the sad or angry face "rate your conversation" within this copy of their e-mail advice to me below.
    :oops:~Time Lord~:(

Help AnMaree understand how they’re doing:

Rate your conversation

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 05:50 AM, "AnMaree Williams" <anmaree.williams@seedinvest-33ea587289ce.intercom-mail.com> wrote:
    Hi Michael,

The best way to increase your investment is amount is by canceling your first investment and making a new one with the correct amount. You can cancel that investment on your portfolio at: https://seedinvest.com/portfolio

Please let me know if you have trouble or need any further guidance.

All the best,
    AnMaree

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 05:00 PM, "Michael xxxxxxxx" <xxxxxxxx.net> wrote:
    I also within this transaction want to receive the $1,000.00 level perks as well as an additional $500.00 level X2 Perks in total through my increased investment to a grand total of $1,500,00 before this offer closes.

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 04:56 PM, "Michael xxxxxxxx" <xxxxxxxxxx.net> wrote:
    I want to increase my Portalarium investment from $1,243.31 to a grand total of $1,500.00 How can I do this before this offer closes?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SOTA Forums Update;
    This issue has been happily mutually resolved between the player and the company with unique extenuating circumstances :D:D

Happy ~Time Lord~:)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    Cordelayne and Solazur like this.
  15. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

It is almost like 2 different questions. It was not necessary to make an investment in multiple amounts. You could make multiple investments if you wanted to do so and then when it was time to receive your share certificates you could combine them into 1 larger investment and only 1 certificate. Or you could receive certificates for each of the multiple smaller investments. Each level of investment had rewards at the level. If you made a $500. investment it had a reward. If you then made another $500 investment whether on that same email or another email it carried that level reward. Unless you combined them in the manner that was described you would receive the level rewards according to the level you invested. If you invested at the next level that increased the rewards you would receive that level of rewards. You have made 2 investments. Each receiving rewards such as a$500. one which will receive rewards. The 2nd investment was made at the next level of $1000. you are then entitled to the rewards for that $1000. level. If you do not combine them to make them into a $1500 investment then you will receive the rewards for the $500. investment and you will receive the rewards for your $1000. investment. Each investment remains undivided which is not allowed. If you COMBINE the 2 investments into 1 $1500. and since that combination does not reach the next level for rewards you will receive the rewards for the $1000. investment only. If you do not combine the 2 investments into $1500 and since there are rewards for the $500 investment and then there are rewards for the $1000. investment then you receive the rewards for each investment the $500 one and then the $1000 one.

It is up to you to decide if you want to combine the investments or not. It is your choice you just can not divide each investment.

I did not combine my investments because I chose to receive the rewards for each level and so the rewards on my account shows that as well.

Rentier likes this.
  16. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

FWIW:

I made an investment in the first hour of the offer.

When the levels were changed I wanted to up my investment and was told just make another investment.
    Seedinvest never did combine them into one so I contacted Richard.
    Here is his reply.
    (From the horses mouth so to speak):

Solazur, 3devious and discipleofweb like this.
  17. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Inquiry of the buyer to the seller prior to purchase, response of the seller with instructions to the buyer followed to the letter and the intent of both parties...
    Portalarium will do the right thing "given the time", they always have in the past.
    ~Time Lord~

Solazur, Rentier, Lesni and 1 other person like this.
  18. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

SOTA Forums Update;
    This issue has been happily mutually resolved between the player and the company with unique extenuating circumstances :D:D

Happy ~Time Lord~:)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  19. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

So are the Deeds waiting for R46? Would sure love to stop paying taxes on that property before then!

20. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

That had to be the most absurd thing I have ever heard of. I can't, in my wildest imagination imagine a compliance dept. (aka the legal eagles that keep their hiney's out of hot water) would put their stamp of approval on that. So glad to hear things resolved.

I would also have been extremely surprised if Port had not made "the right thing" take place. I have always found the CS at Port to be top drawer.

I would ofc also commend Time Lord for near saintly patience.

Now let's get this game finished!

3devious and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.