Seems there is mistake in your AFK XP gain preventing mechanism.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinok, Feb 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

I don't know the exact way how your AFK XP gain preventing mechanism works. But seems that it has a mistake.

Example of how your avatar can be kicked from the game:
    1) Kill smth with a bunch of xp.
    2) Stay in a safe place to wait till respawn of what you killed, and kick the SOTA window in a tray, watch the youtube videos for example.
    3) Due to the delay in enrollment of XP - you will gain XP while your avatar does not do any activity.
    4) Seems your algorithm recognizes it as AFK XP gain, and you would be kicked from the game.

One of the possible way to solve this is to make a timer for your algorithm to perform longer than single XP enrolment.
    Generally, it's not a big problem for me, but it is annoying. Also based on what I read in Universe chat, I`m not the only person who meets this time to time.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This only happens for undead (because there was a mechanism that allowed skeleton mages to resurrect fallen undead at one point). If you loot the body, you immediately get the XP.

Anpu likes this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Be a lot harder to camp ERG for xp if they reinstated that for the scene...

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it was glitchy. sometimes mages would start rezzing themselves just before they were killed, and it would work, back to full health.

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Exactly. Reinstate it just for that scene. Make people really work for it. ;)

Xee and Anpu like this.
  6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

what happens if you leave the game window focused? does it stay in?

7. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Great question. Tested today in a basement - NO, its kick you from the game even if the game is window focused. I open 3 avatars 1 on a single display, 2 on the second display, all window focused. The second and third were kicked VERY fast.
    It's QoL change, I understand right? Great job.

8. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

could be more related to multi accounting. they tried a while back to get rid of the afk auto attackers that way with code that prevented any skills from being triggered unless it was active window. so perhaps with the new AFK code on non focused windows go afk faster now and with the new code if they are using xp well afk they log out pretty fast. that would be my guess as to what happens. by xp changes that includes skill training and untraining I think too. only way to be sure would be to turn on maintain on all that log faster and see if it changes. They do not support multi accounting from 1 machine, this could be the new code that solves that issue. it still does not stop multi-boxing where each account is on another computer.

9. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

fyi windows only ever has 1 active windows at a time that is focused. just cause the rest are laid out side by side or on other monitors only the one you are active in is focused the rest are not. so no way around it.

FrostII likes this.
  10. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

I get kicked for just sitting outside my lot, in my basement and my dungeon and I am not gaining any xp.

FrostII likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.