Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

selfish request #483 draw crafting resources from nearby chests

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Dirk Hammerstrike, Feb 7, 2016.

?

This is a good idea?

1. This is a bad idea

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Immersion!

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Yes!

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

If I have the correct permissions to do so, and If a chest is nearby, could you please consider the crafting resources in that chest as available for use on the crafting table?

For example:
    I have a chest near my blacksmithing and smelting stations. It keeps my hammer and tongs, molds, coal, ore, etc... when I'm not crafting. So I find myself repeatedly moving things from chest to inventory, craft away, then move them all back to the chest when I'm done. All the time. Its kind of annoying.

Wouldn't it make sense that my avatar knows to reach for the local chest to get resources and tools without having to explicitly move those items to his person? The answer to this question is... yes.

Lord Baldrith and Jivalax Azon like this.
  2. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Maybe they could make the crafting station a storage container also?

3. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

I could see a future where I'd allow someone to use the station but not my resources. But I guess those could just be more permissions on the station itself. Just wishful thinking over here ;-)

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  4. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

I've found that the distance I can walk away from a chest and have it stay open on my screen is good enough to already do exactly what you are asking for. I have been able to place a chest roughly 2 crafting stations away and still access it.

Dartan Obscuro likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.