Sell the Farm and buy a Barn :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steevodeevo, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

2. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

Woohoo! It costs $0, gotta like that!

Edit: An hour later the price was updated to $49. :( oh well.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  3. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

depends on the price. wish we had some other idea of stretch goals so I would know what other packs like this will be up for sale. I am not really interested in mounts.

4. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I am pretty sure the cost and details of the Barn will be online this evening.

To be honest, if this is the best and most effective route into paying for and nailing down all of the benefits and access for E2, its a 'no brainer' for me. Its always been the case that each episode has to be paid for. We know now more than ever they have to be funded. So its a fairly simple equation.

What I find intriguing is the E2 'early access' statement.

5. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

yeah but would still prefer to have more options.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Am i the only one around here that tried to buy it for 0 USD in the knowledge it wouldn't work but that was sligthly disapointed that it really didn't work ^^?

I like the house. It's something different.

7. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

No, i did as well :)

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

My kingdom for a barn!!

9. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Port should have an E2 stretch goal to scrap the death penalty. Even if it were $250k I bet they'd achieve it :)

10. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Whoo...! $49 that aint half bad you know! I'm happy with that.

I'm however pausing before clicking as it says - COMING SOON IN A FUTURE RELEASE!! ..which is a bit confusing, the offer or the goods? (we know E2 is in the future?) I need that clarified.

Plus I want to hear about it tonight, but I'm all in otherwise.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Jaesun like this.
  11. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

Add in fix the quest system, and I might put a whole months paycheck towards it!

12. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

It is already! :)

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  13. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

Sorry if I spoil the party - but as much as I like red barns in New England, it doesn’t fit any of Novia’s local themes. It’s neither “Viking”, nor “asian-medieval-fusion”, nor medieval. The closest period would be Victorian I guess.
    It would be nice if instead of an US barn we would see Viking, western medieval and Japanese (or Chinese) barns...

14. Brian4

Brian4 Avatar

Holy Hell I'm tightening up my overhauls and putting down my beer time for me to sell my crops Yeehaw!

15. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I get you, but much of SOTAs architecture is a bit of an eclectic muddle isn't it? I get its iconic in the US. However... I remain pretty buzzed about it, mainly because of the association of this with the E2 stuff, the title (Visionary) also aint half bad either... But all that said, the Barn looks to be a very large Village property, i'm interested to know the space it may bring relative to my current cosy village abode.
    Plus, I see horses grazing outside it, barns are associated with livestock.. I'm getting wildly carried away but i'm seeing a link...

16. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

What a bummer. I have been waiting years for a new Barn to replace the old Barn (I missed out on) since I role play as a stable-master in Estgard. It was gonna be a no brainer for me and was going to be an instant buy. I am very disappointed by the big Red Barn and agree that it just doesn't fit the look of the world. It surely will not fit the look in Estgard if I setup the big red Barn on my corner. Sadly, I am going to pass on this. :(

17. Floors

Floors Avatar

I'm tired of having to use the stupid fleet flute every 30 seconds just to move at a halfway decent pace around. Lets get mounts in the game people !

Having said that, I don't have anywhere to put this barn. It would be nice if you could make more row lot houses, since those are the cheap and easy deeds available.

Kain Darkmoor likes this.
  18. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Ugh the barn looks totally out of place like it's wandered in from a totally different game by accident.

Am hoping there are more appealing stretch goal purchases in the pipeline as at present they are all a big "thanks but no thanks" for me. Unicorn masks ??? Really ?????

Grimbone likes this.
  19. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Jens_T

Yea, I don't know what sells, because I don't have the numbers. But I think most players really prefer role-play type stuff and stuff that feels not so much out of place, as a general rule anyway. A lot of that stuff we get in game through the crafting system, but there's still room in the add-on store for some of it.

20. Floors

Floors Avatar

Out of place like "Asian", "Viking" and "Kobold"? Who cares about a NE barn at this point, there's freaking moontowers in the game. This game is not even close to trying to be historically accurate to any period be it 12th century, 14th century, 16th century or what ? Look at the hats, wedding outfits, clockwork armor, the star wars stuff... I mean now the barn is a step too far ? Hah !

Apollo32, Witcheypoo and Elwyn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.