Sell/Trade Containers with Contents

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Tirrag, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

It would be nice to be able to sell on vendors and trade containers with contents included. The mechanism to examine an individual item to see its crafting detail already exists and could potentially be utilized to see the container contents. Also existing is the ability to lock an item into your inventory and you cant remove it. This mechanism might be able to be used to double-click a container on a vendor or in a trade window to bring up the contents for review.

Not being able to sell or trade containers with contents makes trading or selling prepackaged goods very difficult. While not necessary, this would be a great feature to have.

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I agree. I have been asking for us to at least be able to sell the little bags with items and also to be able to trade them between players for years. Imo this is a much needed improvement to the game.

The work around to not having sellable bags is we have vendors with tons of items that we cannot sell in sets and we have to sell pieces of paper saying we will give the goods when notified.

This imo is not a good work around to actually allowing players to just buy the bags of goods.

So For example w could then sell a 'complete set of chain mail armor', a complete set of songs with all 8 parts', ballroom gown & accessories, living room sets and on and on. Perhaps sell-able bags of goods have a limit of items that can be placed in them. We also need to make them dyable.

@Devs please, please, please finally give in and make this happen.

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

and dye tubs like Ultima Online had would be so cool. I have named a chest a dye tub but it is just one that holds the dyes I have crafted. At least if we had an asset that looked like a dye tub to store our dyes in that would be great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Also hair dye would be an awesome thing for us to do. Anything that allows us to each look a little different.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  3. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

@majoria70 ,

You almost make me cry when I see those bags and dye tubs. Brings back some really happy times.

majoria70 likes this.
  4. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

With the concept of being able to sell right off mannequins gaining ground, I would like to revisit this post.

All of the pieces to accomplish selling a container with contents are there. Having already existing functionality has been the determining factor for new functionality due to the agile sprints. The ability to see inside a container. The ability to lock the container and not allow the contents to be removed. The ability to CTRL inspect items. Storing of a container with items in another container. With a little UI work these already existing features could be combined to allow selling and trading of containers with contents.

Selling directly off a mannequin is a completely new system with limited use-cases and significantly _less_ value than being able to sell/trade containers with contents.