Sequanna quest clear odd behavior.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by vulcanjedi, Jul 11, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

Two years back I remember getting stuck at the final barrier due to issues with summoning Samael. So when I finished it yesterday I streamed it so I could record it. Sorry for the poor quality.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1082644635
    When I finally got to Sequanna and went through all her dialog Samael disappeared. The Summon Samael did not work while I was there. I had to go back to Muriel where he was standing and go through Muriel and Samael's dialog to get him to follow me again.
    When I got back to Sequanna I was able to go through her dialog and Sam's and finally clear it.
    This was the only virtue quest that was buggy. Another thing was trying to right click an enemy and command Sam to attack did not seem to work.
    And yeah for the 800,000 XP :)

Elgarion and FrostII like this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@vulcanjedi I have a few questions and comments.
    1. In the video, is this a newer character or the same one from two years ago? I think it's the same one and you're coming back to try and finally finish this quest, but I want to be sure.
    2. I saw you had a whistle for Samael when you went into Malice. Was this a new whistle or from two years ago? This might be important because there were some changes to the Samael whistles a few months ago. You might also have some old quest data.
    3. You mentioned that your summoned Samael disappeared while talking to Sequanna. WHat's supposed to happen is that your whistle-companion Samael disappears and a "normal" non-whistle Samael appears near Sequanna. (This change happens partly to facilitate the non-whistle version talking to Sequanna.) For you, the "swap" didn't happen and the non-whistle version didn't appear. I'm not sure why, except if you were picking up a very old quest then maybe some of the your quest data was old.
    4. You mentioned going back to Muriel to get Samael to follow you again. A few months ago, I made a change to Muriel which included her removing all Samael whistles from the player's inventory (some players incorrectly had more than one, and some acted broken) and gave the one correct whistle for Malice. You did the perfect thing here and got your whistle replaced by Muriel, who might have also corrected some quest data.
    5. I'm not sure why Samael wouldn't be commanded to fight, although I do know that he's got special AI rules that are a little different than normal "pets." Maybe that's something for a programmer to look into.

3. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

This was a new account/character I created a year ago. As I had some issues with Sam on my main then I wanted to save the attempt when I did it again. I think it was only a month before this when I met up in Spite and got the quest to meet him at Malice.

I don't think I actually used the whistle to summon Sam I do know that when I couldn't find him using the whistle did not work.

When I went back to Muriel he was there. I didn't have to summon him. Just had to talk to Muriel.

His AI is odd he did a lot of running away and healing my pet instead of attacking.

Thanks
    vj

4. Sannio

@vulcanjedi , thanks for the update.

I looked into the Samael/whistle issue and couldn't find the source of the issue. Thankfully the steps you took corrected the issue.

Regarding Samael's behavior, I don't completely understand our AI system, but sounds like he wasn't attacking because his priority is healing. Can anyone else confirm this, or contradict it if Samael more often will drop his "natural instincts" and fight when commanded?

vulcanjedi likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I haven’t seen such behavior with him when setting him to hostile. There might be something wacky where he just isn’t getting set to hostile even though you select it.

vulcanjedi likes this.
  6. Sannio

That's an interesting thought. Maybe if you selected hostile multiple times, it didn't take, so next time try setting something other than hostile then back to hostile and see if his behavior is corrected.

vulcanjedi and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.