Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Serpent Spine mines, beautiful but.....

Discussion in 'Release 40 Feedback Forum' started by Anvar, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

As the title say, beautiful zone, some great new features, but its not really a miners mine anymore.
    The nodes are scattered all over and the time it takes to gather them means this wont end up being a popular mine.

Maybe Ive missed a hidden tunnel, Ive released 2 landslides giving routes back up and been down the central shaft , I made it to the bottom jumping down and scaling the side walls and going back up the pipe.

I then went down when it was flooded and killed the lich but died to the skeletons and checked out behind as a ghost.

Ive checked out the side passages in the main shaft that lead to Equitas/Spindrift , the only place Ive not been so far is the 2nd floor down, the locked steam valve controled door with the skeleton behind it, not worked out how to get in there but I suspect its the way back up from behind the lich which I didnt discover.

In short love the new features etc but there should be a couple of better mining areas, ie side tunnels off near where the passage doors are with rooms with 5/6 ore nodes and a guardian or 2. Also the bottom floor, make some more explosive barrels that blow open some more rockfalls opening up other areas.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

resolute sewers

Almar likes this.
  3. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

i think nodoby tested it before launch....

4. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Ahh nice thanks, saves me looking all over for another passage that doesnt exist then....

In that case other than assuming everyone can recall is suicide to the lich and skeletons meant to be the only way out of the pit ?

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  5. Della kit

Della kit Avatar

I wondered this as well. I killed the mobs and it looked like maybe there was a way to break the rocks behind the ankh to get out, but naturally the mobs would respawn again so eventually I gave up. Perhaps we can drain the water out or there is some other way out of the pit, but I figured it was more work than it was worth.

6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Well I can't kill the mobs at the bottom.. and the non-spawning breakable paths and difficulty in getting around down below makes it a pain in the butt. I mean I love the features and variety of the place but the only decent mining spot I've been able to find is this pit of hell at the bottom there's no way out of.. and I can't kill anything down there at nearly level 60. And I've been looking for 2 hours!

This is more of an interesting dungeon than a mine now. I like it but I can't say I have much use for it now apart from getting some amethyst up top. This used to be my source of iron.. now as a mine it's kind of disappointing.. even if there were more nodes up top you get swarmed by water elementals and slimes..

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    Malkhelm, Maltese, Vrunk Hrrk and 5 others like this.
  7. KnownInGameAsGeorge

KnownInGameAsGeorge Avatar

I just finished checking it out. Was on my way to make a very similar post to your own.

The area is a very attractive place to adventure, and if I was runing around with a team killing and looting everything maybe it would be good, but as a place for me to go and work a mine it is not good.

Now that I have enjoyed exploring it, there is not much reason to go back there. As mentioned above, this was my goto place for iron, it had good nodes available and was fun to mine.

Plus, I also found it annoying that I couldnt get to some places after the wooden walkway fell down. It is an interesting effect, but if it blocks my access by not being there, there needs to be simple enough alternate access or it needs to respawn the timber in thirty seconds so I can try the jump again.

Maltese, Sentinel2, uhop and 2 others like this.
  8. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Agreed, interesting but not a mining area and no real reason to revisit.

You can still go to those places with some careful jumping ;)

Maltese and uhop like this.
  9. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

If you get to the bottom of the pit carefully by sliding down the rocks on the edge before you flood it theres a pipe with a skeleton in it that you can click that takes you back to the surfaace, maybe theres another entrance into that pipe when its flooded, I didnt look, if not there needs to be .

10. uhop

uhop Avatar

I wrote about it at length in dev+. So I just want to highlight that other people noted the same problems too, in the same vein:
    • Beautiful design for an adventure area, but it is not a mine.
      • Ore concentration is too low to be a working mine.
      • Open spaces at the ground level help enemies to swarm increasing fights, reducing mining.
      • We only have 6 (six) mines. Only three (?) of them had iron ore. Now we lost an iron ore mine (-33%), and gained one of many adventure areas for a casual fighting (+~1%?).
    • Breakable walkways are neat, but ultimately have no other purpose then to be a nuisance.
      • One-way walkways require a scene reset, which is a major hassle.
      • Even minor mistakes are punished severely.
    • Re-playability of this area is on par with good adventure areas --- we will enjoy going there once in a while. But...
      • Going there to mine on daily basis is unwarranted now.
      • Puzzle-solving works a) the very first time, when we solve puzzles, b) when in a few month we forget about those enjoyable puzzle, and want to re-solve them.
      • Solving the same puzzle on a daily basis is boring: it is good for an adventure area rarely visited, but bad for a mine, which is visited daily/weekly.

11. Della kit

Della kit Avatar

Did you try blink? That worked for me, but that was annoying when I was in my physical deck (plate) because the fizzle was too high. So then I would switch to magic deck and blink around that stuff.

12. KnownInGameAsGeorge

KnownInGameAsGeorge Avatar

No, I never blink. But that is a fair suggestion, I suppose I could make a deck for that.

13. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

I'll go at it from the opposite side. I don't care much about mining, but the talk about it being a decent adventure zone got me to take a look.

One way paths stink. Especially before you figure out how to get to the bottom alive.

And then again the bottom is a lich with a boss bundle, but he's infinitely easier than the room behind him with the 3 skeletons (only once In the hour I was there they didn't spawn as ranged mobs and the archers run at reset to spawn speed). Which have a fastish respawn and almost always in pairs. I held the room for awhile as melee al85 but there's no reason to go down there and no miner could get anything done with that spawn.

I don't see any good to the zone it's not rewarding as either a mine or dungeon.

Maltese, Anvar, Della kit and 3 others like this.
  14. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I'm hoping there will be improvements here. either it's a mine or it's not. I am concerned with the uncloning of other mines now. It's already rough spending countless hours fighting and mining. But to reduce our ability even more. I don't see it as a positive improvement :/

Like I said. I'm hopeful for future tweaking...

15. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i misremembered: brittany sewers, not resolute!

uhop and Alexander like this.
  16. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

or more precisely, it is the part of Brittany sewers that is accessible from the Brittany Graveyard.

uhop and Alley Oop like this.
  17. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I found the valve for it when I first went in, but it took some time to rediscover it. The screen shot should help. You have to go along that catwalk with the collapsing boards. The steam value is close to the elevator and when you turn it, you will hear the door open. And that door actually leads to the Brittany Sewers. I have not figured out how to get passed the blocked passage where the Lich is. Either that passage way is incomplete and Port intentionally blocked it, they forgot about it and don't realize it is blocked, or there must be yet another way around it. I haven't figured that part out yet.

Door leading to Brittany Sewers. The valve to open it is to the right along that catwalk. The valve is close to the elevator at the end
    [​IMG]

18. cyathome

cyathome Avatar

I still have Spectral Mines to use for gathering so I can give them a pass for ruining this 'mine'..... but, if they ruin Elysium when uncloning it I will be mighty bummed!

discipleofweb and Vrunk Hrrk like this.
  19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I really hope they don't ruin the Elysium mine.

discipleofweb likes this.
  20. Della kit

Della kit Avatar

Elysium is my favorite mine so I admit I've been spending more time there as that portion of the update was delayed.

This is something I hope they address on a much larger scale before launch; balancing risk/cost vs reward for various scenes and named bosses - whether it is is solo or group based. I don't think risk of debt (especially at our high level), damage to gear, or cost of regs is being fully considered just yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.