1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Server relocation successful!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Feb 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

I'd go for splitting off each level instance onto it's own micro-server to reduce the amount of garbage to be collected at once.

Remember physical server != Server Software. You can run hundreds of micro-server instances on a single physical server. This would reduce GC time substantially.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  2. Floors

Floors Avatar

Sounds good. Love hearing from players I've played with who also are technical. Great !

3. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

I also just remembered another measure that can be taken. Move as much data as possible to an object-base (dynamic data) or a separate http server (static data) to reduce the amount of data the server is keeping in the cache. Of course this will actually take longer to implement because it requires coding changes across the board, not just in the server software launch scripts.

4. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Can't they just buy more hamsters?

5. Floors

Floors Avatar

Also, containerize all the things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.