Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Shadows improve when the Distance is lowered?

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Crazy Phil, Jun 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

06/22/2019 14:09
    Title: Shadows improve when the Distance is lowered?
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: There is a circle around the camera where shadows go from crisp to blurred. At Maximum "Shadow Distance," this was really easy to see and very close to the character. When I dropped the Distance, the circle got further away... meaning crisp shadows could be seen for a longer distance before becoming blurred. Returning to Maximum... everything is blurred now? The High setting looks crisper than Very High. I did not receive a notification about restarting if that is necessary. Right now "High" has the best looking shadows out of the other options.
    Steps to Reproduce: Log in with Maximum "Shadow Distance", 3rd person camera with character centered on screen, find a shadow of leaves from a tree on the ground, zoom in and out and move the camera to see the shadow-blur "edge", switch Shadow Distance settings and watch the changes.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16276
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.QA.Win.64.842.Date.06.21.19
    Area: SolaceBridge_Starter/WithTutorial
    Area Display Name: Battle of Solace Bridge
    Loc: (-145.5, 79.2, 71.7)
    Debug: U29sYWNlQnJpZGdlX1N0YXJ0ZXJ8V2l0aFR1dG9yaWFsfCgtMTQ1LjQ2OCwgNzkuMjE2LCA3MS43NDQpfCgwLCAwLjUyNiwgMCwgMC44NSl8LTIxMC4zMTYzfDQyLjcwNTYzfDcuMjgyOTEy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.