Shadow's Rest - A POT for New Players

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Rosemourne, Oct 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

@KuJoe I have a row lot that I can mark as available. If you want your row home to be somewhere else, please let me know and I'll be happy to place a plot there.

Time Lord and KuJoe like this.
  2. KuJoe

KuJoe Avatar

That would be awesome. I'm not picky. :)

Is there a primary area people like to hang out? I wandered around Shadow's Rest most of the night but didn't see any other peoples out. :(

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Tullius

Tullius Avatar

Hello, I would like to use one of your houses and be a citizen of Shadow's Rest.
    It's a great Idea and a nice beginning to be welcomed by such a friendly community :)
    And then I have another question, I can't deliver my quest items. For example the painting of the young lady. It's on my item list but not on the right list; items to give. Is this a bug or am I very stupid?
    My username Ingame is Decius Mettellus.
    And now the sweet kitten :)
    [​IMG]

4. Gilmaldarim

Gilmaldarim Avatar

Hi! I would love to help out in your town if you got a lot left over for me! It doesnt matter what type of building just longing for a home.
    In game name Gilmaldarim
    [​IMG]

5. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

Hioh everyone,

I've had to downsize Shadow's Rest temporarily while I deal with life events. This shouldn't impact my play time or my services to new players, just that I won't have as many homes to offer to new players for a while. No players lost their homes in this downsize (Though players who were over 60 days inactive were pushed to the inn). I still have inn space available, though row homes are now all claimed. I plan on rebuilding Shadow's Rest in the future when this blows over, so please be patient :)

I will continue to maintain my guides, update the recipe location, XP and crafting calculators, and transcribe the telethons.

On a side note, I am pleased to say that this month Shadow's Rest has pushed over 2.5 million gold in rent saved to players and over 4 million gold saved through rent, recipe teaching, and free armour :) Not in the slightest thanks to donations from the community and the assistance of players like @Justyn04, @Sara Dreygon, @Andartianna, and the many other amazing Hospitallers!

Justyn04 and Sara Dreygon like this.
  6. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time Rosemourne. Please reach out off I can help in any way

7. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I can't wait until after the first of the year when you're here with us in the states!!!

Astor Cerberus likes this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

@Rosemourne Sending you wishes for better days soon. Take care and it is lovely things you do for this game.

Now I do think that a comment could be added to the advertisement of this game such as this: "To those new to New Britannia look for the nearest Inn to hang your hat".

But now we just need features where travelers can actually just register at an Inn on their own. I am trying to figure that out myself. I know we have cache chests but to have some passer-by just be able to go to the registration desk and register and pick a room would be totally awesome to me but we cannot give out keys to those people.

It would be great if the registrar was a vendor who sold keys to the rooms and you had a certain amount of keys (15 rooms is what we have)for the rooms you have and they were numbered. The player buys the key and unlocks the door and the room recognizes that player as the room owner.

Now our Inns only have 15 rooms each but I also have mine on a town lot and have a 5 story stone basement which gives 2 more nice sized rooms per floor. For those who don't want renters they could make their Inn Private like if they are going to use it for something else.

jolanar likes this.
  9. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

Shadow's Rest has changed ownership. However, I am still offering services to players. Now, and in the future, players can now choose their own town to live in while occupying a tax-free home provided by me. Additionally, I will soon have my vendors back up for players to use free of charge. Lastly, the training grounds and public gardens will be moving to Organized Chaos Sanctum, located next to Organized Chaos.

I will be updating this post when I have more time to do so (Probably this weekend)

Sonja likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.