Shall we do a big market day right after release?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Earl Atogrim von Draken, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

You know, like coming together, sell stuff to potential noobs for good prices, help them and so on.
    Just throwing the idea into the room for anybody to pick up. At the moment I got no time on my hands to organise it myself :-/ otherwise I would do it.

2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Is the adv lvl 16 trade restriction going to affect this event?

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Oh. Good point.

4. Grimace2

Grimace2 Avatar

Does this mean (in the current release) an Avatar must be level 16 Adventure Level to trade with another Avatar?

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yes. It must be to protect new avatars from having their Rares scammed, as that's the only thing that I could see them having worth any value.

Hmmmm.... I think it's a good idea. I like the Crossroads Pallisades Mall, but it's too far from the starting areas. What they really need is more than gear (other than a new weapon) is a place to sell, and someone answering questions.

Heck, Vic, my experimental character, is still using his starting gear (except weapon and wold hat) and he's 20 hours in. But he's always got wood and ore he needs to sell. And Vlad has a tough time keeping up with influx of player selling things to him, and I imagine all the starter area players will.

So if anyone wants to come to the Factorium and give advice + buy resources at a reasonable price, feel free to. If you are doing that and want to offer gear for sale, go for it.

Now, a question on rules, can we offer to buy resources in local chat in the starting towns? Like can I sometimes go into Resolute and say, "Hey, I'm picking up a load of resources for the Factorium, does anyone want to sell me some wood or ore?" Is that allowed, what are the specific rules on doing so?

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think that it's more likely to prevent people from creating a new avatar, giving all the starting items to another account, deleting the avatar, creating a new avatar, ....

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Most of it isn't tradeable anyway. Scrolls, tools. I'm not sure about the gear, but the weapons are junk, only the armor would be any good, if it's path of courage armor.

Elwyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.