Shard Fall Incentives

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Zeddicus Zorander, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

Notice: This idea is in no way meant to prioritize PVP but simply to provide a risk-reward incentive to go into PVP areas.

Shard Falls are the focus of this conversation, the exact numbers used are flexible obviously.

To incentivize players who respond well to risk-rewards I'd like to propose the idea of 3X harvestable nodes in Shard Fall areas.

The only benefit would be a higher return per node it would be the same nodes as any where else, just a slight backstory and yield increase.

When you are in these PVP areas and you are harvesting materials you gain a debuff during harvesting.

The reason you'd receive the debuff is to promote group play in these areas, you'd need a body guard to protect you while harvesting. Credit: @xog

The nodes would include high concentration of ore nodes caused by the shard fall excavation of the land, the magical properties of the shard also caused the flora nodes to become crystaline by nature, which in turn caused the fauna to become crystaline by feeding off the flora.

There would be no reward without risk because of the debuff and possibability of becoming involved in a PVP fight.

2. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

There is already a bonus in shardfalls for rare components...

Cordelayne likes this.
  3. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

Really? What patch note does it say this?

4. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

This happened a very long time ago, maybe a year - I cant remember the exact patch to be honest.

5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I would actually be in favor or shardfall mobs and ressource nodes to drop "Obsidian Fragments" which a trader in x area (hey why not blood bay) would trade them for any kind of item the devs would accept to trade in for. You would lose 10% of your fragements on death, and a player would loot this 10% if he killed you. That would create a real added incentive to go to Shardfalls and could result in real random pvp. i know that it would make me go there with a friend or 2 for sure, farming for that "special something" available there.

Antrax Artek and Dhanas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.