Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Shared agriculture resources (beds, greenhouses etc), not stating who planted what?

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Steevodeevo, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Hi all,

There's a raised bed of mature plants ready for harvest in our shared agriculture area and I'm fairly sure I didn't plant them, HOWEVER .. it's confusing to my feeble brain as currently as far as I can see mature plants on a shared resource don't state who planted them!

Obviously only those allowed access the facility by the owner can sow and harvest so theft is fairly unlikely, but accidents are bound to happen as people lose track of who planted what. Lets hope they fix it soon.

If there is a way to tell who planted what, someone do please let me know as that would be awesome.

Thanks.

2. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

@Steevodeevo
    As a workaround you might have to place notes on the ground with the corresponding info’s (e.g. avatars assigned to certain planting beds) as I do not think there is an easy fix for it. E.g. the devs could create a mechanic that is locking public parcel after someone planted a seed…but this might get troublesome if someone is staying away for a longer time blocking all parcels with his plants.
    Sharing an agriculture area you simply have to trust each other and I’m not that sure if it would be that good if we would try to change it. ;)

3. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Hi Lars, the note is a good idea. The concern is not theft, its confusion and errors. If in the end someone neglects to harvest, then someone can do it for them or indeed take it and stash it for themselves, its just in a very large agricultural set up, much can go wrong in terms of who planted what.

I wouldn't want any elaborate locks and settings, just a hover over the plant details as to who planted it would do, after that its down to the individual. Given crafted items store the maker's name, I would hope plants showing the gardener who planted could be fairly straight forward. Anyone could still water or harvest.

4. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Oh and just to mention it hand crafted wood signs might be even better for this purpose as notes are not editable. ;)

Steevodeevo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.