Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Shield skill > [Dig In] video proof included.

Discussion in 'Release 33 Bug Forum' started by EmmieShadow, Sep 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barmcake

Barmcake Avatar

NEEDS FIXING STILL: No visible timer shown on the skill itself. Dig in seems to be using durability of equipped weapon and shield as a timer.

RESOLVED this part: > You cannot get out of stance unless you use mouse to right click the active skill to dismiss the skill directly. (Not sure if that was intended or not.)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  2. Alcedes

Alcedes Avatar

Testudo is also doing this.

Vox Aquila, margaritte and ZeCarlos like this.
  3. Darek Trond

Darek Trond Avatar

yep i can confirm that behavior and its annoying.

Vox Aquila, lollie and margaritte like this.
  4. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

This is still an issue in 480. @Attenwood @Serafina Glad to know you can dismiss the Dig In skill by clicking, I have just not been using it.

Vox Aquila likes this.
  5. Barmcake

Barmcake Avatar

#493 still happening... Dig In. Resorted to not playing until its fixed. Been logging in on new update/patches to test & see if fixed.

Vox Aquila likes this.
  6. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I can mouse or keyboard move now to break the dig in effect. For me, the issue has been resolved as of 493.

Vox Aquila likes this.
  7. Barmcake

Barmcake Avatar

Still happening in #500 Dig In skill just sit and watch your durability go down on weapon and shield it seems its a longer gap before it drops down but its still happening.

Vox Aquila likes this.
  8. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

I think this should be moved to the Bug thread. Please keep updating if the issue continues.

I am going to post it there with a link to this thread.

EmmieShadow likes this.
  9. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

As I understand it, this skill is working as intended, @EmmieShadow. You "dig in" and until you decide (or are forced) to break the stance, by moving or by dismissing the skill through the UI, you and your party are granted a buff at the expense of your shield durability. I do not think this skill is meant to have a timer. I have submitted the durability loss issue for review, in case that is not intended :D

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    Vox Aquila and Cordelayne like this.
  10. Barmcake

Barmcake Avatar

Sigh I guess no one listens or reads. Nothing more disheartening when people don't read things and constantly tell you that you are wrong. So I will attempt again at explaining. I am going by the info provided from the skill. As far as I am able to understand it states 5.9% damage avoidance for 29 seconds! OH ITS A TIMER! I am tired of people telling me I am wrong so unless the whole skill is wrong in having that written on the skill itself then I don't know. *flabbergasted*
    [​IMG] This picture shows with skill turned off my avoidance is 16%

[​IMG]
    This picture shows with skill turned on avoidance 22%

The skill is working by its giving you the damage avoidance %
    but there is no timer on display for when damage avoidance % runs out / expires because its not working! It runs indefinitely at cost of durability to your WEAPON (yes weapon) AND SHIELD. Maybe now everyone will understand there is a bug or problem with the skill? Or maybe its my idiotic way of explaining things, the skill does not state it damages your weapon or shield so to me all this is a bug.

By the way THIS IS FOR RELEASE #520 16/12/2016 (from UK)

11. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

From Sep 3 she has tried to address this bug and I know that frustration about this has kept her away from SotA. I find it unbelievable that this issue still exists...

Edit: @Attenwood @Berek please move this to bug report R37

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  12. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

This is not just frustrating her. I know others that are complaining. I think the silence is also adding to the frustration. Please @Chris @Attenwood @Berek Can someone at least respond and, better yet, resolve the issue. Thank you guys.

13. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

update it in the new bug reports since this is 4 reelases old and archived. they have im0lemented bug brigade since hen so things are different.

14. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

This issue has been submitted for review in a previous release, but has not yet been assigned a bug ID. I will submit it again for review, both the timer AND the durability issues. I got a notification for this because I had previously posted here, @EmmieShadow, but if the issue persists across releases, it's best to start a new thread in the appropriate sub forum. Thanks so much for bringing this up again :D

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  15. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I
    I LOVE Your avatar pic!

16. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

I've submitted the bug for Dig In not having a cooldown timer despite the description saying it has a cooldown. (Bug #38666)

@EmmieShadow I'm sorry we did not get to your bug until now. Please note that in the future, we ask that you make a separate bug post for a separate issue. New bugs can get buried under multiple replies to a thread, so that it why your new bug got missed.

17. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

@Serafina I am not native English speaker so I might be wrong but I think that cool down was not the main issue. Just saying before @EmmieShadow loses her nerves about this game last time....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.