1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Shooter Jennings "Shooter" Album Release Party - July 31

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jul 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Engel

Engel Avatar

Great party The decorations were amazingggggggg all the castle was well decorated each part a job of titan congratulations !
    25 persons won rather than one i think because it was impossible for Shooter to see all of us with a trade window 25 vs 1 24 other are happy today .
    I did the quest without hope for a prize i cant be the first it's impossible my time to download the patch is insane and i did the atavist quest in first .
    It was a great event thank you for the beautiful evening .

Brugas and calkano (PAX) like this.
  2. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

Since the other thread disappeared.

The party was great fun, and it is really neat that Shooter launched his album and played it for us in game - it is part of what makes this little world special.

As for the quest, while I was not interested in prizes or expecting them, I can see why there is angst about it. If a quest is going to be run where only X number of people get a prize, it would be beneficial to not run the quest so only the first X number of people to complete it after server up get the prize. This encourages rush behavior and is not practical for 2/3 of the player base, who are either sleeping or are at normal working hours when the server goes up (since this is a global server). In 2018, no player should feel the need to rush into the game at server up to be eligible for something.

Instead, perhaps do a random drawing where a random 20 players who completed the quest won a prize - I have to imagine there is a database pull that could have provided the list of players who completed the quest.

3. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

Yeah, I'm still confused. Was it the first 25 people who finished it on Release day or the first 25 people who spoke to Shooter at the party?
    If it was the later than I had no way in heck of having a chance since I work during the day. But like I said in the other post it was a neat quest and fun party time! I was even amazed what little lag we had. Boy, improvements are showing!!

4. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I was late to the party, never knew about the 25 limit for rewards (though I did not know the words or nor did I do the quest, so it didn't really matter to myself)... but I managed to find the main instance (I think) and things were pretty smooth overall! Great party, I had fun for the hour I was there!

5. Smegatron

Smegatron Bug Hunter

So her's the MOD in game... Same text that appeared during the party. It clearly says "the first 25 people who completed the quest, came to the party, and gave Shooter the the phrase won". Many of us had no opportunity to give anything to Shooter since we could not find him.

[​IMG]

Don't get me wrong... The music was great and the decorations were amazing. But there were a lot of disappointed players in the way the instances and prizes were handled. All I am asking is that this be acknowledged, and used to improve future events.
    :)

6. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

Edited - misunderstood your context. My apologies.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the first.

i didn't know that either, at the time. it actually seems like a better solution than the troubles they had with the first shooter event, since no one had to fight instancing to win and everyone who completed it got the xp so no one came away with NOTHING.

but yeah, still not completely fair.

8. Vas Corp Por

Vas Corp Por Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hello Avatars and Shooter fans! Firstly, thanks to everyone involved in the coordination of and everyone who participated in the Shooter Album Release Party!

We had an overwhelming response to the event and the quest leading up to it (200+ people!). Shooter was gracious enough to meet several players to deliver them prizes, but we kept the number he'd personally meet to the first 25 who completed the quest as to not overwhelm our special guest, and to let him enjoy his own album release party.

We have a list of everyone who completed the quest before the start of the party (7:00 P.M CST last night). There are enough prizes to give away to these people.

@Serafina has already begun compiling and reading through that list in order for us to mail all those people (185 people) prizes by hand. Everyone will still be receiving 2 items via in-game mail.

Thanks so much to everyone who participated in an unforgettable event!

9. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Thanks for coming up with this plan @Vas Corp Por and @Serafina !

10. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Thank you for this kind gesture for all who participated in the quest!

P.S. I DO understand how massive a task it is to coordinate an event of this magnitude.
    Kudos to @DarkStarr @Serafina @List Rostov & @Chris for all of your efforts in bringing us content.

11. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

That is very generous of you. Thank you.

Does this happen to include new wax cylinders?

12. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

yes

13. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Thanks to both of you for this.

Brugas, Synergy Blaize and FrostII like this.
  14. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

@DarkStarr you know you're music man. Respect.

Brugas likes this.
  15. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I'm all for rare items and glad to hear the party was a hit. My only constructive complaint is please let us know details like "only the first 25 people to complete the quest will be rewarded prizes" in advance for future parties/events. (Unless that was stated prior and I just missed it).

FrostII and Brugas like this.
  16. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

@DarkStarr ,@Serafina , @Vas Corp Por and @Lord British with deep gratitude for not just the party last night but for your hearing ears and the desire to make what was a hurtful area right. You wiped the slate smooth and for that I truly appreciate that.

I glance to the last post by @By Tor and face the blue writing in his signature which states ..."We Travel As One". That is what your actions have said to me in this post today: Indeed.....We Travel As One". That is another great reason I love this game and all of you who work so hard to provide this game. Thank you.

CatherineRose

17. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Perfectly & eloquently said @CatherineRose

& @DarkStarr Thank you! The slate has been wiped clean :)

18. Yolo SoLive

Yolo SoLive Avatar

Thank you so much. I have to say- I really enjoyed last night - just being with the community and the music was quite good! Thank you everyone! and loved your music Shooter!

CatherineRose and Brugas like this.
  19. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Where would Shooter like the music to be purchased from?

Is Amazon ok?

20. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I would guess whatever he lists on his website would be the best option for him and his team?

Proteus Tempest likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.