Shops

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by blueConjurer, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blueConjurer

blueConjurer Avatar

what kind of shop would you like to open?
    A Book store?
    Blacksmith?
    Carpenter?
    Leather worker?
    Baker?
    Me a Bar/Pub where brew my own alcohol weak and strong

2. Lord_Peregrine

Lord_Peregrine Avatar

I plan on opening a business, but right now I'm open. There are too many questionable issues right now for me to make a decision.

3. Gamer3427

Gamer3427 Avatar

I'm just curious as to how the player-shop system will work. Will the player have an NPC run it who sells items based off of what category it is, or will the player have to physically run the shop and sell out of either their personal inventory or a "shop" inventory that they place items into? Will you have to stock the items in the shop by buying/crafting/looting them, or will it have a restocking system that the player doesn't have to be involved in? Or will it all be some combination of these, such as having certain items restock themselves, but the player can personally supply rarer items, all while hiring an NPC to run the shop while the player is away?

On top of the mechanics of how the shop works, how will the profit to it work? Is it all based off of how much the shop sells to other players, or will it have a static amount that it makes, which is supplemented by what players buy from it?

The shop system in this game is what caught my attention the most, and as such is what I'm most worried about.....

To answer the OP's question and get back on topic, I plan on being more of a general goods merchant, and making my in game wages by traveling and trading in various locals, with a shop in a major city to sell my rarer goods from.......

4. Hightower

Hightower Avatar

Emporium

Metalworks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.