1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Short Duration Crafting Buff potions

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Jefe, Feb 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Have you considered the idea of short duration crafting booster potions? Concept being 10-20 second boost to masterwork or enchant?

Could potentially do this for sub-options (mw blade); however, would need to consider if the potion ran out during a re-rolling session.

This would be a consumable that would add additional resource sink to higher end gear.

FBohler and that_shawn_guy like this.
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Could be a 15-30 minute potion as well, to avoid that sort of issue.

Add that as specific loot from the turn in boxes and I think it's a great idea!

FBohler and that_shawn_guy like this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ooh! Make one that makes crafted potions stronger!

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Anpu likes this.
  5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

6. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

I dont think it would run out during re-rolling. From what I can tell, the effect "level" ie - 5.1 int/str/dex, etc its all locked in the moment you hit craft. Your re-rolling is just praying the RNG lets you get the effect you want. And honestly, there is not enough of a effect difference between levels to really matter. I did a really indepth test of enchant armor. I took enchantment to 170 (100% chance on 1st/2nd effects), Mastery to 150 (hoping for enough re-rolls to matter - it doesnt), and enchant armor to 180. Higher skills do not give enough boost to matter. There could be a potion that gives you +50 to whatever skill you get, and it wont honestly matter. The "higher" skills need re-working, a player putting over a billion XP into a crafting skill should be able to make something noticeably better than someone that dropped 25mill XP into the same skill. Currently, they dont. 180 enchant armor only means you wasted 2 bill XP.

I do like enchantment at 170, and that goes for the other Masterwork skills that effect the percentages. I do feel that 3rd effect is ok at 60%, the 4th effect is a little BS at 20%, and the 5th effect is also a little BS at 10%. Power creep is inevitable, crafters are/were supposed to be the "end all/ be all for armor and weapons" I still usually feel disappointed after crafting, because "whats the point" Why become one of the best crafters in the game, when there is no real difference between high level crafted gear and someone that has just been fooling around with it.

Sorry, if I feel like I am maybe dragging this thread to the side and being a downer, but crafting is my real passion. I (stupid as it may sound) enjoy taking all my stats and what I craft to see what is the "BEST" possible item I can craft, numbers and all, and trying to make it. Might blow through 1k or more ingots doing it, but I do.

As far as the potion goes, if it were ever introduced into the game, ya - I would use it. I would use it enough to fill out some new spreadsheets, and afterwards, I would look at the numbers and feel a little sad.

7. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I've looked at the numbers from your tests and you keep saying nothing matters. And I do agree that there is a definite point when the amount of xp does not generate enough boost to make much of a difference, but that is the games design. It's a soft cap system, I've played this game for hours almost everyday since persistence and my skills are no where near yours.

The same thing happens as an adventurer, and that is when your crafting skills actually start to matter. If I make a full set of crafted gear for a 150+ adv level player and you did the same, do you honestly think it wouldn't be noticeable for that player? I may be wrong, but I bet the boost would be pretty decent. All my skills are 120-130, I would kill to have 150-170 because even an extra half a point for any stat helps, once you start getting to the point where hours and hours of killing mobs hardly gives you enough xp to raise anything.

There has to be a point where things start to level off or combat would be insanely broken and we would all need to buy items from only you, or whoever has the highest skills. The current system isn't perfect by any means, but in my opinion, it's much better then a system where someone with your skills gets even more of a boost at those high levels.

Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
  8. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I think the main problem here is how gathering has meaningful progression even at the diminishing returns slope, while crafting per se doesn't.

I think the workaround for this would be crafting spec and/or a perk system that allows you to pick an enhancement every, say, 40 levels in each crafting skill. So every "regular" player would be able to pick 3 perks per skill while the dedicated crafters will get 4 benefits, which would give them the upper hand in their desired area.

Dirk Hammerstrike and Adam Crow like this.
  9. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Sounds good to me, I would love to see some type of crafting spec introduced to help make gaining those skills to 160+ really worth it.

Crafting has come a long ways from where it use to be, but it still has room for tons of improvements.

FBohler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.