Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Shortest Avatar causes interaction issues with environment, objects, & NPCs

Discussion in 'Release 33 Dev+' started by Nox Haven, Sep 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

Bug: Shortest Avatar causes interaction issues with environment, objects, & NPCs

Explanation: When I chose my female avatar I picked the smallest/shortest body type.

Since then I have had issues climbing up stairs. My character cannot walk up 70-90% of stairs that I come across without getting stuck at some point. This includes stairs within homes but usually stairs that are outside. Keep and Castle stairs are a good example, but by no means are the only place where I get stuck. I have to jump up through the stairs, but since there isn't much space it usually jumps up instead of forward to make it up to the top.

I went into other parts of the forums and confirmed that this issue (regarding the stairs only) isn't just me before I posted this bug report.

Also, I feel that the short avatar has caused the interaction distance to be shortened. i.e. opening doors, pulling levers, and interacting with NPCs. A good example of this is Clicking on the Banker lady at Harvest while standing in front of the bank kiosk/counter. I am unable to interact with the banker 85-95% of the time without actually opening the door and standing right next to her.

Finally, the last thing to check is that to interact with doors, people & levers, I have to move up right against target object/person and angle the interaction icon down wards toward the NPCs lower torso/feet to initiate an interaction. Now, this doesn't always happen with NPCs, but it is quite frequent with levers and especially doors. I feel this is also related to having the shortest avatar one can choose in the beginning.

This was present in r32 and is still present in r33.

User Specs:
    CPU: 3.4 GHz Intel i7 System memory: 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB
    SotA.EarlyAccess.OSX.64.479.Date.09.05.16

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    moko likes this.
  2. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

I wrote the above issue while playing on a Mac.

I just started playing on a decked out gaming PC and all the issues have disappeared. That being said, I know that I was not the only one experiencing the movement issues; some PC users experienced it too.

Could it be vid card rendering related?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.