Should sota get rid of health and focus enchants and masterworks?

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Mac2, Apr 23, 2017.

?

Does anyone ever want health or focus on enchants and masterworks?

1. No, I feel they are not worth the dura hit.

61.1%
  2. Yes, I think they are worth the dura hit.

38.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I feel they are not worth the durability hit, and reduce the possible chances to get the buffs one really wants. Everyone I talk to feels the same way. Even the low level players who get more health from them then they do from str, or more focus then they do from int, would rather have the stat as it does more then just add health and focus, like spell crit chance and damage and resist to cc.

Does anyone feel like these enchants and masterworks are worth it?

2. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

It could give a little chance to other options to get in... using hundred k's worth of ressource to make one good thing...and breakin everything trying so you cant sell something back... pretty much useless

Vox Aquila, kaeshiva and Mac2 like this.
  3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Nobody I have ever enchanted/masterworked anything for, ever, has wanted focus/health bonuses over the raw stats. Nothing is more frustrating than getting your three options come up as "health, less health, focus" - the piece of gear is in my opinion, ruined at that point. As now new options have been added to the pool of choices, these simply dilute the ability to get the stuff you want.

Take for example enchanting a gemmed wand:
    • Health,
    • Minor Health,
    • Focus,
    • Minor Focus
    • Strength,
    • Minor Strength
    • Int,
    • Minor Int
    • Dex,
    • Minor Dex
    • Attunement
    • Gem Bonus 1 (example - on-hit drain health)
    • Gem Gem Bonus 2 (example - deathray bonus)
    • Weapon Dura Effectiveness

That's 14 options, only 3 of which come up at a time.

At level 120 enchanting, success chance for 1st, 2nd, 3rd enchant is 95%, 86%, 48%.

Completely disregarding the above break chances, the probability of getting the 3 exact enchants you want is 1.2%
    Chance of your desired choice coming up: This is 3/14 * 3/13 * 3/12 (as these are removed from the pool each subsequent go).
    Of course then you have to try and get the masterworks you want....
    And not break it....

I completely agree the rubbish health/focus enchants should be removed. Addionally the number of choices given should scale with level. I don't think having 4 or even 5 options at Gm level is too much to ask.

StarLord, scroda, Ajacied1987 and 4 others like this.
  4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Yes, it would be nice to get more then three options to come up at gm. I am deleveling my bludgeon gm to 97 just to get rid of the durability option. This means I can't mentor people in it anymore, as well as while I would like to get more powerful bludgeon masterworks, I will wait till I have enough exp to go past 2 more ticks worth, which is probably level 115 or so, so that will be a while.

5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I think they are worth it. Without it I could not use my Obsidian Bear pet (221 focus drain) and use my ranged combat effectively. On all of my cloth armor and my bow I have +focus or +focus%.

Chrystoph Reis and jammaplaya like this.
  6. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I managed without :) I now have the ferocious red spider, and can still do ranged, heals and magic skills perfectly ok. with my like 185 focus :)

7. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

I have several customers I enchant for that quite like focus, and when I made myself a tank armor set I took health as a 2nd choice after strength, so yes, there is definately a market for these health and focus enchants.

8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

But using the int and str stats gives you more focus and health as well, and has other benefits. Also, the higher level you are, the more you get per stat point. I get over 3 focus and health per int and str stat point, so when I get +12 into on str armor, that is over 36 health or focus anyways, with the added benefits of spell damage and crit and melee damage, cc resistance and block rating.

Lord Baldrith and Alley Oop like this.
  9. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I don't mind them... not more so than some other enchants but better than others. I can put around 50 health on a single chest/leggings. The masterwork health one is terrible though.

10. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

It's kind of irrelevant whether you find those attributes useful or not. The point is, if we limit the possibilities to just the most desirable attributes, everyone will be cranking out the best gear every time. You have to throw in less powerful/desirable options to ensure that you don't flood the game with maxed out gear. I believe these options are just thrown in to avoid this happening and, to me at least, it's really rewarding to finally make that one special item with everything I wanted on it. This also helps to increase the value of these 'special' items. With the difficulty of making a really good item, with everything you could want on it, it helps to make your crafted item unique.

Spoon and Kvow Triumvir like this.
  11. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I agree. I think they should still exist though, mostly for low skilled or math enchanting. Meaning, instead of people blowing up the friggen wep or armor, people should be forced to place on it a crappy enchant, but they can try again (and also still have something they can sell cheap). Then they just limit max number of enchants by skill like:

1-40 1 enchant
    40-80 2 enchants
    80-120 120+ 3 enchants

The higher the skill in enchanting the higher the enchant is. For example:

Lets say enchanting skill is 100 and a 100 is randomed:

1-20 (old break) +1 main stat
    20-40 +2 main stat
    40-60 +3 main stat
    60-80 +4 main stat
    80-100 +5 main stat

So if they had a 80% chance to enchant and they rolled the number to break the item, they are instead offered a crappy enchant to add like the almost useless +health.

12. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I suppose the original poll is a bit misleading.
    Is the health enchant / focus enchant completely useless? No
    But would I ever take them OVER strength/int which also give health/focus as well as a myriad of other benefits? Absolutely not.
    They are "ok" consolation prizes only.

At the very least, please remove the on-hit procs from wands, I think we could probably all agree those are pointless?

Sorthious, Lord Baldrith and Zader like this.
  13. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Are there focus and health percent enchants or only base addition? Tweaking a percent chance could be useful.

14. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

This is why I didn't participate in the poll. It's meant to lead people to vote the way the OP wants people to vote. I would have answered the poll if it was worded the way the title was worded; "Should sota get rid of health and focus enchants and masterworks?" And to this, my answer would be No.

15. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

They just need to add more options of choice the higher your masterworking skill is.

Right now you only can pick from the options. They need to make it for example where GM masterworking skill had the option to choose from 6

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.