Should SoTA have jail(s)/prison(s) for player characters?

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by mikeaw1101, Dec 22, 2013.

?

Should SoTA have jails and/or prisons for player criminals?

1. Yes

84.8%
  2. No

15.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I would like to see prisons from an RP standpoint. If you want to punish users, suspend them. If people are violating the TOS or some sort of play nice policy I don't care that they paid. They chose to spend their money to be a nuisance, forget 'em. Users deserve to get value for their money but if they are going to violate the integrity of the system or hurt the community they can suck it.

I think having a thieves guild in a prison with people regularly sneaking in and out would be intriguing.

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  2. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

Indeed, having actual things to do while jailed is what I was thinking about as well. We already know the clink will be an actual place in towns, possibly with secret doors and other gameplay fun. This can be expanded upon to include player prisoners and options for them to interact with the clink differently. It might even become something some people may want to go to jail for.

I know about a player oriented court for another game which is not yet out in the west, but I'm not sure how well the implementation ended up being. Either way I liked the concept.

3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I know what game your talking about and i have a friend stationed there and he said it was excellent game play the best he ever has seen!

4. Curt

Curt Avatar

Throw criminals in a 'well' in the center of the town that sends you to the bottom of a natural cave you has to find your way out of

blaquerogue and Lord Baldrith like this.
  5. Trok00

Trok00 Avatar

As a player who really enjoys PvP, I actually think this is a good idea. I have no problem "paying" for the crimes I commit. If I kill someone and get caught, I deserve a bit of time in Prison, same with thieving etc, or even killed in retribution. It would be a lot of fun for me to try and plan the perfect crime and get away with it occasionally, even if it means sitting in jail sometimes.

6. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

I vote yes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.