Shout out to Chris

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrBlight, Apr 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

As annoyed and as much as i like to hassle you guys over the state of the game, the lack of future plans etc etc

Big shout out to Chris lately for the fixes and QUICK responses to feedback lately.

Even something small like adding summoning too the ooc bar.. something i mentioned and wrote about why it makes sense, not 4?5? days ago.. has now been looked at and adjsuted.

Taming aggro and all those issues have been needing love for a long time, and now that hes finnally doing it, were seeing quick responses and adjustments.

Big fan, and if he/whoever else associated, keeps up that pace on fixes and in game issues, as well as being as active in the online discussions about them, you guys might get a lot of peoples problems checked off quick!

Real nice change of pace this last few weeks!

Now get back to work!

2. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Hi mom! I'm on SotA forums!

@Chris righty-o, mage. Righty-o.

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thanks @Chris for all your hard work. So While killing the Dragon today was the first time I saw Meteor Showers. Wow I love the animation of Meteor showers. I can see this type of animation working better for soothing rain than that thick cloud above our avatars head is not helpful. Not sure if it would help if it was higher or not, but I love Meteor showers look. It makes the screen more viewable and Elysium also needs something. ;) Sorry I was going to just say thanks and I said more, but it is no hurry on that, just something I noticed ;)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  4. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Yeah, there were definitely a lot of changes in this release that were things people had been asking for. I hope that keeps up.

5. Serena Strangelove

Serena Strangelove Avatar

+1

I have been meaning to thank Chris in another thread, too lazy to find it, so will say it here - thanks for spending time playing the game to check out the changes that you make. I realize it's numbers and equations, but I think there are other game devs who don't actually spend a decent amount of time playing, but instead just wait for player feedback. It means a lot to me - and probably others - that you make time to spend more than a few minutes in-game to experience the combat changes.

6. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

I couldn't agree more. I'm one of the snarky loudmouths here (since I can't say *******). This is all we ever really wanted, sincere attention and responsiveness. Good Job Chris! That's how you shut people like me up. (I mean that in a good way).

If only @DarkStarr would be a little more forthcoming on content, I wouldn't have anything to gripe about. . . . . . oh yeah, combat, but i'm just gonna sit back and trust you on that one, since now I can see you working.

7. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Chris is good ... Chris is great! He's like a machine! Great work Chris! Thanks!

8. melonjelly

melonjelly Avatar

Good work Chris!

We are all (hopefully) cheering for you!

9. Cobra101

Cobra101 Avatar

Yes. The speed with which things are being adjusted and fixed is truly phenomenal. Props to the dev team

10. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I just recognized the vendor chat was fixed , great job!!!

11. null2

null2 Avatar

Is this a shout at @Chris thread? /me shouts at Atos.

+1 for not adding Atos to the banned pet names list.

12. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

I'll add my commendation. I see discord activity a lot and it's crazy how often @Chris has displayed being active. I keep some crazy hours but my discord usage is more entertainment... I see him and think those are uber nutso work hours.

That said, I see a lot of positive changes BUT (knew it was coming didn't ya?) @Chris you realize halberds are polearms right? You gave a poison buff to 1h polearms.. why not to 2h as well? I do notice a bit of improvement which I suppose is the change to the crit modifier but I'll be honest.. I was hoping to be on a par with blades. I spent most of my QA time experimenting with blades and I was frankly rather annoyed as I wondered how much further along I might be had I chosen blades... the difference was astounding! You know.. I really don't want to change weapons and I don't want to see somebody else get nerfed. I'd appreciate it however if you could just lvl the playing field. I realize there's a lot to do and a lot is on your plate. In addition I also imagine it's hard to prioritize doing something for halberds when there are probably fewer than 10 people who use them (some might say with good reason) I can't help but wonder though if you'd see more people try that class out if it were made viable. Keep up all the other great work...but just gimme gimme gimme some <3 bro

:)

-sol

13. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Wish we could have Chris on combat (and pvp) full time. It makes a huge difference when he's putting large amounts of work into fixing and improvement these areas.

Great job, Chris!

14. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

Everyone should have a @Chris

15. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

really though what would make things way easier is if they just added a 'fix all things' command. I'm not sure why they have not done this yet.

16. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Tabletop Chris

17. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Big fan on R41 feels very ballanced.

18. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

+1 to all of you and of course big thanks to dev team and @Chris for last changes/updates.

19. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

@Chris Good job on The Fall! It's pretty fun and interesting. Hope more players check it out. Looking forward to the mid-range loot bundles too.. might encourage players to farm mobs for the better loot.

20. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

@Chris thanks for your hard work. Math is my nemesis, it just doesn't compute. You get props from me for your equational talent :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.